So I went to swipe to wake up the device that was sitting on my desk for about an hour or so. It woke up but when I went into the hub it froze. I had to hold the power button down till it restarted? Anybody experience this? Could it have been a fluke where I was getting a bunch of big sized emails coming in?
    11-17-14 12:35 PM
    So I went to swipe to wake up the device that was sitting on my desk for about an hour or so. It woke up but when I went into the hub it froze. I had to hold the power button down till it restarted? Anybody experience this? Could it have been a fluke where I was getting a bunch of big sized emails coming in?
    Yeah it is just software, no biggie. When I originally got the Passport I had a bunch of software related issues. The @123 was buggy, if I left the phone for long periods it would freeze, allowing me to swipe around but not open anything in the hub or apps, and one time it went into an endless loop with the AT&T screen which I luckily caught quick as the battery was starting to get warm.

This was all before Rogers sent out an updated OS. I, for the first time, used Sachesi as I loved the device to update non-destructive to .908 from Rogers. In the mean time, AT&T released this update along with a 10.3.1 update (skipped 10.3.1 figuring some ***** at AT&T screwed up).

Anyway, since updating the OS after almost a month now I guess, I have had zero problems with one exception. I literally just had an issue with freezing. I tried swiping up with no response and no response hitting the on button either.

I reset the phone using the volume keys and all is good again. This was after I installed the free call blocker app that I did get from the CB promotion. This was the only thing that I had changed on the device and the battery also drained from a fresh charge to 60 something percent in about an hour.

When the device came back on I deleted this app and restarted; now back to zero issues. The battery life is back to normal and everything is working well.

Definitely a software problem, which is actually a good thing. Question is, which OS are you on? Did you recently change/install anything that could be causing problems?

Posted via CB10
    11-17-14 09:29 PM
    I'm on the latest from Rogers. Only thing I installed was the call blocker app from the free promotion. I will delete that and do a volume button restart. Since my first bull power button restart no problems. But I will get rid of that app.
    11-17-14 10:49 PM
    I'm on the latest from Rogers. Only thing I installed was the call blocker app from the free promotion. I will delete that and do a volume button restart. Since my first bull power button restart no problems. But I will get rid of that app.
    Since I updated right after the Rogers update, I never had a freeze until I downloaded that call blocker app from the CB promo. Like I said, it initially drained my battery then had to do a restart with volume keys as it froze my device, deleted it, regular restart and thankfully everything is right again.

Interesting you had the same problem with this app. So much for actually being up all night and grabbing a free promo! Hope that fixes your issue. I've been smooth sailing again since deleting this app.

Posted via CB10
    11-18-14 12:44 AM