08-25-15 08:21 PM
146 ... 3456
tools
    I use it everyday I am just not that comfortable when taking pictures or selfies.

Posted via CB10
    I have no issues with pictures for the most part, however I can gladly say I have no idea about selfies! xD

Praise be unto our Lord, Squircle | Passport SQW100-1/10.3.2.2339
    BigAl_BB9900 likes this.
    07-30-15 09:59 PM
    It can be an everyday phone, but the width can become an issue. I guess it all depends on how determined you are in making it your every day device.

If you flop back and forth, you will notice the width a lot more than if you just stick to your passport only.

#dirtythirty #naturalsound #CB10 #glassweave
    07-30-15 10:53 PM
    Daily driver for me, replaced the Z10. Still get people saying is BlackBerry still in business? What phone is that? Etc.

Posted via CB10
    07-30-15 11:26 PM
    This. People say that the Passport is too big. Yes, it's a wide device, but I find it far less phablet-y and easier to hold for phone calls than the Galaxy Notes or iPhone 6+s that look like monsters compared to the Passport.
    Those phones are not as wide. The width is the only issue for me.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    07-31-15 12:00 AM
    I find that I still use two devices, it's just a little too cumbersome to use for all the activities I do. I love the phone for what it's good for, great device and still can't put it down. Just not a good phone for throwing in my pocket and being active with it.

It's a productive power house!

Posted via CB10
    Very true!

Posted via CB10
    07-31-15 02:07 AM
    I have no issues with the size of the phone. I have yet to be wearing clothing without pockets wide enough to accommodate the Passport. The little workhorse is perfect in everyday for this happy camper! I especially like the camera!

Posted via CB10
    D3C0D3R likes this.
    07-31-15 06:22 AM
    I've come to the conclusion that the Passport is not an everyday phone, for me. Too large to be comfortable in my pocket. When working in the yard, bending, it comes on in my pocket. I've had it do all kinds of strange things even after making sure its locked. Many threads about this happening to other people too.
    The Passport is a great device, perfect for a suit pocket, briefcase, or purse. Not for my everyday lifestyle though. Back to my Classic and Lumina 830. Remember, this is my opinion and not a knock on the device or anyone else using it.
    08-02-15 02:35 PM
    Just tried BlackBerry Passport out at an AT&T store and it's not as large as I thought or as other made seem.

Only thing I can see it not good for is jogging with sweats or basketball shorts. But if you use an arm strap then you're good to go.

Posted via CB10
    08-02-15 05:37 PM
    I finally decided that my passport is not going to be my daily driver. I will just keep for the business side. Just placed an order for the Nexus 6. The app department on the BlackBerry is not there to make it my daily driver. Not just the app department but also the device is designed for emailing, browsing but lacks behind when media stuff comes in play.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by gilbertgk; 08-02-15 at 06:14 PM.
    08-02-15 05:56 PM
    Yes, it is a daily phone. I had mine since January. It is the best thing ever.

I do miss the integrations and some software that comes with Anrdoid, as well as some of the Android interface features (I do not miss anything on the iOS and I find it deeply irritating), but nothing in the Android land is tempting.
    08-03-15 04:53 AM
    It's the best phone i ever had-waking up with it and going to bed with it...In between, uncount actions...i use all the time!

Posted via CB10
    hamilgs likes this.
    08-03-15 08:56 AM
    It's really the size that's holding me back. The phones a great one though as far as the screen and performance. If it was a tad narrower... I will still use it as a niche device.

Posted via CB10
    08-03-15 11:17 AM
    just got it 2 days ago and i love it..best phone i've ever had, tried every os but blackberry is still the best..i use it for school, communication, gaming, entertainment yet you won't worry about the battery..and it's really fast specifically multi tasking..

Posted via CB10
    08-03-15 12:01 PM
    More like an every other day phone to me, since I charge it every other day. But I use it almost every minute and loving every bit of it.

Posted via CB10
    TgeekB and hamilgs like this.
    08-03-15 01:52 PM
    What about using those exercise accessories that allow you to have your phone on your arm.

