The best Prime Day deals that you can still buy today:Shop now while they last!
    My Passport has been a gem but now it is totally frozen in what seems an attempt for the device to restart. The red light blinks twice then the Blackberry logo appears and then goes off. Cycle continues and the phone really warms up. I let the battery expire and plugged it in , same cycle immediately. I have pressed all the buttons alone, and together in every sequence. At a loss for the solution. I recently added the IGrann app for Instagram and had been using it. Could this have set it off? Thanks if anyone can help.
    10-28-18 06:53 AM
    Pressing all the buttons alone, and together in every sequence is probably something you should avoid in the future.
    Hold the ON/OFF button down for as long as it takes to respond (approx 15 second)
    Also, whenever you download and install an app, do a restart. IN many cases it's necessary to reboot for the app to install and you should do a restart once a day for a happy passport.
    ppeters914 likes this.
    10-28-18 02:07 PM
    I’m having the same problem at the moment
    anon(3732391) likes this.
    10-29-18 03:13 PM
    Thanks you for your response. Still have the same problem, however. Unfortunately also I can not load BB Blend or Link as the operating system on my laptop does not accept it. Any other thoughts? Appreciate it.
    anon(3732391) likes this.
    10-30-18 01:16 PM
    Thanks you for your response. Still have the same problem, however. Unfortunately also I can not load BB Blend or Link as the operating system on my laptop does not accept it. Any other thoughts? Appreciate it.
    Use an autoloader. Sounds like you need to reload (this will wipe your device). Download the latest Passport autoloader using your PC from here: https://mega.nz/#F!fA0URRLL!P-4nDqc5...5LyhA!uUEXFISb
    (it's the 3rd file 1.46Gb)

then unzip it to give you an .exe file. Plug your Passport into your PC and run the file. It will take about 15 minutes to finish then you can set up as if new using your BBID and password.
    ppeters914 and anon(3732391) like this.
    10-30-18 03:54 PM
    Windows 10, 8.1,8..... Go to this link https://www.howtogeek.com/167723/how...igned-drivers/

It'll show you how to install unsigned drivers. Another one of Microsoft's attempts to get you to only use what they approve. (HA! I say!!!)

Forget blend. But you should be able to install Link once you've disabled the driver thingy!!
    With your device and PC connected by cable, open "My PC" (or whatever you're calling it") on your computer desktop you should see two folders from your mobile device. One (mobile storage) the other one (or two) SD card folders. If they don't appear with the other drives, Scroll down the left side ( of explorer...)till you see "Blackberry."
    You might also consider setting your mobile device to pare with your PC (Bluetooth) or check your home network settings. Try doing a traditional rain dance and pray to the sun gods. (works for me everytime) If you're still stuck I have some Voodoo tricks.
    Disclaimer:
    For obvious reasons, I can't be held responsible if any of my suggestions happen to work.
    I'd go with the second suggestion. I've had my Passport since the day it was first released and I approve of this post!!
    Last edited by Lostboy5151; 11-05-18 at 06:31 PM.
    11-01-18 01:00 AM
    Use an autoloader. Sounds like you need to reload (this will wipe your device). Download the latest Passport autoloader using your PC from here: https://mega.nz/#F!fA0URRLL!P-4nDqc5...5LyhA!uUEXFISb
    (it's the 3rd file 1.46Gb)

then unzip it to give you an .exe file. Plug your Passport into your PC and run the file. It will take about 15 minutes to finish then you can set up as if new using your BBID and password.
    Yes!! This would be my second choice. ( because I already listed my first choice) Passport frozen: Red light blinks 2x's, Blackberry logo , cycle repeats-0251.gif

It shouldn't wipe the device, it should complete the install. make sure your connections are clean and secure. Put the phone down (yes, set it free) sometimes the slightest moment can fault your connection and corrupt a file .
    Last edited by Lostboy5151; 11-01-18 at 01:42 AM.
    11-01-18 01:02 AM
    I’m having the same problem at the moment
    A moment isn't enough time to confirm it being a problem. Let's give it a minute before suggesting a moments problem.Passport frozen: Red light blinks 2x's, Blackberry logo , cycle repeats-0269.gif

(Be back in a moment or so)
    11-01-18 01:52 AM
    My Classic has been in this coma slump for quite some time. It's dead, but if I plug it in a weird yellowish color turns on the LED and the screen prompts the BlackBerry Classic logo.. then a huge red battery with an exclamation point shows with some bb.com link.. I just assume my Classic is sadly perished..

Posted via CB10
    11-05-18 12:17 AM
    Let's call it "mostly" dead considering a weird yellowish color , the LED prompts, the logo and that huge red battery would suggest it's alive.... it's Alive.....
    I'd suggest you start by Pressing all the buttons alone, and together in every sequence.
    or instead of me having to explain it... read all the suggestions written above and replace all the "passport" words with "My classic.."
    That bb.com is probably there just to throw you off from mourning your device so you won't check out the good advice that link has to offer.

Right now, I'm concerned about what happened to these other guys. I hope Brookie didn't scare them away!!
    You may want to change the "slump" position. It could get stuck in that shape and will be useless once you fix it. maybe soak it in warm water to relax it. (and be sure to read my disclaimer)

On a personal note... What was your point of referance that you used to "assume?"
    Last edited by Lostboy5151; 11-05-18 at 06:46 PM.
    11-05-18 06:22 PM
    My Classic has been in this coma slump for quite some time. It's dead, but if I plug it in a weird yellowish color turns on the LED and the screen prompts the BlackBerry Classic logo.. then a huge red battery with an exclamation point shows with some bb.com link.. I just assume my Classic is sadly perished..

Posted via CB10
    You may need to replace the battery, there are tutorials on youtube I believe on how to do this. Good luck

Posted via CB10 using my Classic running 10.3.3.3216
    11-06-18 09:52 AM

Posted via CB10
    Hey Liver,

Your Classic may well be recoverable. Feel free to PM if you'd like and we can discuss further, or I can try to walk you through it here. PM by clicking my name at the top of the post, then clicking "PM" in the blue options next to Posts.
    11-07-18 01:45 AM
    Hey baritone,

Were you able to try the autoloader brookie suggested?
    11-07-18 01:47 AM
    I tried it but I have a Mac so it did not open properly. I am searching for something yet.
    Thank you for following up!
    11-07-18 12:57 PM
    I tried it but I have a Mac so it did not open properly. I am searching for something yet.
    Thank you for following up!
    Ahhh. If you have access to a PC that would be the way to go, but failing that you can always use a virtualization platform such as Parallels or VMWare Fusion to run Windows on a Mac and pass the USB connection through. Let me know if you need more info.

Posted via CB10
    11-08-18 01:23 PM
    Thanks again. I will ask some colleagues and try to get a PC . I will let you know what the outcome is. On a gig and really missing the passport. Thanks
    11-13-18 05:55 AM