I'm really starting to be shocked at just how far BBRY has come in such a short amount of time with everyone having written them off completely. Talk this bad boy up once you get it. Just be careful showing some android apps in action, sadly this can still be an issue.
    True issues could happen. What I do find funny is that when I open/log in to my Lyric app the google services error pops up twice. Still works great though. I would imagine it is because of the geofensing but I still cannot figure out why I would need that... yet.

Same with Skybell. Get the errors but the app still stays open. Do not have the Skybell though so no user data on that.

Posted via CB10
    12-02-14 08:33 PM
    Ever since I heard of the blackberry coming to ATT I always thought they said January. Why anyone would assume any earlier I don't know but I have always heard January.

Posted via CB10
    12-02-14 08:39 PM
    Waiting this long for AT&T to get the phone....imagine the wait for the updates?!?!?!

That's why I decided to go with the Amazon purchase.
    thedose likes this.
    12-02-14 08:49 PM
    Agreed but with my outright bought passport I already have AT&T garbage on my phone. My contacts get automatically backup. I turn the feature off and it enables itself again. The AT&T start up screen is also on my phone.

2 things that are not that big of deal but bugs me that they are there. The contact sync not the screen splash.

Posted via CB10
    I'm curious that if you bought your Passport unlocked how it has AT&T bloatware and logos. If you bought it through AT&T many of us would like to know how. Did you buy it in the U.S?
    12-03-14 05:29 AM
    I'm curious that if you bought your Passport unlocked how it has AT&T bloatware and logos. If you bought it through AT&T many of us would like to know how. Did you buy it in the U.S?
    No idea. I would imagine those 5 things that I have noticed are controlled from the SIM card.

Posted via CB10
    12-03-14 01:56 PM
    Tik tok, tik tok, ... I guess that if you are waiting on AT&T, then you better sit down and wait because it may be a looooooong time before it happens (IF it happens).

Posted via CB10
    12-03-14 02:01 PM

Best decision ever. On a semi-related note, to everyone in the states. It's time to show people just how much more capable our phones are than theirs. It's not gonna happen overnight, but I find myself when talking to friends now, just randomly asking, 'hey real quick, does your phone have this option, I'm curious how BBRY's stackin up these days...'
    Why badger your "friends" (I'd hate to see how you treat enemies)? Why can't they enjoy their phones just as you enjoy yours?

BlackBerry phones load the boot-up sounds/animations and carrier apps from the SIM card. I had an unlocked Z10 in the US, used a Rogers-Canada SIM card for updates and had Rogers' carrier apps on my Z10. The same Z10 initially showed T-Mobile US' apps when I put the T-Mobile SIM card in when I first got it. It's something that I've never understood about BlackBerry devices.
    Smokeaire likes this.
    12-03-14 02:31 PM
    It is because the carriers push out their version of the OS which includes their bloatware: ie, my AT&T account app and other apps...

In this case, AT&T had prematurely pushed out OS 10.3.1.1016, which I believe includes their bloatware, and many people using AT&T SIM cards updated to that OS. I can't speak for canadian carriers, but I'm pretty sure the same holds true.

Also, i'm curious, is anyone running OS 10.3.0.908 with an AT&T SIM card?

If so, do you have the bloatware/were you required to reinstall that OS upon insertion of the SIM?
    12-03-14 02:36 PM
    I bought my phone from Amazon. Using AT&T sim and there is no bloatware at all
    12-03-14 02:56 PM
    Knowing from a Z10 and Q10 that we have. When AT&T have their OTA updates, if you are on an OS so far ahead of what AT&T has or pushing out, the bloat ware will probably not load. I am on 10.3.1.1151, in which I loaded and set up on my Passport prior to activating a sim for it.
    Absolutely no AT&T bloat ware present!
    And yes that auto contacts thing that AT&T has is a PITA!!

Secret squirrelling with my Passport. ?C0001FE5D?
    thedose likes this.
    12-03-14 03:30 PM
    It is because the carriers push out their version of the OS which includes their bloatware: ie, my AT&T account app and other apps...

In this case, AT&T had prematurely pushed out OS 10.3.1.1016, which I believe includes their bloatware, and many people using AT&T SIM cards updated to that OS. I can't speak for canadian carriers, but I'm pretty sure the same holds true.

Also, i'm curious, is anyone running OS 10.3.0.908 with an AT&T SIM card?

If so, do you have the bloatware/were you required to reinstall that OS upon insertion of the SIM?
    Mine updated right after I got my sim at ATT, no bloatware but once the update came, my lock screen notifications stopped working, in app notications still work but no lock screen. Save for the battery not being where I expected it yet (still lasts the whole day no problem), this is my only complain right now.
    12-03-14 06:01 PM
    [QUOTE=21stNow;11132935]Why badger your "friends" (I'd hate to see how you treat enemies)? Why can't they enjoy their phones just as you enjoy yours?

Less badgering my friends, more showing them that the phone isn't stuck in the prior decade. Everyone from family to friends to strangers routinely have the same reaction of, 'You still have a blackberry? Why?'

Now they're starting to see why.
    12-03-14 06:03 PM
    I'm also on AT&T sim. 10.3.0.908 and no ATT bloatware

Posted via CB10
    12-03-14 07:54 PM
    I'm also on AT&T sim. 10.3.0.908 and no ATT bloatware

Posted via CB10
    That's good to hear, my sim arrives on Friday. I too am on 10.3.0.908 and I absolutely despise bloatware! Hopefully won't be plagued by it

Posted via CB10
    12-04-14 12:06 AM
    No "bloatware" on my passport, but you always get your carrier's splash screen with any unlocked device. As someone mentioned before you get the AT&T address book that automatically gets downloaded in the initial setup, but you won't get that crappy "My AT&T" app.

Posted via CB10
    12-04-14 02:26 AM
    After rereading the thread title as I was scanning through crackberry forums, I realized that I had completely forgotten about AT&T's hand in releasing the passport. I have one on tmobile. To me it's already been released. Sorry guys.. I completely forgot xD

Posted via my Classic Passport
    12-04-14 10:09 AM
    Good to know that the splash screen and address book are normal and the only crap that AT&T puts on this phones.

Thanks

It also make me feel better that when BlackBerry releases an update I do not have to worry about waiting.

Posted via CB10
    12-04-14 12:06 PM
92 ... 234