What's good is the screen, the keyboard, the sound quality, the email, and more. I purchased the Passport about 10 days ago, and it has taken up much of my time, to get familiar with it. There are a few glitches though, that make me miss the IPhone: No sorting by city in the Contacts App. For a smart phone with a focus on getting business done, this is a major flaw. If you travel a lot and you know that you have - say - 10 contacts living in the city of Paris, but you don't remember everyone of their names, you are out of luck on the Blackberry. On the IPhone all you have to do is type in 'Paris', and - abracadabra - all of your Paris based contacts appear.... It would appear that this is something that is easy to fix - sorting by 'city' field. I hope they do it, because if they don't I will have to continue to travel with two devices, or ditch the BB. Other glitches.... The Amazon Store App did not open. I had to call tech support, and be told that I would have to download the latest version and install it manually - and - yes - then it worked... Other apps I miss: Even though Blackberry is a Canadian company you won't find a marine chart app (BB World or Amazon) with charts showing Atlantic Canada. In IOS there is Navionics, and they cover it all...
    12-01-14 12:34 AM
    I will address The contacts issue. In the contacts App you can categorise by city By using the groups function.

Posted via Passport - The Beast!
    12-01-14 02:26 AM
    I will address The contacts issue. In the contacts App you can categorise by city By using the groups function.

How did you do that? I couldn't find a option to group by city name (nor by any other field, just manual addition of group members).

Posted via CB10
    12-01-14 06:49 AM
    If you take a few min to lean how to side load SNAP, you app concerns should be satisfied. That will connect you to Google Play.

Posted via CB10
    Patrick Pierobon likes this.
    12-01-14 06:56 AM
    Regarding the contacts issue, don't even bother with groups. Open the contacts app and just type Paris. Any contact with anything to do with Paris will be displayed.

EDIT: wow, this doesn't actually work. The search doesn't read the city field. That's disappointing...sorry OP.

Posted via my BlackBerry Passport
    12-01-14 08:39 AM
    How about a search through BlackBerry assistant

Posted via CB10
    12-01-14 09:48 AM
    How about a search through BlackBerry assistant

Posted via CB10
    Well, how about? It doesn't work.
    12-01-14 11:22 AM
    How did you do that? I couldn't find a option to group by city name (nor by any other field, just manual addition of group members).

Posted via CB10
    No - go to groups and form a group called Paris, for example. Repeat for your different cities. Add contacts to the different groups.

12-01-14 12:46 PM
    OK, you sorted out the contacts city thing....
    Marine maps for blackberry?
    ATLANTIC COVE (Marine Chart : CA4450_2) | Nautical Charts App
    12-01-14 12:51 PM
    No - go to groups and form a group called Paris, for example. Repeat for your different cities. Add contacts to the different groups.

... and then repeat these steps for all other fields in your contacts that search doesn't scan through? Boy, that's not really a solution for me They definitely have to fix that in the contacts app.
    I use the groups as additional meta information (family, work, a certain project,...), but not to replicate information that's already stored in the contact itself.

Posted via CB10
    12-01-14 01:27 PM
    ... and then repeat these steps for all other fields in your contacts that search doesn't scan through? Boy, that's not really a solution for me They definitely have to fix that in the contacts app.
    I use the groups as additional meta information (family, work, a certain project,...), but not to replicate information that's already stored in the contact itself.

Posted via CB10
    Agreed then, that they have to do something about that. I thought that your use case was only the search by city.

12-01-14 01:42 PM