Anyone else have their Passports freezing and videos not playing? Its making want to use my Z10 until a fix. Just opening the crackberry app froze my phone for about 30 seconds before it started back up again. This is getting old.

Only started happening after downloading the official software release 10.3.2.2836

Posted via CB10
    Frank Royle likes this.
    02-13-16 07:34 AM
    My Passport is still sitting on 10.3.2.2474
    The BlackBerry Passport is an unlocked Rogers phone, running on the Bell Network, I still never received the official update... I know I can update via my MacBook Pro.

Lately my Passport has been experiencing a freezing issue.
    Example: I'm on a phone call, the conversation ends, but cannot close off the call. No matter what I do the phone is frozen and if the other side doesn't hang up, I sit there listening. About 30 seconds later the phone unfreezes and I can close of the call from my side.

That's actually the only time my Passport locks up.
    I'm going to try a hard reboot... have you done a hard reboot yet?

Posted from my Passport... You've been BlackBerried!
    02-13-16 08:11 AM
    Mmmm, interesting, this has happened to mine but I just thought it was a glitch, seems it may be a bug then?

Posted via CB10 using my Passport SQW100-1 running 10.3.2.2639
    02-13-16 08:45 AM
    after downloading 10.3.2.2836 mine started acting real buggy. Rebooting didn't help, so I turned my Passport completely off and waited several minutes before booting again. Haven't had any problems since.

Sent from my BlackBerry Passport
    02-13-16 11:40 AM
    Anyone else have their Passports freezing and videos not playing? Its making want to use my Z10 until a fix. Just opening the crackberry app froze my phone for about 30 seconds before it started back up again. This is getting old.

Only started happening after downloading the official software release 10.3.2.2836

Posted via CB10
    There are several issues with that os, since updating I have encountered battery dain, video flickering when playing YouTube
    Videos, phone seems very slow. Of late I'm considering iPhone 6s since Android is not an option for me.

Posted via CB10
    02-13-16 12:06 PM
    I'm considering switching as well. Android will never be as smooth as ios. I just don't want an apple product! Haha. BlackBerry, just send a fix and I'll be happy!

Posted via CB10
    02-13-16 03:19 PM
    Had a similar issue. Used sachisi and reloaded the OS and everything was fine.
    02-13-16 07:54 PM
    I've never experienced that. Have you installed many android apps?

Sent from  Passport
    02-13-16 08:18 PM
    My Android apps that I loaded are:
    Fitbit
    Flipboard
    CBC News

That's the only Android apps I wanted on my Passport...

02-14-16 12:26 AM
    My Passport doesn't have any issues and I have like 30 android apps installed. My advice is to wipe and don't restore all the android apps from backup.
    02-14-16 01:13 AM
    I love my device, a BB Passport circa late 2014 with 10.3.2.2836, but it is buggy. Of that there is no doubt.It is a great piece of HARDWARE. I don't like iPhones and have an Android backup that i never use as it is also less-than-smooth - and does not have the overall integration of a BB phone. My BB is my main personal and work device and I love the hub, which makes everything just that little more convenient. *

* I live in China so it is affected by the limited access to certain services.

I do have a lot of Android apps on my device and it often (almost daily) does the following:

1. Android apps slow down or crash for a minute or so - very often - especially those that may require Google Services; and in particular Wechat, which is my most used app. (It also doesn't allow the use of zhufubao/Wechat Pay which is available on Android and Apple phones). That is annoying as I can't use the taxi app!
    2. Heats up and has battery drain for no apparent reason (I.e., all apps are closed), but will generally still get through a day with moderate use.
    3. Typing a message often flicks back to the start due to short freezes causing a mixed message while typing SM texts.
    4. Android banking apps such as Barclaycard, etc don't work.
    5. Can be slow to load apps on data without 4G.
    6. Annoyingly Android apps do not integrate into the hub very well, which means those updated Android apps that I do download are not present there apart from as a general notification. That is something BB can work on, I think, in terms of integration.

In summary: I love my BB device. And I love the keyboard. But it still has severe software limitations that hold it back from being a mass device... in China at least (where Google is also persona non grata). A lot of work to do in this market, and in general.

F.
    Last edited by FBCHina; 02-20-16 at 01:16 PM. Reason: spelling
    02-20-16 01:14 PM
    Something is definitely wrong with mine as of late, buggy, freezes, hub unresponsive and it's heating up. Tried rebooting and deleting android apps and nothin

Posted via CB10
    02-20-16 02:17 PM
    I am having the same problem(s)--for the second time! I returned my first Passport about two weeks ago (after having it for three weeks) and ordered another silver Passport. It worked like a charm for three days but froze this morning. I made sure that I did not load the latest update, that I turned off "run while minimized," and held Android apps to about 7. I did not load the Amazon Kindle app or anything that might cause overheating or memory loss. Left Passport in holster overnight turned off and went to BlackBerry Virtual Expert (a mistake?) whereupon it froze and now runs only 30 sec or so before re-freezing. I had no trouble when charging and then leaving out of holster or using holster yesterday.

This of course is infuriating to a long-term BlackBerry supporter. My 4th one and first with troubles. I am using my old Z10 now as backup. I am considering trading if possible for a black Passport, not silver, since I have read that tthe silver one overheats. I need several Android apps--esp the MLB and Waze ones. It would kill me to switch to a different phone.
    02-20-16 02:21 PM
    Dear all

I'm having the same problem, my passport Freezes for 30 seconds and is anoying.

Can someone help?

Thanks

Posted via CB10
    02-28-16 02:22 AM

Posted via CB10
    I've been having freezing issues for ever on a daily basis. Doesn't matter what I do to try fixing it. Usually it's the phone app I'm using when it happens.

Here's how my issue happens. Check out the link....

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=1055735

Posted via CB10
    02-28-16 07:17 AM
    My Android apps that I loaded are:
    Fitbit
    Flipboard
    CBC News

That's the only Android apps I wanted on my Passport...

I've had SEVERAL freezing issues on my Z30, and have relayed it back to the CBC news app as the possible problem. I have CBC, Rotoworld and 9gag as my current android apps. The issue only began 2-3 months ago after the 10.3.2.2836 update. The issues I'm experiencing are freezing the browser for 30+ seconds nearly 1-2 x daily, CBC app closing, freezing and lagging.

Anyone know if the NEW Android runtime update would improve any of these issues?

I have now deleted the CBC News app and will see if anything improves. Don't care much about how android apps freezing, but the browser freezing is becoming a nuisance.

Posted via CB10
    03-03-16 06:29 PM