So is this current sale the final clearing out of inventory for the passport?

For the US market it's pretty much firesale prices.

Last time they did this for the Q10 and Z30 the stock was depleted and that was pretty much the end.

#whatisclassic
    09-21-16 10:52 PM
    Could be they're clearing the shelves for new devices...... maybe

Posted via CB10
    09-21-16 11:11 PM
    I don't think they slash prices if people are trampling each other to buy something.... I do believe this could be the final liquidation

Posted via CB10
    09-21-16 11:55 PM
    What is a good price for a new se?

Posted via CB10
    09-22-16 05:53 PM
    299 USD.
    09-22-16 06:51 PM
    Wow, and direct from Blackberry... A few days ago there was a coupon for an ebay seller, Black or White Passport, $230, new, unlocked; expired since though, I think.
    09-22-16 08:55 PM
    Does anyone think the prices could be further reduced?

#workwide #OG Black
    09-23-16 10:36 AM
    Certainly looks like they are trying to get rid of them...

Couldn't resist taking a gander at the silver edition on the shop pages, despite already having a perfectly well working black one.

Fortunately for my wallet it turns out they only ship to six countries in all of Europe. :P
    to boldly go likes this.
    09-23-16 10:46 AM
    Does anyone think the prices could be further reduced?

#workwide #OG Black
    All bets are off on Black Friday lol

 Passport filter-evading the NSA  Make BlackBerry Great Again!
    09-23-16 07:25 PM
    Well if Chen actually announces EOL for BlackBerry 10 at the earnings report this week, then it's obvious this is a fire sale.

Not to mention that crap about continuing to support both OS to give choice for their secure mobility solutions, truth will finally be confirmed.

Moreover, I remember well what happened with the playbook. Within maybe a year after the firesale, the thing was basically useless...

Browser couldn't render, not even youtube, no apps, etc

#workwide #OG Black
    09-23-16 08:08 PM
    I wish that they would offer such low prices in the rest of the World too.

Posted via CB10
    Sav Sav likes this.
    09-23-16 08:09 PM
    Since some reports on CB & such speak of an android SE, why doesn't BlackBerry keep them & convert to android with BlackBerry apps on top... I would buy that... to sweeten, they could offer to convert existing BlackBerry OG Passports etc for a fee or OTA with a key... I would do that took...

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    09-23-16 09:37 PM
    Firesale is such a negative word.

But they are undoubtedly looking to unload the BB10 hardware. Likely they're selling at a loss but at this point, everything to do with BB10 is a write off for BlackBerry.

Regardless, it's an excellent deal for excellent devices. You just have to understand the limitations.

Posted via CB10
    09-23-16 10:52 PM
    Just out of curiosity, when/if they do truly pull the plug on BB10, will the devices become useless like the playbooks did? I.e. browsers stop working, messages/mail apps stop as well, etc ? Or would they continue to work?
    m4766bean likes this.
    09-23-16 10:59 PM
    Just out of curiosity, when/if they do truly pull the plug on BB10, will the devices become useless like the playbooks did? I.e. browsers stop working, messages/mail apps stop as well, etc ? Or would they continue to work?
    No they won't become useless. And where did you get the idea that PlayBook stopped working and became useless? I still have my PlayBook connected to my TV as a streaming device and It works great. Also browsing, mail and regular usage is just fine on the PlayBook. Yeah it doesn't get new apps but it still functions just fine.

BB10 is going to be functional for years and years to come. You just have to do some research and be reasonable with your expectations.

Posted via CB10
    09-23-16 11:20 PM
    No they won't become useless. And where did you get the idea that PlayBook stopped working and became useless?
    Moreover, I remember well what happened with the playbook. Within maybe a year after the firesale, the thing was basically useless...

Browser couldn't render, not even youtube, no apps, etc
    That's where I got the idea.
    09-23-16 11:32 PM
    I found the PPSE on Amazon and Ebay for just under $290 USD. I picked it up, because to me it was the right deal at the right time.
    Logic being, it was cost effective if I purchase it now to get the most out of the BB10 OS lifespan if it will eventually go unsupported. I'm really just looking forward to hopefully 2 years of productivity in a great form factor for what I need a device for.

A BlackBerry Fan
    09-24-16 02:35 AM
    That's where I got the idea.
    It's not true.

Posted via CB10
    09-24-16 10:31 AM
    That's strange. My mail, browsers, youtube, apps, all still work on the PlayBook.

Posted via CB10
    OriginalLucy and BigAl_BB9900 like this.
    09-24-16 02:12 PM
    I'm hoping the browser gets a few speed improvements with 10.3.3 and if that's the case (probably even with out!) I'm pulling the trigger on a SE Passport.

I'm lucky, I really only need what comes out of the box with BB10 and a workable browser for all my "mobile needs".
    09-24-16 02:31 PM
    Jumped into the fire, so to speak and got a PPSE...

Posted via CB10
    Sav Sav and BigAl_BB9900 like this.
    09-24-16 02:43 PM
    That's strange. My mail, browsers, youtube, apps, all still work on the PlayBook.

Posted via CB10
    Try signing in to YouTube no tell how that goes. The PlayBook can't sign in to Google sites.

Posted via CB10
    09-24-16 03:16 PM
    I'm hoping the browser gets a few speed improvements with 10.3.3 and if that's the case (probably even with out!) I'm pulling the trigger on a SE Passport.

I'm lucky, I really only need what comes out of the box with BB10 and a workable browser for all my "mobile needs".
    A browser improvement would do me fine too. I don't really have any issues but it could be a tad faster. Aside from that the Passport is the nuts!

Posted via CB10
    09-24-16 03:47 PM
    Try signing in to YouTube no tell how that goes. The PlayBook can't sign in to Google sites.

Posted via CB10
    Challenge accepted.

Posted via CB10
    09-24-16 05:22 PM

Posted via CB10
    Through Origami browser it can.

Posted via CB10
    bigjman and Jrox74 like this.
    09-26-16 06:04 AM
121 123 ...