08-25-15 08:21 PM
146 1234 ...
tools
    WORK AND PLAY. Best for everyone who wants a PKB. There is no excuse not to use a BB now.
    07-26-15 04:47 PM
    Which case did you go with? I want to find one like that.
    I use a Seidio case with the belt clip. Meets my needs nicely.

T-Mobile  вιaсĸвεггч Passport Autoloaded 10.3.1.2582 Sachesi up to 10.3.1.2744 to 2.680 to 2.798 to 2.2204 to 2339
    07-26-15 05:00 PM
    What I'm finding is its a completely different experience from the Classic. Holding the Classic in one hand while whipping through apps is a breeze. Not so easy on the Passport.

Posted via CB10
    07-26-15 05:37 PM
    I use it every day as my sole device.
    It fits in my jeans pockets, front and back.
    And I even play games on it (via Retroarch).
    I've never taken any phone with me on a run (too busy running).

Posted via CB10
    Never taken a phone on a run? I love the GPS feedback such as pace/distance and a guy has to have music!! Please don't say you take your ipod.

Passport Posted
    juanoblackcrack likes this.
    07-26-15 05:39 PM
    I use it all day. Fits in my suit pocket, dress shirt pocket, dress pants, jeans, or my gym shorts. I have no issues with it.

RedBerry Passport /10.3.2.2339 / Telus
    07-26-15 05:43 PM
    I have the unlocked version and have to conclude that this is the best phone I have come across to date. With that said, unfortunately I only use it as my second choice phone in deference to my Z10. Reason? It's too large to use single handed, which is how I deploy the Z10 for my field work, using various calculators and converters and other tech apps. I have a Seidio case for the PP which makes it even more cumbersome but in its Stilgut case it fits quite well in street clothes and two handed use is no issue off the job. I've even considered the Z30 as a field piece but with the arrival of a work mandated iPhone6 (which I despise and only use it as a email notifier), the similar size to the iP6 again has me keeping the Z10 as the work horse.
    Also, were I to buy another PassPort I would probably go for the AT&T version to see if it could hold up to the commissioning/ construction/ operations aspect of my job as well as the Z10.
    07-26-15 05:55 PM
    best BB ever,but everyday requires a holster,imho
    07-26-15 06:03 PM
    I've had the passport since they began to sell it, no issues what so ever, bought a hard case but still had to put it in my pocket. That worked till they came out with the flip leather holster, I find this to be great and saves a lot of space in the pocket. Really wish verizon carried this phone, living in colorado verizon provides the best service but oh well I stayed with att just for the phone.

Posted via CB10
    07-26-15 08:02 PM
    I an on day 2 with the Passport as my primary work device and I an getting used to the form and keyboard. It feels soo much faster than my z30 so far.

 Red Passport on OS 10.3.2.2339 / SR 10.3.2.2226
    07-26-15 08:08 PM

No device is perfect, but in my opinion, Passport meets most of the needs better than others.

Posted via CB10
    +1 on that. Every device is a compromise in some dimension. I recall a sci-fi movie that had a screen that rolled out when needed, and spatial object manipulation. That would seem to be an ideal tradeoff between size and portability. Too bad it's fiction.

Posted on my Passport to the future
    kthhrrsn likes this.
    07-26-15 08:13 PM
    If you're doing business all day, then yes. If you're active and doing lots of different things, then no. I love the Passport, but it is awkward, and it will always require you to adapt to it.

Posted via CB10
    07-26-15 08:39 PM
    Yes you can use it in all situations. The size just matter. You just need to get to use to it using your both hands. Passports are quiet helpful and are great in your daily activities.
    07-26-15 09:14 PM
    You asked: "Is Passport an every day phone?"
    I'll ask: Is not everyday a Passport day?

Just got my Passport yesterday so still adjusting to the size, ergonomics, etc. Do those of you that have had one for a while use it every day for all situations? I understand work and school but what about everything else? Does the size get in the way? Thanks.

Posted via CB10
    07-26-15 09:20 PM
    I think once you commit to a phone, you'll adapt around it.
    07-26-15 09:23 PM
    I think once you commit to a phone, you'll adapt around it.
    That is the big difference between it and the Classic.

You must adapt to the Passport.
    The Classic fits into an active lifestyle with ease.

Posted via CB10
    James Blight likes this.
    07-26-15 09:36 PM
    An everyday "phone"? Not for me, it isn't.

