12-05-14 08:30 PM
47 12
tools
    Nah.

Blackberry Passport SQW 100-1, 10.3.0.908
    12-04-14 08:38 PM
    I am not complaining about the Passport, it's a very good phone but there is nothing wrong in asking how it could be better and a full QWERTY keyboard certainly comes to mind.

CB10 on my Passport
    12-04-14 09:15 PM
    And I have fully adapted to the Passport keyboard but is the typing experience as good as the Q10? No.

CB10 on my Passport
    12-04-14 09:17 PM
    No thanks!! Passport all touch and now we are talking

"Official International Accountant of the Peevishlicious Crew " via my Canadian Passport!!
    12-04-14 09:17 PM
    I prefer the passport's keyboard, no doubt.
    12-04-14 09:25 PM
    I think people need to stop asking for personalized devices to fit their very own needs.

You have the classic and the passport. Choose between those two.
    j21jam6 and ponpiri like this.
    12-04-14 09:27 PM
    I'm fine with the three row. Helps ease the transition from a full touch device, since the flow isn't broken by searching for, say, Alt+[char]. Having the full complement of keys and the touch functions would be pretty gimmicky, since everything other than correction is redundant.

Posted via CB10
    j21jam6 likes this.
    12-04-14 09:29 PM
    For those saying that this keyboard is superior, I totally disagree. Is it awesome and revolutionary? Yes. But I find I have really only adapted to this keyboard rather than the enjoyment I had on four row. That part is just my opinion but let me ask this..

Can ya type a three paragraph email without ever looking down at your phone with this keyboard?? Nope! Lol
    You have to pay too much attention when using this one in comparison to the four row keyboard. I still miss my q10 keyboard a bit for those reasons but otherwise this keyboard is superior to all others out there.

8310 -> 9800 -> 9900 -> Q10 -> Z30 -> Passport ftw
    Vintage123 likes this.
    12-04-14 09:39 PM
    Less keyboard means a bigger screen, so no. I've really grown to appreciate the way the passport handles text input. Swiping down on the keyboard is quick and easy. Everything just flows perfectly

Sent from my Passport
    12-04-14 09:39 PM
    A passport with full k-board and belt. Now that would be something

Posted via CB10
    12-04-14 10:00 PM
    Yeah, I'll take a passport with a 16:9 screen, a full blown curved 4 row capacitive keyboard, and a toolbelt with a trackball (not a trackpack) at the bottom, and two convenience keys on each side with a removable 4000mAh battery.
    Mr BBRY likes this.
    12-04-14 10:05 PM
    Why ball instead of pad?

Posted via CB10
    12-04-14 10:13 PM
    YES! Full QWERTY, touch enabled.
    12-05-14 09:30 AM
    Who would prefer the Passport with a Q10 keyboard?

CB10 on my Passport
    Rather than answer your query straight away I'd like to ask you something.
    Why are we so resistant to change?
    Two years ago the Blackberry faithful was in a frenzy because the new BB10 phones didn't have a tool belt. Today we are less than two weeks away from the release of the BlackBerry classic. BlackBerry listened. I look forward to the release only because of numbers. How many units will they sell? Will the classic be the bridge from legacy devices to BB10? Will it bring back once loyal users? Will it contribute to or spur a growth in sells for BlackBerry? Time will tell. And this brings me back to my question to you OP: Why are we so resistant to change?

Posted two-handed via Passport
    Last edited by j21jam6; 12-05-14 at 12:16 PM.
    12-05-14 09:57 AM
    Rather than answer your query straight away I'd like to ask you something.
    Why are we so resistant to change?
    Two years ago the Blackberry faithful was in a frenzy because the new BB10 phones didn't have a tool belt. Today we are less than two weeks away from the release of the BlackBerry classic. BlackBerry listened. I look forward to the release only because of numbers. How many units will they sell. Will the classic be the bridge from legacy devices to BB10? Will it bring back once loyal users? Will it contribute to or spur a growth in sells for BlackBerry? Time will tell. And this brings me back to my question to you OP: Why are we so resistant to change?

I feel sometimes it's not about being resistant to change, sometimes it is about 'it doesn't need to be fixed if it ain't broken'. Change for the sake of it is no good. Personally the 4 row keyboard works for me. I am fast on it. Like super fast, why change that. Because I know nothing can beat having that shift and alt key and using typing numbers and special characters from the keyboard instead of swiping down and bringing up a different menu.

