Hi, my pp gets hot on the upper right portion, specifically back area of the front camera when i use any apps that access the net, including bb10 browser (even when just loading simple non graphics intensive sites), games, news app like pressreader and the rss savvy.

This happen everytime. No misses. On data or wifi. Reset phone several times and cools down almost immediately, but when acessing net again, it starts to heat up.

Any solution?? Is this normal?

BlackBerry Passport Black
    04-26-16 05:20 AM
    Are you in a very low signal area?
    No. This is not normal.

It is expected to heat up if you watch live streaming video or TV programs, especially if you plug it in while doing so.

Yours seems to malfunction by turning on the power amplifier full on anytime it is trying to communicate with the network.

I assume you have restarted the phone. If not, please do so.
    04-26-16 05:49 AM
    Yes am also experiencing it some sometimes.
    It becomes hot all of sudden and I have to restart the phone

Posted from BlackBerry Passport!!
    04-26-16 05:59 AM
    Mine get hot in the top right too when I'm playing games or using what I believe to be more of its power..normal use is fine

Posted via CB10 - 9900 -Playbook- Q10 - Passport SE (1) - Passport SE (2)
    04-26-16 04:16 PM
    Mine only gets a little hot after installing and uninstalling apps; but my nexus 4 did the same, and it might definitely be also related to the strength of the signal. It's not something that worries me though, it has always gone back to imperceptible temps.
    04-26-16 05:41 PM
    Are you in a very low signal area?
    No. This is not normal.

It is expected to heat up if you watch live streaming video or TV programs, especially if you plug it in while doing so.

Yours seems to malfunction by turning on the power amplifier full on anytime it is trying to communicate with the network.

I assume you have restarted the phone. If not, please do so.
    Signal quite strong under wifi, but i cant say of the same while mobile coz im only under 3G. You might have a good theory about power amplier thing. Is there a way to test this out?? Perhaps my radio file got corrupted?

BlackBerry Passport Black
    04-26-16 06:20 PM