I have only been throttled once that I can remember. They sent me a text letting me know but since that time I haven't dealt with it

Posted via CB10
    I was at 3.5gb yesterday and decided to test what would happen if I went over 5gb. I am now downloading at .39Mbs according to speedtest.org.

Is ATT really in a lawsuit about this? How are they still throttling then? I guess no injunction was made while the case is going.
    11-13-14 09:19 AM
    I was at 3.5gb yesterday and decided to test what would happen if I went over 5gb. I am now downloading at .39Mbs according to speedtest.org.

Is ATT really in a lawsuit about this? How are they still throttling then? I guess no injunction was made while the case is going.
    http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...ata-customers/
    I googled it.
    11-13-14 11:34 AM
    Disappointed that there was no announcement today about the passport being available on ATT.

Posted via CB10
    11-13-14 01:51 PM
    Have you ever head of a third party insurance. You don't have to get insurance from your carrier. You can get insurance from a third party provider. Google it.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    11-13-14 04:05 PM
    So almost up to 4 pages and the simple answer is "NO DATE" LOL
    11-13-14 04:11 PM
    So almost up to 4 pages and the simple answer is "NO DATE" LOL
    Precisely.

Posted via CB10
    11-13-14 05:22 PM
    The typo keyboard is pretty terrible. I'm BlackBerry through and through. I just can't justify paying out of the pocket for a smart phone they same price I'd pay for a new laptop. Att and BlackBerry are really dropping the ball.

Posted via CB10
    MLE724 likes this.
    11-13-14 08:36 PM
    I got a call back from BlackBerry they said the passport should be released through att before the end of the year. Rumors of hardware changes are false and that Att is just doing optimization of the software for their network aka adding bloat ware and what have you.

Posted via CB10
    11-14-14 12:29 PM
    I hope it is by Black Friday or I will be getting the Red Passport

I got a call back from BlackBerry they said the passport should be released through att before the end of the year. Rumors of hardware changes are false and that Att is just doing optimization of the software for their network aka adding bloat ware and what have you.

Posted via CB10
    11-14-14 12:50 PM
    I just got off the phone with an att rep and they said they still don't have anything in their system about the passport. Starting to get really pissed about this wait.

Z10
    11-14-14 02:38 PM
    when i went in to the corporate store to get my nano sim the sales rep was surprised about the passport. She was clueless about it and about AT&T going to carry it. I got a text message then from them asking on scale of 1 to 10 would I recommend AT&T. I texted back that until they put action to their words and show real support for Blackberry that I would never recommend AT&T to anyone
    I do this every time and use the opportunity to let them know I'm infuriated about their lack of BlackBerry support.
    11-14-14 03:58 PM
    Hey guys. Anybody have an unlimited data plan and bought a Passport? I have a Z 10 and am planning on getting a PP and obviously don't want to give up my unlimited data plan. Shouldn't be a problem I think, but was wondering if anyone else had issues buying the phone outright and then AT&T saying something petty about how unlimited data plan?

Posted via CB10
    11-17-14 10:58 PM
    Hey guys. Anybody have an unlimited data plan and bought a Passport? I have a Z 10 and am planning on getting a PP and obviously don't want to give up my unlimited data plan. Shouldn't be a problem I think, but was wondering if anyone else had issues buying the phone outright and then AT&T saying something petty about how unlimited data plan?

Posted via CB10
    Yeah, I have unlimited with AT&T, and they have been cool about me keeping the plan throughout a lot of upgrades. Just be sure to let them know you don't want your plan changed.
    11-22-14 06:16 PM
  14. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    This would be awesome news for Blackberry and blackberry fans if, as rumored, blackberry Passport becomes available in December on AT&T!

Finally a US carrier of Blackberry's new flagship phone! ... and can the Classic then be too far off also?

From my awesome Passport

Posted via CB10
    11-22-14 06:26 PM
    I just can't justify paying out of the pocket for a smart phone they same price I'd pay for a new laptop. Att and BlackBerry are really dropping the ball.

Posted via CB10
    What the carriers are doing now is not unlike what AOL did back in the day, providing huge rebates on Internet ready PCs in exchange for a 2-3 year contract. The US is heading in the direction of T-Mobile, separating the cost of the phone from the cost of the plan.

