09-13-15 10:01 AM
85 ... 234
tools
    I went back to a skinnier Z30 for a while cause of a good deal, but honestly coming back to Passport reminded me of what I was missing. To each their own, I guess. Maybe, like me, you should use your Classic continuously for a while and then come back to the Passport and assess it then.

Posted via BlackBerry Passport Red Edition
    09-03-15 10:05 PM
    I actually really like the square form factor

Posted via CB10
    09-03-15 10:59 PM
    Do you remember the character of Ari Gold from the HBO series Entourage? Well he was notorious for always having his BlackBerry in his hand. It's never mentioned by anyone but nonetheless it's ever present. I always Loved that. In fact, I loved it so much I adopted it.

I've had my Passport since November and the size has never been an issue. My phone is usually in my hand wherever I go. My second option is my right front pocket. I never put anything in that pocket regardless of what I'm wearing, except for my phone. Option three is I place it face down on a flat surface. That's more or less what I've done since the 9700.

Posted one-handed via Passport
    Last edited by j21jam6; 09-04-15 at 12:33 AM.
    09-03-15 11:25 PM
    I type sideways all the time. Doing it now in fact. Takes some practice and as previously mentioned you lose your virtual row and symbols.

Posted via CB10 on Passport
    09-04-15 02:01 AM
    I type sideways all the time. Doing it now in fact. Takes some practice and as previously mentioned you lose your virtual row and symbols.

Can't tell if being sarcastic, or being a genius.

 = ♥ | 8220, 8530, 9670, 9810, Q10, Passport
    09-04-15 05:26 AM
    Nope, was being completely sincere (so...a genius, I guess? :P). You'll notice my previous post has no special characters other than a period, which you can get with a double space. Otherwise, the virtual bar doesn't appear in "sideways" mode, but all the PKB keys work normally.

09-04-15 06:01 PM
    I'd be more than willing to help you with your burden. Would you like my shipping address?

Posted via CB10
    anon9347040 likes this.
    09-04-15 10:16 PM
    I've never found it difficult to carry around. The only thing I miss about a smaller form factor is the one handed use.

On the Passport, I can't even reach all the icons with one hand and it can get annoying to have to take my hand off the beer to open an app sometimes.

Posted via CB10
    I don't get the whole issue with not being able to use the Passport one handed. I don't have very big hands myself, but I can manage to do anything I personally would expect to be able to do one handed with it. I can even type with it and reach every key with just my thumb. I just grip the bottom of the phone with my pinky in front and the rest of my fingers cradled around the back. Maybe I'm just more manually dexterous, I don't know. I'm gonna press post, at the top of CB app on the right hand side, with my left thumb right now.

Posted via CB10
    anon9347040 likes this.
    09-05-15 01:40 AM
    When I got close to the end of my Z30 contract, I was wanting either the Passport or the Classic. My rational mind said to get the Classic, but my impulsive mind said to get the Passport. Initially then, I went and got myself the Passport. It was such a beautiful phone! I did find, however, some issues with pocketability. I suppose it was something that I could have gotten used to, but I only gave it about three days worth of a chance. Eventually, I ended up going back to the store and getting a Classic instead. The "beast factor" of the Passport is alluring, but the "powerful yet simple" factor of the Classic has won me over... for now.

Maybe I try out the Passport again lol

Posted via CB10
    09-13-15 08:46 AM
    Love and respect fellow bb10 user as an old adage says, "To each his own" What works for one may not work for the other. What's important is we're all keeping the faith on bb10

Posted via CB10
    09-13-15 10:01 AM
85 ... 234