12-04-14 12:06 PM
92 123 ...
tools
    i have been very patient but I am beginning to think the Passport is not going to be released by ATT. Both companies have been silent about the whole thing? has anyone heard anything? I am hoping its released this month/
    11-07-14 03:07 PM
    It's coming soon.....

They have managed to restock Amazon and shopblackberry and there has not been any huge rush to buy up the devices. So getting enough stock for AT&T should not be a problem in the coming weeks.
    11-07-14 03:14 PM
    yeah thats what i keep hearing. "it's coming soon" but how soon? Like as in a date? blackberry should do more to make sure their partners in the US have some urgency when it comes to the release.
    madman0141 likes this.
    11-07-14 03:16 PM
    It's been officially announced by BB that the Passport was exclusive to ATT and that's never been rolled back so it seems certain that ATT will offer. The question, as you know, is when? I gave up waiting on ATT and bought the PP through Amazon. ATT gave me a nano-SIM for free and the phone works great. I also had a long talk with them about my plan and ended up saving a bunch of $ by making some changes. The $600 cash for the PP from Amazon is probably less costly than paying the $199 or whatever ATT will charge, plus $40 activation, plus whatever monthly amount they charge for subsidizing the phone ($25/mo per my new plan) in a 2-yr contract. So if you can make the $600 outright purchase I'd recommend going that way. Cheers.
    11-07-14 03:17 PM
    the only problem with that is dealing with warranty and insurance. I had 2 z10s replaced the same day via ATT no questions asked. I would hate to purchase an unlocked Passport and have a problem and need to send it back to BlackBerry. If i purchase from ATT i can just bring it to a warranty center and get it replaced.
    11-07-14 03:20 PM
    Good point but I think Amazon is pretty good about returns too. Good luck with whatever you do!
    11-07-14 03:22 PM
    That reason is justifiable and all but just understand that you're taking the minority chance that something is wrong with the device.... sending it back shouldn't be too much of an issue anymore because stock levels are up... I wouldn't wait for att
    11-07-14 03:25 PM
    BlackBerry has Investor Conference on 11-13-2014. Hopefully, they announce AT&T is selling Passport on that day.
    geekaren likes this.
    11-07-14 03:26 PM
    I heard Q1 from my friend at BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    11-07-14 03:54 PM
    i read somewhere possibly nb44, that att wont release them until 2015. still holding out for the white passport. its killing me!
    11-07-14 04:03 PM
    the only problem with that is dealing with warranty and insurance. I had 2 z10s replaced the same day via ATT no questions asked. I would hate to purchase an unlocked Passport and have a problem and need to send it back to BlackBerry. If i purchase from ATT i can just bring it to a warranty center and get it replaced.
    There has to be a reason behind it. If you really want one buy it outright. It's cheaper in the long run. You save like $200

Posted via CB10
    11-07-14 04:26 PM
    There has to be a reason behind it. If you really want one buy it outright. It's cheaper in the long run. You save like $200. As for the warranty, that's something of a tradeoff. Carriers are putting a stop to the replacing devices in store.
    Posted via CB10

Posted via CB10
    11-07-14 04:27 PM
    I have a warranty center in my town. It's a special store that's just for warranty issues and they replace same day. I just don't understand the silence from BlackBerry. I would think they would want their phone in the biggest market.

Posted via CB10
    11-07-14 05:11 PM
    soon

adverb
    1. in or after a short time.
    "everyone will soon know the truth"
    synonyms: shortly, presently, in the near future, before long, in a little while, in a minute, in a moment, in an instant, in a bit, in the twinkling of an eye, in no time, before you know it, any minute (now), any day (now), by and by; informal pronto, in a jiffy; dated directly, anon

AT&T obviously has a different definition of the word.
    My company pays my monthly plan. I just have to buy the phone. As much as I love BlackBerry devices, just not ready to spend $600 and any brand phone. And I have had the same problem with my Z10. Got it from BlackBerry, earphone jack not working, BB says take it to AT&T, AT&T says you didn't get it from us....you'll have to send it to BB. Plenty of blame to go around on this fiasco.

smh...
    11-07-14 05:39 PM
    Yeah my poor Z10 is starting to go downhill so I hope they announce stuff soon. If not I might jump ship to Verizon. I love blackberry but I've been restless over this unknown release date for a long time now.

Posted via CB10
    11-07-14 05:49 PM
    When I got my sim cut down to nano size at a local AT&T store the salesperson said AT&T may never sell them. I interpret that as stock & display them in stores. Maybe sell to institutions direct.

Posted via CB10
    11-07-14 06:56 PM
    Yeah when I talked to the guys at the corporate store they told me they weren't going to get them. But what do they know? Probably less than us.

Posted via CB10
    11-07-14 07:09 PM
    Yes. Knowing ATT probably 2016 when its to late
    11-07-14 07:10 PM
    when i went in to the corporate store to get my nano sim the sales rep was surprised about the passport. She was clueless about it and about AT&T going to carry it. I got a text message then from them asking on scale of 1 to 10 would I recommend AT&T. I texted back that until they put action to their words and show real support for Blackberry that I would never recommend AT&T to anyone
    11-07-14 07:43 PM
    This waiting is the exact reason the I ordered my PP from BB today. Now just waiting to receive it and take it to AT&T and activate it.
    11-07-14 08:17 PM
    When I got my sim cut down to nano size at a local AT&T store the salesperson said AT&T may never sell them. I interpret that as stock & display them in stores. Maybe sell to institutions direct.

Posted via CB10
    Your att salesman doesn't know jack. They usually don't up until a week or two before the device is going to be in stores. I was a carrier salesman. We usually know as soon as you do. Don't believe that guy. Of course he's going to say that to get you on another device. That way he makes more money. Basically, don't trust them.

Posted via CB10
    11-07-14 08:32 PM
    If you want it on at&t buy out of contract, otherwise wait for official release. I'm running at&t as of today and loving it. Worth the extra dough to me.

Posted via CB10
    11-07-14 08:46 PM
    If you want it on at&t buy out of contract, otherwise wait for official release. I'm running at&t as of today and loving it. Worth the extra dough to me.

Posted via CB10
    It doesn't cost extra to buy a passport outright. If you buy it at a subsidized price of 199 or 249, it ends up being more expensive in the long run with the monthly payments

Posted via unlocked PASSPORT
    11-07-14 08:51 PM
    It's easier on the pocket book to take the subsidy. But I take it no one has heard anything. I wish BlackBerry would inform us since att seems unwilling to.

Posted via CB10
    11-08-14 03:43 PM
    Coraya: (you may already know this but...)

If you buy it on a 2 year contract you don't make any payments on it. You just pay your account usage ie: $50 per month for your service (unlimited text & talk and 1gb data) plus the $199 or $249 or whatever cost it is after the subsidy. Yes, it may not be $50 a month for the service I said above, but I was just using that as an example of the fees incurred. It still would not come out to be $699, and even if you did buy it outright, you would still be making the same $50/mo payments to have service...

Therefore, it is easier on the pocketbook when buying the phone subsidized (for those of us who don't mind being on a 2 year contract).

I do understand that lots of you on here don't seem to like to be tied down to contracts though, and I respect that... But for me, it doesn't matter because I don't change phones every year anyway. Especially when a device as good as the PP is out there...
    11-08-14 05:12 PM
92 123 ...