I'd like to see PP form phones in future. Mercury is close but not enough. I have had PP SE for 3 month now, and I find the dimensoins almost perfect for me. Wide, but still fit well in my hand and have stable grip when making one handed phone calls. Every other activity is two handed. My Nokia N8 and now maybe iPhone SE are great one handed device, but 5-5,5" devices are hardly one handed because I just can't reach the whole screen area with my tumb, so most time I had to use my Z30 two hands, one for hold the device, second for gestures with my fingers.
    The PP square screen is quite ergonomic. Far better for desktop view for web sites, what I often prefer over mobile view.
    PKB is large enough and give me a very accurate typing, hovewer not faster than vkb.
    Carrying is best in jacket or coat pocket and bag. However I often keep it in my jean's side pocket and it fits well. A bit wide, but other phones tall also a problem.

I don't say always prefer PP form factor, but I'd like to see and have the possibility to get PP like phones in future not only orinary wide, touch screen phones. I think classic and Q10 like phones, and small one handed devices like iPhone SE are also necessary on market for different demands. It's sad that almost nobody cares about theese possibilities.
    anon(8050899) and dmlis like this.
    01-01-17 07:44 AM
    I agree completely. The problem here is not many people even know of the Passport. I mean I go out and people often say "wow that's a cool phone, what is it?". I'd say the same went for the BB10 software, no one knew of the greatness and did not get a chance to try. This is all BlackBerry's fault for poor or no advertising. They may have faired much better if they just went with BB10 and did a mass marketing campaign at the right times, offset from other big phone launches and coinciding with contract renewals.

Ah well, enjoy it while we can.
    01-01-17 10:57 AM
    Unfortunately the demand is too small for this kind of devices. I don't want a tool that consumes my life. I have FB, Viber but I keep minimum the use of social media only for short communication, because I'm not interested in wide social life, but what I have I want to keep with real persons in real life. Also I don't need apps, I don't play on my phone. PP is perfect for me, because it provide everything I need, fast browsing, great sound quality as mp3 player, navigation, handling e-mails, phone.
    On other hand I just can't recommend this phone. Not because form factor, but the lack of applications. Cobalt Playsotre give some life support for BB10 but it last maybe 1-2 years. I'm different, I can perfectly live even with my old Nokia N8, but of course PP give me speed, pkb and bigger screen.
    01-01-17 02:07 PM
    The PPSE is a super smartphone, perfect in size and daily use. I highly recommend it.

Posted via CB10
    dmlis likes this.
    01-01-17 02:39 PM
    I do not hope to see more Passport like devices in future, but I do like its form factor. The best one for me in all my 26 years history of mobile (compact, palm sized, handheld, etc.) devices usage.

In another better world where BB is better in marketing and customer service... I imagine a niche for PP form factor. Different devices with small variety in dimensions, some with rounded corners, some with replaceable batteries (and probably thicker), IP rated "tough" phones, media focused models with improved sound and screen, Chinese clones with more CPU at lower price, different colours, etc.
    01-01-17 03:48 PM
    Well said op.

The trend towards larger and larger slabs do almost nothing for viewing and just make it more cumbersome to handle and carry.

BlackBerry really had it right with the pp screen dimensions which increased viewing. A 6' phone, increases viewing very very minimally because the ratio is the same. It really is a facepalm situation.

People must be really that dumb to think having a bigger screen at the 16:9 ratio is seeing more. It's actually diminishing returns. The ONLY advantage of the bigger phones are the battery sizes.

I think in the 16:9 ratio form factor, the advantage stops at about 5'2 screens. So the dtek50, iphone 7, galaxy S7, Z30.

Logical to see but the masses do not see this.

Posted via CB10
    01-01-17 04:24 PM
    There won't be, but while it had a lot of possibility (remember the medical X-ray demo at the Passport launch?) the unique 1:1 screen created challenges. Particularly when trying to watch a YouTube video with the letter boxing.
    01-01-17 09:43 PM
    There are two dimensions. The width and length. The width allows for more information to be screened left to right. Increased length allows for less scrolling and larger video display.

