So I've had the passport for 2 full days now. These thoughts are just my opinion, I'll try to keep it as short as possible.

It's too damn wide. Sorry. The screen is great on this thing, it's gorgeous, but it has gotten to that point where it's too uncomfortable to hold. I notice this most when I am typing. This innovative touch enabled keyboard is amazing, but not on this form factor. This is supposed to be a tool that makes me more productive, and whenever I pick up my idle Q10 in my bedroom, I feel like I could punch out emails and text messages and BBM's waaaay quicker. I feel like I can multi task easier on my Q also. This passport device makes every day use more difficult for me then it was on my Q10

I do not like how the 4th row has been removed. I keep finding myself clicking the z key on this keyboard to get a comma going (where the alt key used to be). It takes way too long to stop what I was doing typing wise, then go to the touch screen and locate what character or piece of punctuation i was looking for. Overall I have been the slowest typer on this phone compared to any other blackberry I've owned.

Positively, I love the touch enabled keyboard, but not on this form factor. I think the Q10 is a way better size for me, and I have large hands. I would love to see that type of keyboard come on a smaller form factor.

10.3 is awesome. This phone is also extremely quick and fast. Swiping out of an app has never been snappier. My side loaded android apps almost feel native. Again, love this phone, but not this form factor.

Overall, I feel like the passport was a great idea, but I don't think it's realistic. For me this phone is just not too big, but too wide. And for a phone this large, I feel like the physical keyboard is almost making me less productive. I will continue to use the device for a longer period of time. But if i don't feel comfortable within a week, I will be selling it.

Posted via CB10 for Q10
    vptsff likes this.
    10-16-14 02:04 AM
    BlackBerry blend is also a flawless piece of software!! Amazing

Posted via CB10 for Q10
    vptsff likes this.
    10-16-14 02:06 AM
    I had same feelings with you but there is a need of learning period for the new keyboard. It took me a week to be well adapted! Now after two weeks of use I can write as fast as with my previous device and I type a lot, about 60 emails a day plus text messages.

Sent from my BlackBerry Passport
    Andy_bb_king likes this.
    10-16-14 02:17 PM