The official Passport flipcase was just lightly covered in an article on Crackberry. Looks beautiful to me, but I'm curious about the functionality. How will it attach the the passport without a removable back cover like the Z30? How will it function with the non-flat back?

Attachment 286741
    Attachment 286742

Pretty class anyway. Keeps up with the Passport-nomer. Though I wouldn't mind seeing one in blue with a gold/silver logo for the fun of it.

Thoughts? Versus a silicone case?

I'd post on the article itself, but it's impossible to maintain a discussion in the article section on CB10. I copied these photos from the CB home page just for discussion purposes, is that okay?

Posted via CB10
    07-24-14 11:55 AM
    I had a flip cover like this for my Z10, but did not like how it interfered with typing (at least for me it did).

Adding extra bulk to the wide passport is an interesting dilemma. I typically favor pocket sleeve/pouch cases so the device is protected on the move, but then naked as intended while in use.

BB10 devices require cases due to how easy the OS pocket-dials without one. A case on the Passport will certainly add some bulk though... I'm curious to see other options.

Posted via CB10
    07-24-14 12:26 PM
    attachments are not visible
    07-24-14 01:16 PM
    I guess it works similar to the flip case of the Q10: Basically it is a softshell with the flip cover attached to its back. You simply clip your phone into that softshell like with every other similar case. The cover than holds on that softshell frame.
    It works ok. I just hope they reworked the plastic lens for the LED cutout, on the Q10 case the viewing angles were a bit limited.

Double-typed and posted with a BlackBerry Q10.
    07-29-14 02:53 AM