Posted via CB10
    Sorry for the delay in responding. I was away last week, with little time for web stuff. Anyway, IIRC, it sounded like the armbands didn't work well with the Passport. Size, shape and weight make it more challenging than other phones, I'm sure.
    08-03-15 03:11 PM
    Sorry for the delay in responding. I was away last week, with little time for web stuff. Anyway, IIRC, it sounded like the armbands didn't work well with the Passport. Size, shape and weight make it more challenging than other phones, I'm sure.
    I think I would absolutely crack up if I saw someone running down the street with a Passport strapped to their arm!
    kraski likes this.
    08-03-15 04:19 PM
    Why have two phones when the passport can do it all

Posted via CB10
    08-03-15 06:48 PM

Posted via CB10
    I have had the passport for good six months and I can say it doesn't do everything. That's said It's a perfect business phone but it falls short when media stuff comes in play. I never enjoyed watching youtube or Netflix. Notification center for android apps are not properly working. Other BlackBerry apps such Linkedin don't work the way they should....etc. That's why for me I keep the passport for work and Nexus 6 for personal life.

Posted via CB10
    08-04-15 07:07 PM

Posted via CB10
    The 'why' for me is precisely because of the size.

To answer this thread again, but with more of a blunt answer: No, the Passport is not an everyday phone.

I have a feeling that the public perception of technology is changing and the Passport is what changed mine. I was never into tablets; I saw them as giant 'smartphones' but not much more. And the Passport has gotten me to rethink the whole 'smartphone' term altogether. Somewhere along the way, we became convinced that a mobile phone should do everything. First it was a camera, then mP3, then this or that, until all of a sudden the goal was to have one device that does it all. Yes, the Passport can do it all, but that doesn't mean that it's the best for everything.

It's the 'superstore' mentality that's taken over our perception of what our mobile device should do. Walmart has pretty much everything, but with many compromises. The don't have the best quality things nor do they have the best selection of any one thing. Most smartphones are the same. They can do it all but at the expense of something else. Giant screen = quicker batter drain, more versatile = less stability, more apps = less native ingenuity. All of these are broad generalizations but you get the point. The Passport is great at what it does but that doesn't mean that it's the best phone to throw in your pocket and take on a trip to an amusement park. And it doesn't have to be.

So, the Passport is not really a 'smartphone' to me. It's a BlackBerry. There is a difference to me and I think to most, whether or not they want to admit it. I actually now have my Passport hooked up through a data-only plan so it quite literally isn't a phone at all anymore. And, at the same time, it's more than that.
    08-04-15 10:34 PM
    I actually now have my Passport hooked up through a data-only plan so it quite literally isn't a phone at all anymore. And, at the same time, it's more than that.
    Can't imagine why you would prefer thee voice call experience on any device over the Passport. The call quality is nothing short of astonishing.

Posted via CB10
    08-04-15 11:01 PM
    Can't imagine why you would prefer thee voice call experience on any device over the Passport. The call quality is nothing short of astonishing.

Posted via CB10
    I completely agree. But, as I said, it's entirely about the size. The Passport is more of a mini computer to me than a giant phone.

I work outside and also need to email clients throughout the day so the Passport is always with me. But when I am actually working, it is physical work that I do and it's not always the best to have a large device like the Passport on my person - whether that be in a pocket or holstered - it's just not the best for that. I need to have a phone on me at all times but I don't always need to have a mini computer. The Passport lives in my binder, my phone stays on me.
    08-04-15 11:49 PM
    What is the best cover to passport?

Posted via CB10
    08-05-15 01:32 AM
    Also keep in mind when you add a case it is even a tad wider still.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2339
    08-05-15 02:02 AM
    My Passport is my everyday phone.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2339
    08-06-15 05:42 PM
    Just got my Passport yesterday so still adjusting to the size, ergonomics, etc. Do those of you that have had one for a while use it every day for all situations? I understand work and school but what about everything else? Does the size get in the way? Thanks.

Posted via CB10
    After almost a full years worth of user time I have to say it really is a beast. I've downloaded and installed leaks with awesome success. Never had an issue whatsoever. I use my BB Passport to due all my day to day work and personal functions. I have gmail contacts and calendar set up on the device to manage my customer appointments and file information for all of my clients. THen I use the bbos calendar and contacts for my personal usage.

It took a bit to get use to looking at the large square screen but it really is alot of screen realstate. The device functions really zippy and can power thru mutiple things at once. Although I have an old paper agenda by Daytimers. I use the calendar app that gives me a week view exactly like the daytimers 2 page per week style. I have the two calendars open and just access back and forth depending on what i need to see for the following weeks.

And the battery power is muscle strong. You'll appreach that especially when u have those long working days that need your device powered up. For me this device is a beast. I have about a hundred apps stored on my device and is so handy and useful. Check out the forums on some of the great apps that we use and recommend.

Passport SQW100-1 / leak 10.3.2.2252 Rogers Wireless Posted via CB
    BigAl_BB9900 and PonyCrazyKid like this.
    08-12-15 12:44 PM
146 ... 3456