Loving my passport. The keyboard with touch functionality is truly intuitive. I would like to see this type of functionality expanded the in the form of additional features in the OS

1. Add a new mode which let's me use the touch keyboard as a trackpad. I don't know if anyone has tried adding a bluetooth mouse to the phone but if you do it gives you a mouse pointer. I would like to be able to put the keyboard in mouse pointer mode and use it for doing those precise tasks like clicking links and stuff in a web browser.

2. Add some more gesture support from the keyboard in places where it makes sense. Let me move forward and back thru app pages by swiping on the keyboard. Let me go forward and back on the browser with the same swipes.

What you guys think? Any to add?

Posted via CB10
    Mansoor2 likes this.
    12-03-14 02:53 PM
    I only have my Passport since last sunday, but I tried swiping left to go back on a website. I kind of expected it to work. I really like your idea!
    12-03-14 03:01 PM
    also for pictures i like swiping to get throw your photo's
    retomex likes this.
    12-03-14 03:05 PM
    I think it would make sense to map the TYGH buttons above the spacebar to function as a trackpad.

Posted via CB10
    12-03-14 03:38 PM
    Also...need a 'swipe up to close' option for the active frames. Pressing the little X is ****e.

Posted via CB10
    INTz and bakron1 like this.
    12-03-14 03:40 PM
    Getting more from the tactile keyboard would be great!

But I just really want to see contacts fixed... I'll spare you all the rant...
    RWB3325 likes this.
    12-03-14 03:40 PM
    also for pictures i like swiping to get throw your photo's
    What OS are you running?

I'm running 10.3.0.908 and I don't have the swipe keyboard to navigate through pictures function.

This functionality is strictly for 10.3.1 isn't it?
    12-03-14 04:13 PM
    I would love some sort of keyboard shortcut for copy and paste. The ability to select text with the keyboard is awesome but it would be even better if there was a way to use the keyboard to also copy/cut/paste.
    INTz likes this.
    12-03-14 05:05 PM
    When a body of text is highlighted it should be:

Longpress C for COPY
    Longpress X for CUT
    Longpress V for PASTE

Similarly, Longpress V in a text field would PASTE

Posted via CB10
    12-03-14 05:26 PM
    Also...need a 'swipe up to close' option for the active frames. Pressing the little X is ****e.

Posted via CB10
    I agree the Xs are annoying to keep tapping on. I would like to have the gesture of swipe up changed to be a half way swipe up to minimize and a full swipe up to exit the app. Maybe even a close all apps button or some gesture in the running apps screen to close them all.

Now that I'm on that i would like to be able to swipe from the left and right edges to switch apps without having to minimize and tap on other app.

(on a side note I wow never type this much on my z10 as I found the virtual keyboard so annoying to use. This passport has me back to my old ways and I miss them!)

Posted via CB10
    12-03-14 06:39 PM
    I would love some sort of keyboard shortcut for copy and paste. The ability to select text with the keyboard is awesome but it would be even better if there was a way to use the keyboard to also copy/cut/paste.
    Great idea! This would surely appeal to the power users.

One of the things I always loved about my BlackBerry was that you could easily discover the basic functionality of the device but it also had stuff that you would discover over time that would appeal largely to the power users to make you super productive. Think this is what BlackBerry needs to keep in mind as they mature the OS - to always keep adding power user efficiencies.

Posted via CB10
    12-03-14 06:44 PM

Longpress C for COPY
    Longpress X for CUT
    Longpress V for PASTE

Posted via CB10
    The only catch with the long press would be that is also how to capitalize letters, would need a way to differential between "paste" and "V" for when the text isn't highlighted... though I suppose a longpress when you have the curser open from a double tap on the keyboard. I'd be good with that. "Shift + corresponding letter" would also suffice for me. I just find the on screen buttons so tiny. Right now, it's the only function that still has me missing the trackpad on occasion. Mostly on those cold, long-winded email sort of nights.

Posted via my BlackBerry Passport
    12-03-14 06:50 PM
    I'd like to see a double tap on the keyboard to put it into trackpad mode. If I start typing it should then go into keyboard mode.

