Alright so, my friend is over and somehow my Passport just fell from the surface because of something he did. I didn't think much of it because 1) it has a full case on, 2) it's a Passport and 3) it wasn't a bad fall. 20-30 minutes later I go to get it to check my texts, and it's extremely hot with the RGB LED flashing on and off. LED isn't turning on the way you'd turn the phone, it's basically flashing really fast on/off/on/off etc.

I would just go and buy a new phone since this has served me well for almost 2.5 years, but the issue is that I'm 19 (yes, bought the PP at 16, no regrets) and I had some money set aside for a laptop that I must get cause I'm majoring in Computer Engineering. I'm not gonna ask my parents for money for a phone, they're already paying so much for my tuition. Asking my friend to pay is totally off the table.

I'll most probably go take it to repairing, but the issue is that I'm probably 1 out of 1000 who have the PP here so I doubt any shop really knows how to work this phone. I'm stuck at the dorms until Friday too.

So, has this ever happened to anyone? If so, what did you do?
    Last edited by royabsa; 03-13-17 at 02:33 PM.
    03-13-17 02:03 PM
    You could try reloading the OS.... but it sounds like there is a hardware issue. I'd take it to a local repair shop and talk with them about it, see if they think they'll be able to do anything or how much they'd charge to look at it. Might could sell the unit for parts and buy a used Passport?? Something to consider if they are going to charge you $50 to just look at it....
    royabsa likes this.
    03-13-17 02:20 PM
    You could try reloading the OS.... but it sounds like there is a hardware issue. I'd take it to a local repair shop and talk with them about it, see if they think they'll be able to do anything or how much they'd charge to look at it. Might could sell the unit for parts and buy a used Passport?? Something to consider if they are going to charge you $50 to just look at it....
    I messaged BBHelp to see if they know any reputable repair shops in Lebanon but I doubt they're gonna be of help, at all. I don't think reloading the OS will do anything.

I just plugged it in for 30 minutes, now when I attempt to turn it on, the LED goes red for 5 minutes, then goes off. I think this is a dead end.
    03-13-17 02:39 PM
    I messaged BBHelp to see if they know any reputable repair shops in Lebanon but I doubt they're gonna be of help, at all. I don't think reloading the OS will do anything.

I just plugged it in for 30 minutes, now when I attempt to turn it on, the LED goes red for 5 minutes, then goes off. I think this is a dead end.
    It's hardware. I think lcd. Check all part

 BlackBerry Passport SE SQW-100-4 / 10.3.3.2205
    royabsa likes this.
    03-13-17 07:51 PM
    First try holding. The volume up and down buttons at the same time. See if it will power cycle than boot up.
    royabsa likes this.
    03-13-17 07:54 PM
    Sounds like you will need to open it up and see whats going on. Better buy another one

Blackberry Passport and Blue Classic
    royabsa likes this.
    03-13-17 07:59 PM
    That sucks OP. It definitely sounds like a hardware problem, but I would try reloading the OS just to be sure.
    royabsa likes this.
    03-13-17 08:21 PM
    First try holding. The volume up and down buttons at the same time. See if it will power cycle than boot up.
    I just did that, nothing happened. No red LED, no BB logo. I just held the power button too and the same thing happened. Lol the phone probably died overnight.

That sucks OP. It definitely sounds like a hardware problem, but I would try reloading the OS just to be sure.
    Just fired up Sachesi and it doesn't recognize there's a phone plugged in. It's probably hardware yeah.
    03-14-17 01:23 AM
    I just did that, nothing happened. No red LED, no BB logo. I just held the power button too and the same thing happened. Lol the phone probably died overnight.

Just fired up Sachesi and it doesn't recognize there's a phone plugged in. It's probably hardware yeah.
    Use an autoloader not sachesi. Yes it might be a hardware problem but try all options first
    royabsa likes this.
    03-14-17 04:10 AM
    If the autoloader doesn't work, and you absolutely can't find a repair shop that you would want to use, take a look at the Passport tear-down videos on YouTube. Could be the fall has just knocked a connector loose and it just needs to be realigned/reassembled.

If the alternative is a new paperweight, it might be worth trying?

Posted via CB10
    royabsa likes this.
    03-14-17 04:32 AM
    If the autoloader doesn't work, and you absolutely can't find a repair shop that you would want to use, take a look at the Passport tear-down videos on YouTube. Could be the fall has just knocked a connector loose and it just needs to be realigned/reassembled.

If the alternative is a new paperweight, it might be worth trying?

Posted via CB10
    Just took it to a random repair shop nearby cause *obviously* BBHelp on Twitter couldn't help me at all. We'll see how things will go.

Thanks for your suggestions guys! Appreciate it.
    03-14-17 06:03 AM
    Hope everything is okay

Posted via the  P a s s p o r t | b l a c k e d i t i o n
    royabsa likes this.
    03-14-17 10:45 AM
    Mine got the same problem, because my toddler was enjoying my passport thinking it was a teether. The culprit was the power button. The phone is thinking that I never release the power button. After I dismantle the phone and kinda a jiggle and wipe here and there. It's OK now.

Posted via CB10
    royabsa likes this.
    03-15-17 08:56 AM
    Heard back from the repair shop guy, sadly the phone's totally dead beyond repair without having to spend a lot of $ on it / importing stuff from outside. Lovely.

Thanks everyone for your replies! This can get locked now if needed.
    03-15-17 01:37 PM