I've had a Passport since the device was released and for the most part it's performed great (I still think it's one of the fastest phones I've used). Today I was reading some emails and checked some websites and the phone got blazing hot. I turned it off immediately but I'm wondering if this is the beginning of battery failure. Anyone have similar issues? Thanks.
    08-05-16 03:51 PM
    Probably a Stingray operating in your area. That will heat up your phone quickly.

Yep. A PassPort.
    08-05-16 03:59 PM
    Nah its not your battery, the CPU is in the top corner; probably a big operation the device was doing

Posted via CB10
    08-05-16 04:06 PM
    I do have that experience a lot when im doing youtube or other cpu intensive app. But many android ported apps like waze, viber, etc also consume cpu power even if you dont open it. Monitor or force close them using device manage from the settings

Posted via CB10
    08-05-16 04:54 PM
    Some Web sites will play havoc with Passport.

That's pretty normal with Android apps, as they are not controlled by the OS very well when it comes to battery consumption.

Posted via CB10
    08-06-16 11:50 AM
    I installed 1Mobile recently because there's an app for Reddit that I want that's not available from Amazon. Maybe those are the culprits.
    08-06-16 04:46 PM
    I've had this too. My issue was an email address or social account trying to get continuous notifications. I wound up doing a security wipe and all was fine.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by ciaoenrico; 08-06-16 at 08:04 PM.
    08-06-16 07:46 PM
    I've had a Passport since the device was released and for the most part it's performed great (I still think it's one of the fastest phones I've used). Today I was reading some emails and checked some websites and the phone got blazing hot. I turned it off immediately but I'm wondering if this is the beginning of battery failure. Anyone have similar issues? Thanks.
    Make sure autosync is turned off. My PPSE, Q10, and Classic all got hot, and figured, my computer HDD got loaded too. Foundout that Blackberry Link has set Pictures and Videos to automatically Sync. Turn the feature off, and try if helps.
    12-29-17 05:55 PM
    Make sure autosync is turned off. My PPSE, Q10, and Classic all got hot, and figured, my computer HDD got loaded too. Foundout that Blackberry Link has set Pictures and Videos to automatically Sync. Turn the feature off, and try if helps.
    It actually refused to boot shortly after I posted that so I did an OS reload through Link and the phone is like new. I have minimized the Android apps that I've installed and did not install Asphalt (which, while a blast to play, was not worth it to me) and it seems to work great. Also the battery life is back to semi-normal, i.e. 2 days instead of 6 hours.
    I posted in another thread about how I reloaded the OS through Link and was criticized and mocked by other users, so I stopped posting in that thread.
    12-29-17 05:59 PM
    Unregulated company spy permissions gone wild. Not worth the spyware ona phone.

Sent from one of my SE Passports using BB10 superior software.
    12-29-17 09:29 PM
    UNinstall all Android app can slove this problem.

Posted via CB10
    12-29-17 09:51 PM
    If you use a official youtube app.it is probably because of it.

Posted via CB10
    12-31-17 01:52 AM
    I watch you tube through the browser or use super tube with out any problems on the passport
    12-31-17 03:40 AM
    Any android apps in pp will make the battery drain fast and handset gets hot.

Posted via CB10
    01-01-18 11:19 AM