Posted via CB10
    12-03-14 07:15 PM
    I like these ideas especially getting rid of the little x. I loved that about the PlayBook

Posted via CB10
    12-03-14 07:27 PM
    Also, when viewing pictures to be able to use the keyboard for pinching gestures would make sense.
    12-03-14 07:28 PM
    The only catch with the long press would be that is also how to capitalize letters, would need a way to differential between "paste" and "V" for when the text isn't highlighted... though I suppose a longpress when you have the curser open from a double tap on the keyboard. I'd be good with that. "Shift + corresponding letter" would also suffice for me. I just find the on screen buttons so tiny. Right now, it's the only function that still has me missing the trackpad on occasion. Mostly on those cold, long-winded email sort of nights.

Posted via my BlackBerry Passport
    You're correct. Hmm. Maybe use the ENTER button in the same fashion as the CTRL button on a pc....ie: ENTER+V for PASTE

Posted via CB10
    12-03-14 07:49 PM

Longpress C for COPY
    Longpress X for CUT
    Longpress V for PASTE

Posted via CB10
    That would be a great feature, a common command in MS Word.

Sent from my lovely passport on T Mobile USA
    12-03-14 07:56 PM
    The one thing I would liked change when you swipe down from the lock screen it to have the quick setting menu appear instead of the Sleep mode. I use the flashlight a lot in my work and it would be nice if I can just turn on the flashlight from the lock screen instead of having to unlock the phone then swipe down to bring up the quick settings. I think from the lock screen they should have two finger swipe down to go in to sleep mode and one finger swipe down to bring up the quick setting menu.

Posting WIDE with CB10 on the Blackberry Passport
    divakar likes this.
    12-04-14 05:03 PM
    Speaking of the lock screen

How about a keyboard shortcut to lock the phone. Or does that exist in the 10.3.1 update?

Posted via CB10
    12-04-14 06:07 PM
    Enhance meeting mode notification profile so it's calendar based or even event based. Some of the events don't need to be silent. It would be nice to have individual control on which one is affected by meeting mode.

Posted via CB10 with PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.1151
    12-04-14 07:34 PM
    Love the idea of an on screen mouse, if they can make it work fluently and without interfering with text management. And the idea for additional gestures in some apps is nice as well. Although a lot of those apps already have keyboard shortcuts, so the gestures would not add much.
    Speaking of the lock screen
    How about a keyboard shortcut to lock the phone. Or does that exist in the 10.3.1 update?
    Longpressing keyboard keys in 10.3.1 can be set to all sort of shortcuts like on BBOS, so yes that it coming!
    It would be nice to have individual control on which one is affected by meeting mode.
    I thought it only went into Meeting Mode if your appointment was set as "busy", so in that way you can already control it a little.

BlackBerry Passport signed @ C0007CC89
    12-04-14 07:48 PM
    The one thing I would liked change when you swipe down from the lock screen it to have the quick setting menu appear instead of the Sleep mode. I use the flashlight a lot in my work and it would be nice if I can just turn on the flashlight from the lock screen instead of having to unlock the phone then swipe down to bring up the quick settings. I think from the lock screen they should have two finger swipe down to go in to sleep mode and one finger swipe down to bring up the quick setting menu.

Posting WIDE with CB10 on the Blackberry Passport
    With you on this....

Gautham
    12-04-14 09:52 PM
    Love the idea of an on screen mouse, if they can make it work fluently and without interfering with text management. And the idea for additional gestures in some apps is nice as well. Although a lot of those apps already have keyboard shortcuts, so the gestures would not add much.
    Longpressing keyboard keys in 10.3.1 can be set to all sort of shortcuts like on BBOS, so yes that it coming!

I thought it only went into Meeting Mode if your appointment was set as "busy", so in that way you can already control it a little.

Excellent.

Posted via CB10
    12-04-14 10:09 PM

Excellent! Will check that out.

Posted via CB10 with PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.1151
    12-04-14 10:40 PM
    Would love to see a virtual keyboard option when the phone is turned on its side. Also, a way to force a 16x9 resolution for those apps that don't scale well.
    12-04-14 11:04 PM
28 12