Hurts my hand using it in long sessions, but my tablet gets no use anymore...

Posted via CB10
    07-09-15 02:39 PM
    I have the exact opposite experience when I try and use my Q10, now it's officially retired and I only use the Passport. The only time it feels bulky is when I over stuff the carry case with cash ID and credit cards.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2339 Q10SQN100-5/10.3.1.2576 Posted via CB
    07-09-15 04:31 PM
    I love the passport but with time I am finding it more and more uncomfortable to carry around. I find myself switching over to the Classic even though I much prefer the Passport as a device.

The main problem is the size and awkward corners. I have had it for 8 months now but am starting to tire of carrying it around. I am not sure I would go for the Passport 2 if it were to come out. Rather I would hope for a thinner and faster Classic.

What do you think?

Posted via CB10
    The size is good for me, and as I almost always wear a jacket (or cargo vest at the moment in London's unusually tropical weather.......), I always have a handy Passport sized pocket (and if I am wearing a travel shirt, that will have a Passport sized pocket too).

BUT.... I completely agree with you re: the corners, I think that the AT&T model with rounded corners is functionally superior (even if it doesn't look as good - that's an official 'looks' comparison btw, as that statement came from her ladyship....) as my Passport has been catching & tearing up the pocket linings on some of my older jackets.
    Last edited by BigAl_BB9900; 07-09-15 at 06:04 PM.
    07-09-15 05:09 PM
    The Passport is like fine wine, gets better and better with time. Had mine for almost 10 months now and every day I love it even more. I don't see myself with any other phone anytime soon.

Posted via the king of phones. The Passport.
    BigAl_BB9900 likes this.
    07-09-15 07:06 PM
    I was thinking that i was being tired of the passport... Then it broke, and I sent it to warranty, using iphone 4S now until passport gets back... Damn, i'm counting the days to get the passport back, I miss it so MUCH!!!
    07-09-15 07:42 PM
    Just gave the Classic a shot and damn. I can't get my passport back out fast enough. The track pad hasn't got anything on the keypad track pad and I miss flicking long words up to the screen. And believe it or not, I prefer the touchscreen numbers and symbols. I guess cause I got use to it. And I really miss the swipe down to pop up the numbers/symbols. Will send the Ole classic back and stay with the Passport.

Posted via CB10
    Larry Harper likes this.
    07-09-15 09:33 PM
    You make me so glad I didn't pull the trigger on the classic. I think it was a vain attempt to go backwards to a time when BlackBerry was a success.... alas, that boat sailed a long time back... the innovative capacitive keyboard is fabulous... even that was not brought to market properly & the scroll feature was only later added spoiling the marketing opportunity.

BlackBerry needs a real manager.

Just gave the Classic a shot and damn. I can't get my passport back out fast enough. The track pad hasn't got anything on the keypad track pad and I miss flicking long words up to the screen. And believe it or not, I prefer the touchscreen numbers and symbols. I guess cause I got use to it. And I really miss the swipe down to pop up the numbers/symbols. Will send the Ole classic back and stay with the Passport.

Posted via CB10
    07-09-15 09:48 PM
    Can be a pain as too wide to fit in jeans front pocket or any trousers really. Have to carry it in inside jacket pocket - but wear jacket less frequently now due to it being summer.

Posted via CB10
    It's an awkward size for daily use, but then any Phablet would be. I wish bb would release a 4-row passport mini. A q10-2?
    07-09-15 09:48 PM
    Actually, I almost never hold it to my ear favoring the excellent speakerphone which I wish I could make default. In minimalist StilGut case, fits in jeans front pocket fine.
    07-09-15 09:52 PM
    Hopefully, they'll bring out a triangular shaped one
    "The Office" fan I hope?

extisis and Plazmic Flame like this.
    07-09-15 10:15 PM
    I carry a nexus 6, iphone 6, and a passport at the same time. The nexus 6 is just ridiculously big

Posted via CB10
    07-09-15 11:35 PM
    Yup agree 100% with OP. I've had a Passport since last October. Black one then went through 2 red ones.
    Will be switching to the blue Classic shortly.
    The uniqueness of the Passport wears off.

