So lately I have noticed that when my passport is charging, the oem charger (part that USB plugs into and goes into the wall) gets super hot. Well last night it finally fried. It no longer works. Plug it in and there is no power. Tonight I got another charger, this one an android charger and plugged my phone in. It started charging for a few minutes and then the charger got very hot. Almost too hot to touch. Then a few minutes after that it fried and no lingers works either.

Any idea what's going on here?

Posted via CB10
    03-02-16 08:40 PM
    I think your wall plug is busted. Take it out of the wall and check for crossed/stripped wires.

Be very careful, it's love voltage you're working with.

Posted via -sigh- Priv. Guess we have to get used to Android guys....
    03-02-16 08:44 PM
    I think your wall plug is busted. Take it out of the wall and check for crossed/stripped wires.

Be very careful, it's love voltage you're working with.

Thanks, but two different plugs, two different floors of my house, different breakers, and two different chargers?

I am on my third (and last) charger right now and even it is super hot. Totally different plug as well

Posted via CB10
    03-02-16 09:58 PM
    Have you been using different cords also?

Posted via CB10
    03-02-16 11:11 PM
    Thanks, but two different plugs, two different floors of my house, different breakers, and two different chargers?

I am on my third (and last) charger right now and even it is super hot. Totally different plug as well

Posted via CB10
    Well, first of all you didn't say that.

Secondly, it could be a more widespread problem with your electrical.

The passport would never have enough power to destroy a charger. They are made to input 120/240 volts and output 5ma. Even at at 2.1 amps, that wouldn't do it.

03-03-16 02:54 AM
    Att version. Nokia fatboy. Luxury since May 2015?

Posted from a wireless charging Passport. Get one!
    03-06-16 08:30 PM
    My first OEM charger took a powder too but ATT replaced it. It never got hot and I haven't had issues since. It could be a bad batch of chargers but since you are using a different brand charger I would be inclined to think it's a bent or bad pin in your phones charge port. Or a bad battery. Hope your issue is resolved soon.

Passport Posted via CB10
    03-11-16 05:28 AM
    your Passport OEM charger should have been 1300mA. If you are using a charger that is rated for less Amperage and your device doesn't recognize this(like when you plug into a computer usb) it will draw too much current for the charger and will cause it to overheat. this will cause the transformer or diodes in the charger to fail (part of the plug end). I recommend you look at your charger and see the amperage rating on the 5V side. If it is not near 1300mA. Then you should buy a new charger. Higher Amp ratings of chargers are OK, lower ratings are not. Newer chargers should tell the device what current to draw
    Last edited by tex3523; 03-17-16 at 11:49 AM.
    03-15-16 10:22 AM