Hey everyone,
    First of, I'd like to say that I am, for all intents and purposes, an android fan boy; that said, the passport has completely bowled me over! After using touch devices for the past 5 years, I am just itching to try out something new and that's why I have more or less decided to buy the passport. However, there were a few queries that, if answered, could save me a few sleepless nights in the transition to BB OS.
    1. Is there support for FLAC audio? Specifically, what DAC does it use? (I am a bit of an audiophile and my Note II served me well in this regard)
    2. Can it be used like a flash drive on a PC or do I have to use some meddling software like iTunes to transfer files?
    3. Is the keyboard backlit?
    4. Can whatsapp be integrated into the hub?
    5. Can you use Google maps? And does it support GMail and other generic IMAP emails(along with features like deletion, archiving, etc.)?
    6. Lastly, is there a waterproof case somewhere?

Thank you for your time guys, keep rocking
    09-24-14 06:08 PM
    Welcome to CrackBerry! I can answer some of those, flac is already supported on 10.3 as we speak, pretty sure I tried it too when I was on 10.2.1.

You do need to download and install BlackBerry Link, or now is called Blend.

No issues with Gmail or office 365 I wouldn't think. Keyboard is back lit. And whatsapp is integrated into the hub.
    09-24-14 06:38 PM
    Pretty sure you can use it like a flash drive dude - the Z30 behaves the same way, you just hook it up to your comp via USB and boom, drag and drop

#CB10 #Q10 #Darkhorse
    09-24-14 06:43 PM
    Hey everyone,
    First of, I'd like to say that I am, for all intents and purposes, an android fan boy; that said, the passport has completely bowled me over! After using touch devices for the past 5 years, I am just itching to try out something new and that's why I have more or less decided to buy the passport. However, there were a few queries that, if answered, could save me a few sleepless nights in the transition to BB OS.
    1. Is there support for FLAC audio? Specifically, what DAC does it use? (I am a bit of an audiophile and my Note II served me well in this regard)
    2. Can it be used like a flash drive on a PC or do I have to use some meddling software like iTunes to transfer files?
    5. Can you use Google maps? And does it support GMail and other generic IMAP emails(along with features like deletion, archiving, etc.)?

Whatsapp is integrated in the hub in a Z10, so I see no reason get why bt wouldn't be in the Passport.
    09-24-14 06:52 PM
    Yes it works as a flash drive can access device storage threw windows!

Whatsapp is in the hub

Sound formats work

Gmail works

Posted via CB10
    09-24-14 07:01 PM
    The beauty with BlackBerry 10 OS is universal search. If you are looking for anything on your phone just type! So I just typed USB and found the setting for turning my Q10 into a mass storage device

Posted via CB10
    09-24-14 07:10 PM
    Hey everyone,

Had the Passport for a week now and the answer is YES to all of your questions apart from #6 which I dont think anyone will have an answer to until its accessories start to hit the market.

Logically speaking, its not an entertainment phone so BlackBerry won't be releasing such a thing. It will be custom made by some company so it will take time to be out.

Cheers

Posted via CB10
    09-25-14 02:29 AM
    I have a passport but for the life of me cannot get the back light on the keyboard to working. Keys aren't backlit. Any suggestions? Is there a setting?

Posted via CB10
    09-25-14 07:05 PM
    Thanks guys. Crackberry is half the reason I am switching to BB!
    PS: Pre-ordered from Amazon(out of stock right now, meh) after reading your answers
    kbz1960 likes this.
    09-26-14 08:16 AM
    Thanks guys. Crackberry is half the reason I am switching to BB!
    PS: Pre-ordered from Amazon(out of stock right now, meh) after reading your answers
    That gives you time to find a good case lol

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.3247
    kbz1960 likes this.
    09-26-14 04:53 PM
    I have a passport but for the life of me cannot get the back light on the keyboard to working. Keys aren't backlit. Any suggestions? Is there a setting?

Posted via CB10
    Should work with sensors. Test it out with the BBVE app

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.3247
    09-26-14 04:54 PM
    I love that the bb10 devices work easily as a USB flash drive! I can't believe other phones don't. It does require that you have a SD card in it though.

Files can also be shared over wifi with out any software required. (samba network share)

The Passport also does Usb on the go, so with a cable you can plug a flash drive into the phone.

The variety of ways to share files is one of my favourite things about bb10

Posted via CB10
    kbz1960 likes this.
    09-26-14 05:01 PM