My dad was dumb struck by the cost of my Passport until I helpfully pointed out that in almost every way, my BlackBerry outspeced his 3 year old ThinkPad. Culturally, as Americans, we are conditioned to think bigger is better, but not in electronics.

Posted via CB10
    11-23-14 06:19 AM
    Still no announcements. Hella mad

Posted via CB10
    12-02-14 12:54 PM
    Not waiting on ATT anymore . Bought the Passport at Amazon.

Posted via CB10
    12-02-14 12:58 PM
    Bought mine last week and I haven't looked back. I don't know what the hold up is at AT&T, but I'm over them sitting on this great phone.

Posted via CB10
    12-02-14 01:14 PM
    Not waiting on ATT anymore . Bought the Passport at Amazon.

Posted via CB10
    Likewise. I missed out on the Amazon $200 discount offer by a week and they wouldn't refund the extra $100, but I calculated that there was virtually no difference in total cost between retail Amazon and AT&T under contract, assuming about $250 for purchase under contract, and, in fact, I saved about $30 in sales tax in my state by going through Amazon.

My guess is that the Passport sold by AT&T will be essentially the same as the Amazon version. Maybe there will be an official OS upgrade in the 10.3.1 series which will then be available to everyone.
    12-02-14 01:29 PM
    I agree 100%

Still no announcements. Hella mad

Posted via CB10
    12-02-14 01:37 PM
    Heard some time back that AT&T would offer the Passport in February or March of 2015. I remembered it because my upgrade date is in April so I'm hoping that even if it's a bit later it will still be right on time with my upgrade time, although now that I bought an unlocked Z30 I'm wondering if I will ever purchase another phone on contract simply because it's hell waiting for software updates through AT&T for BlackBerry at least.

Posted via CB10
    12-02-14 02:51 PM
    So sad if this is true

Heard some time back that AT&T would offer the Passport in February or March of 2015. I remembered it because my upgrade date is in April so I'm hoping that even if it's a bit later it will still be right on time with my upgrade time, although now that I bought an unlocked Z30 I'm wondering if I will ever purchase another phone on contract simply because it's hell waiting for software updates through AT&T for BlackBerry at least.

Posted via CB10
    12-02-14 03:10 PM
    I wish I had the money to buy outright. If I did I would. Really sick of att right now to be honest.

Z10
    Smokeaire likes this.
    12-02-14 03:14 PM
    My main concern about getting the AT&T version of the Passport is the OS modifications that AT&T will insist on making, what bloatware will be installed , what native Blackberry features will be crippled, what internal changes that might be requested. AT&T has a history of all of those with Android phones. There is even rumors of a change in the shape of Passport that AT&T wants to make. If I could afford the lump sum payment for the unlocked version on Amazon I would already have it. Unfortunately that won't happen, so I (and many others) have to wait for the AT&T version to become available. What we end up with is up for speculation.
    Agreed but with my outright bought passport I already have AT&T garbage on my phone. My contacts get automatically backup. I turn the feature off and it enables itself again. The AT&T start up screen is also on my phone.

2 things that are not that big of deal but bugs me that they are there. The contact sync not the screen splash.

As for using AT&T I dropped Verizon and haven't looked back. Just got my first bill. $104 for 3gb but that is for 6 weeks of service. Should be $60 from here on out.

My Verizon rep said that outright or subsidized price is the same per month per device. I haven't been Abe top prove him wrong yet though.

Posted via CB10
    ty88 likes this.
    12-02-14 06:49 PM
    I had about 200 bucks from amazon in rewards so once that black friday price came along, used my rewards and it's a 300 dollar unlocked phone. Do have to add another hundred for breaking my verizon contract but oh well.

Best decision ever. On a semi-related note, to everyone in the states. It's time to show people just how much more capable our phones are than theirs. It's not gonna happen overnight, but I find myself when talking to friends now, just randomly asking, 'hey real quick, does your phone have this option, I'm curious how BBRY's stackin up these days...'

I'm really starting to be shocked at just how far BBRY has come in such a short amount of time with everyone having written them off completely. Talk this bad boy up once you get it. Just be careful showing some android apps in action, sadly this can still be an issue.
    12-02-14 07:08 PM
92 1234