08-25-14 06:41 AM
    Kraaaaaaaasny
    Ruslan Botsyurko likes this.
    08-25-14 06:48 AM
    Nice one.

Posted via CB10
    08-25-14 06:59 AM
    I think the Passport will look very sent in "the delicate hands of a fragile girl"

The blond babes should also buy one if they want to look also smart.
    -- the competition has already golden iphones.

Posted via CB10
    08-25-14 07:08 AM
    I think the Passport will look very sent in "the delicate hands of a fragile girl"
    Posted via CB10
    SEXY.

Posted via CB10
    08-25-14 07:09 AM
    Is that a Banana in your pants. Why yes it is.
    08-25-14 07:27 AM
    Nice article with some interesting pictures. Also, the point that they raise regarding the pricing does make a lot of sense. In light of BlackBerry's damaged reputation, pricing should be competitive.

Posted via CB10
    08-25-14 08:25 AM
    Thank you for posting.

This phone just looks so so gorgeous. I actually cannot wait to get my hands on it. I can't remember the last time that I was this excited about a new phone. I think the last time was probably the BlackBerry Bold years ago!

The size doesn't bother me, all I am concerned about is how android apps run on this thing. Particularly those like Instagram.

But this was a great write up. It seems that this handset will definitely get people talking, and I think that is something that BB need.

Just hope that the UK get it ASAP!
    08-25-14 09:03 AM
    Haha, wow. I think the Czech language just owned Google Translate. While it was a horrible translation, it was very entertaining.
    08-25-14 09:06 AM
    The last paragraph sums it all up. Price will make or break this phone. It has to be priced below Apple and Samsung flagship devices, and noticeably so. Priced too high and this phone will be sentenced to obscurity before it even has a chance of succeeding.

Posted via CB10
    patbateman16121 likes this.
    08-25-14 09:35 AM
    The last paragraph sums it all up. Price will make or break this phone. It has to be priced below Apple and Samsung flagship devices, and noticeably so. Priced too high and this phone will be sentenced to obscurity before it even has a chance of succeeding.

Posted via CB10
    Yep. Please don't mess this up BlackBerry by pricing it too high. I want this device to sell so people can see what a flagship BB10 device is all about.

Posted via CB10
    Cracklen likes this.
    08-25-14 10:09 AM
    The only "good" news if its priced too high is that it won't sell and 4 months later, it will be listed with same price as low cost Android phones and crackberry members will buy it massively... No that's definitvely not a good thing because it would probably mean the near end of Blackberry making devices...
    08-25-14 10:09 AM

Posted via CB10
    I absolutely agree and I hope that Mr. Chen reads CB forums. I'm adamant that BB has a winner with the passport but it has to be priced right to get people in the door. I have said it before and I will say it again, I would love to see some aggressive pricing at $499. Realistically, it might be a bit low but anything above $575 and I think BB is flirting with danger of another botch launch. As they say in the car business "Price it to sell it".
    08-25-14 11:36 AM
    When I click the link from my Q10 I go to google with the http: in the search window, where I can attempt to click translate or accept the turn off safe mode its very small and hard to click the right link. It would be same on android or iphone I'm sure but if I had a passport would the keyboard work as a mouse? This is important to me as its just so annoying browsing without a trackpad or a mouse
    08-25-14 12:36 PM
    Anoybody notice the active frames in the middle of this pic...

Passport first impressions by Czech mobile magazine (Google translate)-023_dsc-3887.jpg

They are cut in half! That's amazing. Therefore you can run 12 frames on one page
    08-25-14 02:37 PM
    I love this part:

"Design: Only dead fish swim with the stream"

Kudos to BlackBerry for designing a phone (once again!) based on usefulness rather than trying to take a current design and make that useful. A purpose-driven design is both rare and refreshing these days. Apple is sticking with their own basic design that's strikingly similar to the original 2007 design. Samsung's Galaxy S line is equally homogenous in design all the way back to the first model. Ironic that Apple, the "Think Different" company has stuck with the same basic design for 7 years while stodgy old BlackBerry pushes the envelope and makes radical changes.
    ralphbu and Ruslan Botsyurko like this.
    08-25-14 03:16 PM
    Hi guys, article author is now answering questions in this thread
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...otos-q-954842/

Posted via CB10
    Ruslan Botsyurko likes this.
    08-26-14 01:05 AM
    BlackBerry has said this is a device for CEO's, everyone should be expecting it to be priced along those lines.

From another source I've heard that the official price for Passport in the Czech Republic should be about $760 USD (after conversion from CZK) and $570 USD for the Classic, so I guess the price in Canada shouldn't be any higher.
    But the Classic at $570 is of bigger concern.... we are talking about a device with reportedly 2-1/2 year old hardware buy the times it's released.

But none of this is really official... so we'll have to wait and see.
    08-26-14 08:50 AM
    This "Bad Boy" is for those who have arrived. Me want it now!!
    08-26-14 11:38 AM
    Anoybody notice the active frames in the middle of this pic...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	023_dsc-3887.jpg 
Views:	974 
Size:	178.7 KB 
ID:	293499

They are cut in half! That's amazing. Therefore you can run 12 frames on one page
    My understanding is that what is shown is the maximum. 8. Oldest four are half size
    08-26-14 11:48 AM
    BlackBerry has said this is a device for CEO's, everyone should be expecting it to be priced along those lines.

But the Classic at $570 is of bigger concern.... we are talking about a device with reportedly 2-1/2 year old hardware buy the times it's released.

But none of this is really official... so we'll have to wait and see.
    Designed for CEOs? Hahahaha, yes, BlackBerry taking the concept of niche to a whole new level. ROFLMAO

Posted via CB10
    08-26-14 11:55 AM
    Designed for CEOs? Hahahaha, yes, BlackBerry taking the concept of niche to a whole new level. ROFLMAO

Posted via CB10
    If you the "boss" of your house then that qualifies you as a CEO.
    08-26-14 01:24 PM
    If you the "boss" of your house then that qualifies you as a CEO.
    Ah well then, I guess my wife should get one of these.

Hahahaha

Posted via CB10
    HaberNik likes this.
    08-26-14 01:37 PM

The blond babes should also buy one if they want to look also smart.
    -- the competition has already golden iphones.

Posted via CB10
    Maybe be a diff. translation each view ?
    "...Passport proper "steak" and not exactly ideal for smaller hands of a fragile girl. ...." ?!

It was a tough read, due to translation (not content).

imho
    08-26-14 01:45 PM
    Pls take into account VAT of 20% in Czech republic. So 456$ should be the tax-free price for Classic. Since US doesn't have high local taxes, you shouldn't cash out more than 500$ for it.
    08-26-14 02:08 PM
49 12