The Passport is too wide for most and yet the length is unnecessarily short. The new Mercury is a much better compromise. It will be what the Passport should have been.

Posted via CB10
    01-02-17 12:02 AM
    I disagree, Mercury is narrow, it's a Priv with pkb instead of vkb on screen.
    And the PP length is perfectly short, it fits my pocket, unlike my Z30 get less stress when I sit down in my trousers and I often hold it with my fingers on top and bottom.
    01-02-17 04:44 AM
    I wouldnt mind a passport slider I can adjust to the weight knowing the utility....that makes the screen even bigger....yeppie...already sold on the thought but it ought to be bbdroid as app gap will render it useless ;(

Red passport
    01-02-17 05:18 AM
    The PKB market is too small to justify a Passport style device unless it was larger and marketed as a mobile tablet. As a phone , Passport sales would just take away from Mercury sales.
    01-02-17 09:00 AM
    1:1 screen ratio is not permitted by Google. So that's that.
    01-02-17 09:48 AM
    I agree with one of the statements at the top when I had my pp I lost count of how many times I had people walk up and ask or say that thing is perfect that's exactly what I want but we see the poor sales. I hold true to the fact that iPhone is where there are due to great marketing
    01-02-17 10:11 AM
    From the Android 7 Compatibility Definition: Screen Aspect Ratio
    Android Watch devices MAY have an aspect ratio of 1.0 (1:1).
    The screen aspect ratio MUST be a value from 1.3333 (4:3) to 1.86 (roughly 16:9), but Android Watch
    devices MAY have an aspect ratio of 1.0 (1:1) because such a device implementation will use a
    UI_MODE_TYPE_WATCH as the android.content.res.Configuration.uiMode.
    So unless you're putting it on your wrist, a true 1:1 Passport II ain't gonna happen. The Mercury (3:2/1.5) will be as close as you'll get.
    01-02-17 10:27 AM
    As a first adopter of the PP, I've thoroughly enjoyed the phone, I like everything about it but its form factor, it's just awkward and restrictive. I like the fact that I can get a lot done on it, but its just too bulky, I'm really looking forward to a new physical qwerty with a slimmer and longer profile. The passport is built like a truck, I've dropped it so many times I can't count it it's still kicking, performance is still as it was from day 1. I look forward to trying out the Mercury, looks like what I've been waiting for, something in between the PP and the Nexus 6p, I use both daily.
    Bbnivende likes this.
    01-02-17 10:56 AM
    No one ever says it, but this form factor might be perfect for men with large hands and not so great for petite women. Maybbe I'm wrong, but I might be frustrated if I could never one hand this device like probably lots of women.

I guess this makes this a sexist phone which we can't have in 2017.

Posted via CB10
    01-03-17 03:07 PM
    Okay, people who don't like the Passport's shape can buy any other phone, but there are other people (like me) who like it above everything else and can't go elsewhere!

Posted via CB10
    01-04-17 12:55 AM
    A modular Passport would have been amazing, but I guess we could buy a different coloured one every few years just for the fun of it
    01-04-17 07:31 AM
    I like the form factor too, but companies are risk averse so they conform to safe standards, and they would need to sell the difference as an asset, way better than Blackberry ever did, so something along the lines of "for media production, not just consumption", obviously refined in a more catchy phrase.
    01-04-17 09:50 AM
    Holding on to the Passport during phone calls is easier for large handed people - male and female. I have to pay more attention to my grip with the SE because I'm used to the Q10's comfortable curved back cover.
    01-04-17 10:37 AM
    I love the size of the Passport.

There is a fluidity and thought behind the BB10 operating system. The Passport is built well, I love the size, has a great weight, the battery life is amazing love the qwerty keyboard and the OS learns your writing style to give you appropriate words to swipe.
    I moved away from BlackBerry to the Android world as I needed certain apps. BUT I still use my Passport daily. I can't just stop using it and at times would love to still have this phone with me.

Posted from my Passport... You've been BlackBerried!
    01-04-17 12:44 PM