Q5 SQR100-3/10.2.1.3442
    12-05-14 11:37 AM
    No I think is very good like it is. Im sure BlackBerry thought a lot before did this keyboard. They brought in market a innovative device. Of course is not perfect but is unique.

Passport
    12-05-14 12:16 PM
    I am not at all resistant to change otherwise I wouldn't have been an early adopter of the Passport. I started this thread because I genuinely wonder how this Passport could be made better and for me the q10 keyboard is hands down the superior keyboard.

Now for those of you that say they prefer three rows because the screen would be smaller otherwise; I say that's a bit of a joke because there is at least an inch above the screen to allow for the blackberry logo and sensors and so what would an additional few cms do to the equation?

I am assuming the Classic keyboard, bar the lack of touch functionality is going to be the best keyboard BlackBerry have ever produced and so that leaves me wondering if BlackBerry are not missing the point by coming up with some kind of a fusion for the next generation Passport. And before one of you says it, no I am not suggesting a tool belt as well.

Passport 2 with fully Qwerty and a rounded Classic finish; Just Imagine!

CB10 on my Passport
    12-05-14 12:23 PM
    For those saying that this keyboard is superior, I totally disagree. Is it awesome and revolutionary? Yes. But I find I have really only adapted to this keyboard rather than the enjoyment I had on four row. That part is just my opinion but let me ask this..

Can ya type a three paragraph email without ever looking down at your phone with this keyboard?? Nope! Lol
    You have to pay too much attention when using this one in comparison to the four row keyboard. I still miss my q10 keyboard a bit for those reasons but otherwise this keyboard is superior to all others out there.

8310 -> 9800 -> 9900 -> Q10 -> Z30 -> Passport ftw
    I very much agree with this post. I do enjoy my Passport but will be moving to the Classic because I no longer enjoy typing/texting like I did on my Q10 (and others prior.) I will probably keep the Passport and use it like a tablet but will have the Classic as my daily go-to phone.

Posted via CB10
    12-05-14 03:00 PM
    I feel sometimes it's not about being resistant to change, sometimes it is about 'it doesn't need to be fixed if it ain't broken'. Change for the sake of it is no good. Personally the 4 row keyboard works for me. I am fast on it. Like super fast, why change that. Because I know nothing can beat having that shift and alt key and using typing numbers and special characters from the keyboard instead of swiping down and bringing up a different menu.

Q5 SQR100-3/10.2.1.3442
    I certainly understand your sentiment. However, advancements in technology are responsible for moving mankind forward. There is an interesting interview with the engineer responsible for revolutionizing the keyboard. He mentions exactly what said. Change for changes sake. He said he didn't want to do that. In fact he says that he didn't want to change the iconic kb unless it could be improved, an advancement. Time will tell if the keyboard is widely adopted. I for one love it.

Last edited by j21jam6; 12-05-14 at 05:35 PM.
    12-05-14 05:01 PM
    I am not at all resistant to change otherwise I wouldn't have been an early adopter of the Passport. I started this thread because I genuinely wonder how this Passport could be made better and for me the q10 keyboard is hands down the superior keyboard.

Now for those of you that say they prefer three rows because the screen would be smaller otherwise; I say that's a bit of a joke because there is at least an inch above the screen to allow for the blackberry logo and sensors and so what would an additional few cms do to the equation?

I am assuming the Classic keyboard, bar the lack of touch functionality is going to be the best keyboard BlackBerry have ever produced and so that leaves me wondering if BlackBerry are not missing the point by coming up with some kind of a fusion for the next generation Passport. And before one of you says it, no I am not suggesting a tool belt as well.

Passport 2 with fully Qwerty and a rounded Classic finish; Just Imagine!

CB10 on my Passport
    I respect your preference for the Q10 kb over the passport kb. I have both devices and I prefer the latter. Easily. I wouldn't want to see a passport with four rows. The passport is revolutionary, from its square form factor to the 1:1 aspect ratio to the capacitive touch keyboard (with it's three rows). I wouldn't change a thing.

FrankIAm likes this.
    12-05-14 05:17 PM
    A full keyboard would be redundant as would an all-touch version.
    FrankIAm likes this.
    12-05-14 07:12 PM
    Well, since the Passport has the 3 extra Norwegian characters always displayed between the Shift and the Alt key, constantly switching between Norwegian and English/Spanish is certainly much faster for me on the Passport than it was on my Q10.

Enviado desde mi sexy Pasaporte
    12-05-14 08:30 PM
47 12