Posted via CB10
    07-09-15 11:40 PM
    I tried carrying each one by itself and I prefer the passport. The iphone 6 is just too light. I'm always checking my pockets to make sure I haven't lost it. The nexus 6 is like carrying a brick. It's tall and wide. The passport is just about right for me. Not too big, and not too tall. I carry my passport only in the holster or the inside of my coat/jacket. Never in my pants pocket.

Posted via CB10
    07-09-15 11:45 PM
    I know what the OP means. I love my Pass sport and all that productivity it provides me, yet I am typing this on my Q10.

It really is tiny compared to my Passport but so great with most of the things I need to do. I can slip it into my pocket and off we go.

My Passport is like a mini tablet and I tend to treat it as such. It has replaced my iPad mini except for a platform for games and movies.

But sometimes I dig out this old faithful just to remember what it was to have a qwerty board with an alt button that fits in any pocket.

Posted via CB10
    Larry Harper likes this.
    07-10-15 12:33 AM
    I've gone back to using my old Z10 for phone calls/bbm/texts. The Passport is still with me 80% of the time and I use it almost just as much, but as a phone, especially working outside, the Z10 is a pretty nice size. And in the OtterBox it is a nice compact little brick rather than a full paving stone like the Passport. The Passport usually stays in my work binder and I take it out to reply to emails, and my Z10 is like my 'previewer'.
    I very much enjoy the combination and, while I thought that the Passport would be my only device, I really enjoy having the two together and feel that they compliment each other. The ability to quickly turn on my Z10 as a hotspot makes the Passport fully functional. It's amazing how it updates and syncs my emails the second that it connects.
    It's a great device. But it's not just a smartphone. It's in a class of its own and should be treated as such. It doesn't need to 'replace' your phone because it is in a totally different league.
    anon(5830442) likes this.
    07-10-15 01:07 AM
    I you're not happy with the size and shape, change to another device. But, have you considered a holster? I carry my Passport in an SPE belt holster through the week and it's far more convenient than a pocket. Just a thought.

Smartphone Experts Leather Swivel Holster Specifically designed for BlackBerry Passport | BlackBerry Holsters | CrackBerry Canada
    is this what you look like through the week?

Passport form factor becomes annoying with time-tool-belt-occidental_full.jpeg
    07-10-15 01:10 AM

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tool-belt-occidental_full.jpeg 
Views:	1051 
Size:	27.0 KB 
ID:	361776
    Not too far off actually!
    jojo beaconsfield likes this.
    07-10-15 01:12 AM
    Gimme de dang phone then. I'm happy to oblige.

Posted via CB10
    07-10-15 05:56 AM

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tool-belt-occidental_full.jpeg 
Views:	1051 
Size:	27.0 KB 
ID:	361776
    Lol. Points for imagination.

No, my Passport in its leather flex shell, in the SPE holster isn't very bulky at all when worn on the belt. I went from the Z30 holstered to the Passport holstered without much adjustment. I carry it holstered during the week when I have to carry my company-issued iPhone. On weekends, the Passport goes in a pocket.

(NB; I only use the iPhone for calls -- I don't call clients from my personal number.)
    07-10-15 06:36 AM
    Hopefully, they'll bring out a triangular shaped one
    Get yourself the hot, new Wi-Tri!

Richard
    07-10-15 07:54 AM
    [QUOTE=... with the Classic or dare I say the iPhone 6 there is far more of the 'pick up and go' element.

Posted via CB10[/QUOTE]

Lol,made me laugh,iphone has certainly become a bad word.
    07-10-15 07:57 AM
    I'm fine with it other than typing and balancing a coffee in other hand when I need to reach for the far left keys (Q, A, Z).

My Z30 does feel small and cramped in comparsion to my Passport.

RedBerry Passport / 10.3.2.2339 / Telus
    07-10-15 08:02 AM
    Solution: type left handed...don't use words containing O or U vowels...LOL

I'm fine with it other than typing and balancing a coffee in other hand when I need to reach for the far left keys (Q, A, Z).

My Z30 does feel small and cramped in comparsion to my Passport.

RedBerry Passport / 10.3.2.2339 / Telus
    07-10-15 08:05 AM
    You cannot understandably have the best of both. Compromise is the call of the hour.

Posted via CB10
    KemKev likes this.
    07-10-15 08:17 AM
    Why not?

You cannot understandably have the best of both. Compromise is the call of the hour.

Posted via CB10
    07-10-15 08:33 AM
85 1234