Has anyone who has passport try games on it? Probably like fifa 14, injustice, modern combat, dark knight, etc. I know BlackBerry is focusing on business device but are we really have to pay 649 GBP (or maybe around 8-9 milion IDR) only for business and not for fun? Note 4 probably would come in the not so different price and could do both plus the advantage of the S-pen IMHO. So what do you guys think?

Posted via CB10
    09-11-14 11:08 AM
    When the reviews are published I'm sure there will be some gaming info. The screen size and active keyboard should make for an interesting platform
    09-11-14 11:18 AM
    That unique screen makes me wonder how the games that usually played in a widescreen would be in a 1:1 ratio.

Posted via CB10
    09-11-14 07:52 PM
    That unique screen makes me wonder how the games that usually played in a widescreen would be in a 1:1 ratio.

Posted via CB10
    Black bars perhaps? Or maybe not even available? I know the android runtime automatically scales things. So maybe 10.3 will do the same.

Posted via CB10
    09-11-14 07:54 PM
    I hope someone would try it and make a video soon. So curious..

Posted via CB10
    09-12-14 03:22 AM
    What kind of games are you talking about, native ones or ports?
    Since both the Q10 and Q5 are already using a 1:1 display, you can easily take a look there. I don't play many games on my Q10 but those I have tried were always full screen and didn't have any bars. The field of view is usually adjusted to the rather odd screen ratio. On Angry Birds and Beach Buggy (or other racing games) you simply don't see as much on the screen compared to more traditional phones like the Z10. Some games are more complicated because of this, for others it doesn't have an impact at all (Devil's Attorney being a great example).

Due to the fact it has twice the resolution plus a larger screen might simply eliminate the lesser field of view issues.
    09-12-14 05:22 AM
    I really think BlackBerry should subsidise development of some passport specific apps. The passport touch pad keyboard and square screen has more gaming potential than the android/i phone all touch format. Such games could be / should be ported to android and iphone where they wont be as good because of lack of keyboard feed back.
    Think:
    1) Guitar Hero type game where you can feel the keys like strings and bend notes using the touch pad feature.
    2) Potential for tenis,cricket,golf games using a clickable touch pad.
    3) Breakout/Brick breaker games where you control the paddle using a track pad but can click to hold directionally flick to release.
    4) Tetris with touch pad column movement, click top row to to rotate one way, second to rotate the other.
    5) Nintendo ports.
    6,7,8) I can go on....
    09-12-14 02:23 PM