Having had a passport then moved to a Priv.I now find the passport so much better I have gone back.
    So much more could have been done with the passport.To my mind Blacberry were on the verge of a new concept breakthrough just to give up.
    No hope for future developments I suppose.

Posted via CB10
    04-11-17 02:46 AM
    Passport is DEAD

Posted via CB10
    04-11-17 03:29 AM
    BlackBerry Passport Not dead... still it is rocks.
    Passport is a amazing smartphone .

 BLACKBERRY |P A S S P O R T | OG| BBM 2C1E63FA
    04-11-17 03:54 AM
    Hopefully the Keytwo will replicate the Passport

Posted via CB10
    04-11-17 04:15 AM
    Honestly the Passport's wide form-factor is very divisive (certainly a pocket and hand-buster for me) I imagine and the square display aspect ratio isn't supported by Android. I think the KeyOne has the closest aspect ratio it can practically get. I don't expect a direct Passport-sized successor though.

But make no mistake, it certainly works fine now, but it's platform's fate is ultimately sealed, taking the Passport with it. A very unique device though.
    04-11-17 04:24 AM
    Honestly the Passport's wide form-factor is very divisive (certainly a pocket and hand-buster for me) I imagine and the square display aspect ratio isn't supported by Android. I think the KeyOne has the closest aspect ratio it can practically get. I don't expect a direct Passport-sized successor though.

But make no mistake, it certainly works fine now, but it's platform's fate is ultimately sealed, taking the Passport with it. A very unique device though.
    Reluctantly, I agree, although I was always fine with the form factor: it fits nicely into an inside jacket pocket. I will move to the K1, and keep my SE as a WiFi only device.

Posted via CB10
    xandros9 likes this.
    04-11-17 04:30 AM
    No doubt Passport is a great device and still use my SE but unfortunately that aspect ratio did not comply with Google for Android. But after almost 3 years it is holding up quite well. With apps though lately have been using more my PRIV and looking forward to KEYONE.
    04-11-17 05:32 AM
    Not dead, and won't be. But you'd turn into a phone Mcgyver to find and install the apps you need, or use it from third party app or browser. Most folks are not software experts, they just want to download apps and instant use them. You just don't get this from bb10 already, need to look up in forums, get headache from crashes the not correct version, and find satisfaction and happiness when finally get the app works.
    Passport is quite unique phone and inreplaceable. For me any other form factor is a downgrade.

Posted via CB10
    04-11-17 04:45 PM
    I stick to Passport mainly due to the QNX OS. I kind of abandoned BlackBerry, but came back due to the feel of using it. I have an Android and uses it temporarily. I tried iPhone as well. The battery backup is simply great on Passport. Also, I have active sync mail setup with Apple mail and Passport. But Passport always receives mail a moment before Apple mail picks up

My general observation on mobile OS is that the common crowd simply can't handle an advanced OS and the company ditches them sooner or later.
    Symbian was a microkernel OS. It's a bit difficult to program for it, but it's surprisingly stable. It was abandoned.
    Maemo from Nokia was a beast. No longer available.
    QNX from BlackBerry is the best embedded OS. Again, no new devices. Kind of abandoned. Since the BlackBerry Passport hardware is modern and can stay relevant for years to come, the phone is still relevant. We can develop for it as well. It's not like what Symbian or Nokia did with their OS where they completely discontinued even the community effort. But I think BlackBerry will not do that and we still can develop apps of old BlackBerry OS.

Now my thinking is like, got an app that's not present on BB10, write it yourself provided there are APIs to interface to the webservice if it uses one. Using some apps occasionally, use and Android or iPhone ones and be done with it.

Posted via CB10
    nhatanh181 likes this.
    04-11-17 09:28 PM
    I have owned an OG passport as well as a Priv currently. It's not about the passport in my opinion, it is about the platform (BB10). It just didn't cut it with the apps. If the passport ran android like the priv, I would have stuck with the passport honestly.

But they made the Priv. I am satisfied with it. The first day was hell. Once I got past that I got used to it. Now I use it just about flawlessly. You may need to give the Priv a second chance or give the keyone a try.
    Last edited by tfitzpat03; 04-11-17 at 10:20 PM.
    04-11-17 09:54 PM
    My passport died, so I straddled between an android and my old Z10 for about a month. I gave up and bought another BB Passport

Posted via CB10
    i_plod_an_dr_void likes this.
    04-11-17 10:36 PM
    I bought the Passport when it hit Amazon right after its release. Later the headphone jack stopped working and there is no service center nearby to repair. So I went and bought the Silver Edition and gave the other one to my mom. Later I got frustrated with it and sold it for half the price. Then I wanted to tinker with QNX and my interest in BlackBerry 10 got revived. So I bought the Passport Silver Edition again.

Posted via CB10
    04-12-17 01:12 PM
    I love this thread. Just goes to show people can see through the half baked, security nightmare called android. The passport was built like a tank, with a premium feel that even supercedes Jony Ives iPhone design.

Posted via CB10
    i_plod_an_dr_void likes this.
    04-12-17 01:21 PM
    Aren't Passports good for 5 or 10 years from the date of issue? No I mean the BB10 ones. (Was that also the original thinking behind the naming of the jewel)
    04-13-17 02:35 AM
    Hopefully the Keytwo will replicate the Passport

Posted via CB10
    Maybe the form factor. But Android will not replicate BB10.

Posted via CB10
    04-13-17 06:03 AM
    The KeyOne is essentially (an) evolution of the Passport / Q30 platform (or what it would have been) in an android format. And I expect if it's successful you could see other variants down the line if Blackberry Mobile continues, just not running BB10.

A BlackBerry Fan!!!
    04-13-17 06:57 AM
    Bought another passport for future backup. I like to finish flow of thought while reading. How do people deal with reading half sentence at a time with narrowed width phone? Not to mention the keyboard is genius because my fingers won't block the text while scrolling. For someone likes to read, it's just perfect.
    Aside, I have limited data so it won't eating much of it like android (even with background data restricted). I pay phone bill $25/month for me and my wife. Now since she switched to dtek50 we have to watch for data usage.

In short, I will wait for a matured android and may be keyTwo or keyThree before jumping ship. Passport is still here (fingers crossed for SOS syndrome)

Posted from BlackBerry Passport.
    04-13-17 08:41 AM
    BlackBerry Passport Not dead... still it is rocks.
    Passport is a amazing smartphone .

 BLACKBERRY |P A S S P O R T | OG| BBM 2C1E63FA
    Maybe not dead yet, it's definitely in the dying stages, on proverbial deathbed since it's OS is no longer developed and barely supported.

Posted via CB10
    04-13-17 09:17 AM
    Just sold my only used 1 month RED Passport and maintain my SE along my PRIV. Have a duplicate sim so calls come into both the SE and PRIV.

Posted via CB10
    04-13-17 09:43 AM