I actually thought the whole 'phablet' term was kind of a joke when I first heard it. I bought my Passport last October and used it steady since then. It was my daily driver until about a month ago. I found that using it on the job site and carrying it around safely was a chore. I know that it's built like a tank but I bought this baby for the full price and I don't have any insurance on it. I need to take care of it.

Primarily, what I was using my Passport for that made it the best device I had ever owned was typing long email messages on the fly. I loved the browsing experience and just everything about it really. But the very things that made it the 'best in class' also made it a bit less-than-ideal of a phone, simply for its large size. The Z10 in its OtterBox Defender case is a brick. Nothing can compete with that durability. And, also, I wouldn't cry (as much) if something did happen to it. It would be a different story if something were to happen to my Passport - especially on account of my own carelessness. So, I'm extra careful.

I will be getting a data-only Sim card which will save my Z10 a lot of juice when I have the mobile hotspot running. My Passport will basically be just as functional as it ever was with the very small exception of not being able to receive phone calls. I will still use it every day and love it, but it will not be my phone. It was always more than a phone to me anyway... it's a BlackBerry. My Passport stays in the truck unless I am meeting with a client and want to show off, or if I am taking beautiful photos with it. It's what I carry around instead of my laptop - not instead of my phone.
    07-26-15 09:45 PM
    Just got my Passport yesterday so still adjusting to the size, ergonomics, etc. Do those of you that have had one for a while use it every day for all situations? I understand work and school but what about everything else? Does the size get in the way? Thanks.

Posted via CB10
    Yes it's a everyday phone. Most people like me are doing well with the size no problem, but there were a few (but not many) that in the end didn't like it, and got tired of this form factor.

There are no phones that aren't made for every day. every smartphone is made to be used everyday. Some people don't like big phones, some people don't like small phones. Tell a Samsung Galaxy Note user to try to adapt to a Iphone 5s... When it comes to size, it goes both ways
    07-26-15 10:30 PM
    Absolutely it is an everyday phone, work, school, and play. I've had it since launch and it is still awesome.

Brought to you by...My sweet Passport
    07-26-15 11:30 PM
    Why not? I am carrying a Classic and a Passport on a daily basis. I don't see why I can't make it. Size is an issue, not a problem.

Posted via CB10
    07-26-15 11:40 PM

Posted via CB10
    It's definitely an everyday phone for me, and the size has never been an issue (just a plus), but... I am a bloke who usually wears jackets and/or travel shirts, so I am always wearing some clothing that has a handy Passport-sized pocket within it. A couple of female friends have commented that whilst that approach is ok for men (eg all men's jackets have Passport sized pockets) it's no good for them as their jacket pockets are usually sewn up! One of these friends has returned her iPhone 6+ for size reasons too.
    07-27-15 12:14 AM
    I use it as a second phone. At work it tends to stay on my desk. Use it to reply to emails. Send sms messages. When I am moving around I use my LG G2 because it is easier to handle. Easier to take out and handle with one hand while the other is full.

I find the Passport to be more of a two handed device.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    07-27-15 12:36 AM
    I use it for everything but Running which I do an hour a dayy. I simply download my fav podcast from my passport and swith it to my old BOLD 9900 for running!!!!

Everything else, once your over the adjustment period you won't look bk,

Posted via CB10
    07-27-15 01:03 AM
    Passport for everything, every day. For off the wall stuff, Z30 only then.
    Passport rocks the super slim BodyGlove flip cover case.
    07-27-15 02:29 AM
    Actually it's a lot smaller than many of the "big phones" from Samsung, Apple, etc. And it has heaps of functionality. So it's a lot more everyday than many of the big phones out there.

Do a simple size check; Print a photo of some of these devices at actual size. Stick them onto a piece of thick corrugated card and cut around it. Try the various big phones like this and see which are right size for you :-)
    07-27-15 03:51 AM
    It's my all day every day.....errrrr......device?....phone????.....thing
    It's my phone.
    It's my diary.
    It's my reminder.
    It's my music player.
    It's my video player.
    It's my RDP client for controlling Windows 2012R2 servers.
    It's my laptop.
    It's my camera and video recorder.
    It's my home security camera recorder.
    It's my email.
    It's my link to all my friends, in one way or another.
    It's my motorbike and car OBD diagnostics interface.
    It's my work office PM device.
    It's my SATNAG.
    It's my bank.
    It lasts all day.
    It even orders my pizza!
    07-27-15 04:00 AM
146 1234 ...