Since US doesn't have high local taxes...
    Californians might disagree. They pay exorbitant local taxes on things like cellphones.
    08-26-14 02:22 PM
    Pls take into account VAT of 20% in Czech republic. So 456$ should be the tax-free price for Classic. Since US doesn't have high local taxes, you shouldn't cash out more than 500$ for it.
    $500 USD for a device with 3 year old specs is insanely expensive.

Posted via CB10
    08-26-14 02:23 PM

Posted via CB10
    Nah...with the BB10-OS 10-year-old specs would be enough.
    With Androiddevices you have to look how new the specs are. But we don't really need Quad-Cores and so on with our BlackBerrys - just like the iPhones

Posted via Q10
    08-26-14 02:29 PM

Posted via CB10
    Oh come on stop being ridiculous.

Posted via CB10
    08-26-14 03:35 PM
    And what is with the antenna?! Also Paratek...
    08-26-14 04:58 PM
    Oh come on stop being ridiculous.

Posted via CB10
    Sadly, I'm not being ridiculous. Let's see what the price ends up being and we'll see where the sales go from there.

Posted via CB10
    08-26-14 06:33 PM
    Sadly, I'm not being ridiculous. Let's see what the price ends up being and we'll see where the sales go from there.

Posted via CB10
    At this point I don't think price is a big determinant of BlackBerry sales. This has become a fringe platform, as defined by their 2.5% (and shrinking) marketshare. BlackBerry is going to sell to loyal users and former users like me who desperately want to come back. I'd probably pay $1200 for a Passport if that was the full retail price. I simply WANT one, and I shall have it. Entrenched Android and iPhone users are not going to give this or any other BlackBerry a sniff. Sales might be good **for a BlackBerry** but they're simply not going to turn this platform around with devices.
    08-26-14 08:02 PM
    At this point I don't think price is a big determinant of BlackBerry sales. This has become a fringe platform, as defined by their 2.5% (and shrinking) marketshare. BlackBerry is going to sell to loyal users and former users like me who desperately want to come back. I'd probably pay $1200 for a Passport if that was the full retail price. I simply WANT one, and I shall have it. Entrenched Android and iPhone users are not going to give this or any other BlackBerry a sniff. Sales might be good **for a BlackBerry** but they're simply not going to turn this platform around with devices.
    That sounds like an abusive relationship. I think BlackBerry have learnt their lesson and will price the phone competitively. Android and iOS users will give this a real look when the reviews play from the larger pubs.

Posted via CB10
    08-26-14 08:21 PM
    That sounds like an abusive relationship. I think BlackBerry have learnt their lesson and will price the phone competitively. Android and iOS users will give this a real look when the reviews play from the larger pubs.

Posted via CB10
    I too prefer to think that a reasonable approach and common sense will prevail.

Posted via CB10
    08-26-14 08:41 PM
    Please sell it no more than 650 USD..
    08-26-14 08:46 PM

Posted via CB10
    Again you're a 100% spec sheet enthusiast who buys 2-3 phones off contract a year and is never satisfied since "the next big speced thing" is always right around the corner. How is your sentiment towards this phone worth anything?

Posted via CB10
    08-27-14 01:04 AM
    That's what it was as well.

Tapped and flicked from my BlackBerry Z30!
    08-27-14 03:06 AM
    Insomnia has dulled my cognitive and typing capability! I forgot you can not nest comments in forums. I hate that... my previous comment was in regards to the steak and not suited to the delicate hands of a fragile girl(or whatever) translation above. That is what I saw in the article as well; not sure where the positive translation came from.

Tapped and flicked from my BlackBerry Z30!
    08-27-14 03:10 AM
    Ah well then, I guess my wife should get one of these.

Hahahaha

Posted via CB10
    You little pussycat.

Sent from my outdated Z10
    dejanh likes this.
    08-27-14 05:03 AM

Posted via CB10
    Was thinking the same thing, considering the snapdragon 800 chip is the same chip that's in S4.

08-27-14 05:06 AM
    Was thinking the same thing, considering the snapdragon 800 chip is the same chip that's in S4.

Except that the S4 is just 1.5 years old when the Passport arrives, not 3, and that even the S5s 801 chip is an incremental upgrade over the 800.

Posted via CB10
    08-27-14 05:28 AM
    Except that the S4 is just 1.5 years old when the Passport arrives, not 3, and that even the S5s 801 chip is an incremental upgrade over the 800.

Posted via CB10
    Does that seem right that we're getting 1.5 yearold hardware in a brand new flagship? I should hope this thing is priced very competitively.

Posted via CB10
    08-27-14 07:52 AM
    Does that seem right that we're getting 1.5 yearold hardware in a brand new flagship? I should hope this thing is priced very competitively.

Posted via CB10
    This is incorrect. Journos are actually impressed with the Passport hardware as it is. The only group I saw raising the "old hardware" shtick are some crackberry.com regulars.

Posted via CB10
    08-27-14 08:10 AM
    This "Bad Boy" is for those who have arrived. Me want it now!!
    Yeah yeah....me want it too...we spend so much green without thinking...I don't think that it will be an issue paying for something that we love

Z30 STA-2 10.3.0.1052 Posted via CB
    08-27-14 09:09 AM

Posted via CB10
    Nobody else is using that chip anymore expect BlackBerry?

08-27-14 10:07 AM
    Dies this article say `replaceable battery`�

Posted via CrackBerry App
    08-27-14 10:58 AM

Posted via CB10
    Depends how you look at it. I buy a Passport for its form factor, built quality, keyboard, battery size and OS. That makes it worth a high price for me. I don't buy just a SoC, because if that'd be the case I'd have switched to Android years ago.

Posted via CB10
    Denny_Crane likes this.
    08-27-14 11:00 AM
    Dies this article say `replaceable battery`�

Posted via CrackBerry App
    I think I saw somewhere where the battery is not replaceable. Also, in video, when he pops off the back, it is only the top inch that pops off rather than the bottom half (take a look at a Q10, it would be the top half sliding off rather than the bottom).

Posted via CB10
    08-28-14 04:23 PM
    And what is with the antenna?! Also Paratek...
    Dual antennas....should result in double the discussions about if they work or not.

Z30 144GB
    08-29-14 03:50 PM
49 12