Here is a copy of the comment I left at the end of the review for the passport on the Trusted reviews site. I compared the reviews of the top 'flagships' on their own site. http://www.trustedreviews.com/blackb...sport-review-4

Nothing we haven't seen before though unfortunately.

A couple things.
    If we compare this review to your own reviews of the iphone 6+, the htc m8 and the note 3.

Firstly battery life. while all the other phones their test was with standard definition video, the passports was with high definition. Also has the largest battery of all the phones.
    blackberry: 6/10
    iphone 6+: 9/10
    Note 3: 7/10
    M8: 8/10

Calls & Sound.
    For a phone that has the loudest speakers of all the phones, with four microphones for call quality and an adaptive speaker in the earpiece to subtly adjust the volume as you move.
    Blackberry: 7/10
    iphone 6+: 9/10
    M8: 9/10

Screen Quality
    With a higher PPI count than the iphone 6+ at 441.
    Blackberry: 8/10
    Iphone 6+: 9/10
    Note 3: 9/10
    M8: 9/10

Value.
    At �529 unlocked i'm pretty sure thats cheaper than all of these phone at launch.
    Blackberry: 6/10
    Iphone 6+: 7/10

Performance
    Your own quote 'The passport has some very impressive specs'
    Blackberry: 6/10
    Iphone 6+: 10/10
    Note 3: 9/10

I'd never be one to accuse bias or the sort. However one only has to look at this admittedly limited comparison. Whether its intentional or habitual. Blackberry seems to have to jump through more hurdles than the rest to get a favourable review.

I'd love to here your comment on this.

Regards, A
    10-05-14 12:24 PM
    Smh. That was a terrible review and it was definitely biased. Nearly impossible to hold with one hand? Who was doing this review? A toddler?

Posted via CB10
    10-05-14 12:41 PM
    yeah its seems that their review isnt so "trusted" really
    10-05-14 12:53 PM
    Trusted? Hmm interesting

Sent from my Q10 using Tapatalk
    10-05-14 12:59 PM
    That is an atrocious review. They had to test the video on High Quality and wonder why the battery sucked so much compared to the rest on standard quality?
    And they really succame to honestly think that a Retina display was better than Passports? Are you joking?
    That is asbolutely ridiculous bias.
    10-05-14 01:00 PM
    And to rate the iphone's battery at 9? Wth

Posted via CB10
    10-05-14 01:03 PM
    Smh. That was a terrible review and it was definitely biased. Nearly impossible to hold with one hand? Who was doing this review? A toddler?

Posted via CB10
    You can easily take photos with the passport holding it one handed.
    How easy is that with the other phones?

Posted via CB10
    10-05-14 01:03 PM
    Loll? Seriously

From my Z30 ? 10.3
    10-05-14 01:09 PM
    Sometimes I wish there was such thing as the Internet police

Posted via CB10 on my Q10
    bungaboy likes this.
    10-05-14 01:14 PM
    quote "
    The problem is that there?s no adaptive display modes or power management apps that you can find on the S5 or the Xperia Z3 to better monitor the most power-sapping features. In more general use, taking no precautions, you will get a day?s use, but you are going to be hard pushed to get more than that. Using it in more general terms, and leaving it uncharged overnight, you are going to be down to around 10%.
    Read more at http://www.trustedreviews.com/blackberry-passport-review-4#FBXYHHTdzKXLrpUv.99"

The passport DOES have freaking power save modes FFS!
    Sometimes I wish ppl needed a license to operate a keyboard. smh.

Posted via CB10
    10-05-14 01:42 PM
    Folks as reviewers should hit respective forums for details on firmware. Once updated then do a review.

bungaboy likes this.
    10-05-14 01:46 PM
    People that want to do a truly unbiased review should probably actually understand the product. I don't have a passport but it is plain to me this individual doesn't get that BlackBerry builds features into the os so you don't need all those silly apps. That's one of the things I like about BlackBerry

Posted via CB10
    10-05-14 01:56 PM
    Folks as reviewers should hit respective forums for details on firmware. Once updated then do a review.

They should also have to pass an IQ test and a lie detector test as well.
    BroncoVAL likes this.
    10-05-14 01:58 PM
    I wait gsmarena.com review. For me they are the,most balanced and trusted site. Same I wait,from them the battery test. I buy Nokia 1520 after,they baterry and phone review.
    10-05-14 02:07 PM
    OP, thanks for the link. It's always useful to be aware of other perspectives and opinions. I don't want to find myself in a "BlackBerry echo chamber" or whatever.

All that said, and having read the linked review, I now find myself wishing I could have the 10 minutes back that I wasted reading this review. In addition to the biases pointed out by the OP, its clear that the reviewer did not familiarize himself with the product. I don't own a Passport but I still know that you don't need an app for power conservation--it's in the Passport's settings. Also, every review (including the review by Bla1ze posted on this site) mentions that the typing experience takes some getting used to and some practice. The lack of detail tells me that this reviewer spent very little time with the Passport. Finally, a pet peeve of mine: why does no one point out that a big reason Apple needs a huge app store is to compensate for the lack of features in iOS and the lack of standards compliance in its mobile browser. Like all BB 10 devices, the Passport can rely on its web browser to access the full features of web sites rather than having to have apps for each bank and e-commerce site.
    Andrew Sheil likes this.
    10-05-14 02:42 PM
    some of my favourite quotes.

'BlackBerry 10 doesn't do anything hugely innovative, but the basic operating system is solid.'

[Blend] 'It’s not revolutionary, but it works well and the Passport is better off for it.'

If Blackberry cured cancer, they'd be like: while its good and it works as it should, most people don't have cancer.
    10-06-14 05:11 AM
    However guys it's totally biased and secondly whoever has done this review needs to start from the very beginning. Let's say from a year old toy car review by matel. Or a transformer small car by hasbro.

Posted via CB10
    10-06-14 05:20 AM
    This is what blackberry has to deal with. Its really not fair is it? This reviewer clearly has something against blackberry.

Completely subjective and biased review.

Posted via CB10
    10-06-14 06:28 AM