12-30-17 11:18 AM
66 123
tools
  1. andy957's Avatar
    And, for those who consider the KeyOne price ridiculous - have you tried to purchase an APPLE product lately? My son is an Apple fan, swears by his MacBook - which cost more that DOUBLE what my Dell laptop did, with less storage and RAM.
    Exactly. What do people expect to pay for a smartphone? $399 off contract? Tell that to Samsung or Apple.
    Qorax likes this.
    12-24-17 01:56 PM
  2. AmritD's Avatar
    Exactly. What do people expect to pay for a smartphone? $399 off contract? Tell that to Samsung or Apple.
    There are somethings to note here
    All the Samsung and Apple flagships have much superior Hardware (Camera, Processor, Water Resistance. Almost everywhere)
    Have better brand value.
    Better after sales support.
    And at times has a much better software experience as well.
    Sorry but my KEYᴼᴺᴱ stutters. Isn't a smooth experience that many claim they have. And I don't play any games. Just use the basic BlackBerry Apps on a daily basis. Mostly the HUB. The HUB performance wise is still not as smooth as it was on BB10. Atleast that's what my experience has been. I am not expecting it to be feature wise on par with BB10 because of how Android works so no complaints there. But using the HUB in all its glory makes the phone stutter. Not what I see on other Android at times yet, but it stutters.
    BlackBerry and BlackBerryMobile still need to Polish their HW and SW integration much more. And they need to hurry up with it.

    ClassicSQC100-1/10.3.3.2163
    12-24-17 10:58 PM
  3. ezubeBB2013's Avatar
    Unfortunately there are just two OSs in the world today. Which are fluidly running, maintained, updated and used by 99% of the populace. Android and iOS. Unfortunate - but that's the fact.

    The double whammy here is that the world has moved on to Slabs. 99% folks out there use and prefer slab-phones. As such, unless some serious marketing effort is undertaken - and the devices come out flawless - there's absolutely no chance for any other form factor in the foreseeable future. We the 1% will for-eva(!) remain unique and marginalized. Unfortunate - but that's a fact as well.
    Yes, that's the way it is. I should probably buy a backup Passport!

    Posted via CB10
    Qorax likes this.
    12-25-17 03:04 AM
  4. okanagan's Avatar
    I love my passport, but now after wiping anh have new id, can no longer buy the app that I need of bbworld, which is so sucks, no matter how many time I tried to add a payment option.

    Posted via CB10
    12-25-17 08:43 AM
  5. Zeratul57's Avatar
    Craplle and google is the Davil ! LMAO.

    Sent from one of my SE Passports using BB10 superior software.
    12-25-17 10:00 AM
  6. Tim-ANC's Avatar
    Thanks Tim. This is exactly what I was hoping to hear. I'll wait til the black edition gets within my comfort price zone then splash out.

    Posted via CB10
    When you do, read this forum:

    https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb...-bb10-1114001/

    Need an app for everything on android
    12-25-17 10:23 AM
  7. ikeike859's Avatar
    Once WebEx became unsupported, I had to retire my passport as a daily driver. But Wow....I was find myself using it on WiFi for reading emails. Web browsing is still good. The quad core processor is still solid going into 2018. My favorite phone was the Z30. But this is phone that I still use because of the processor power.

    Posted via CB10
    Tim-ANC and Qorax like this.
    12-29-17 09:26 AM
  8. wingnut666's Avatar
    love my Passport...its a beast. 3 years running. screen protectors are a scam..how has everyone not picked up on that?

    Posted via CBX
    Qorax likes this.
    12-29-17 10:24 AM
  9. John Vieira's Avatar
    love my Passport...its a beast. 3 years running. screen protectors are a scam..how has everyone not picked up on that?

    Posted via CBX
    Screen protectors are only a scam if you don't care about scratches.

    Screens these days (and including the PP screen) are pretty scratch resistant. That's true.

    But they call still get micro abrasions, and sometimes big ones.

    I use a screen protector, not because I think it's so much better than the original screen, but because even the tiniest of scratches drives me mental, and has me wanting to replace the screen.

    So they're good, and they serve a purpose.

    Also, I liked the passport a lot. I wish they had done more with the 3 row keyboard.
    Qorax likes this.
    12-29-17 10:28 AM
  10. wingnut666's Avatar
    the passport screen does not scratch.
    screen protectors degrade your display image

    Posted via CBX
    12-29-17 11:35 AM
  11. Chuck Finley69's Avatar
    the passport screen does not scratch.
    screen protectors degrade your display image

    Posted via CBX
    But they can help keep your screen in place when you experience the known screen lift problem... LOL
    12-29-17 11:53 AM
  12. John Vieira's Avatar
    the passport screen does not scratch.
    screen protectors degrade your display image

    Posted via CBX
    Is that a challenge? Because I'm pretty sure I can scratch that screen ferily easily in fact.

    And bad screen protectors might do that, but there are very high quality ones that are absolutely clear.
    Qorax likes this.
    12-30-17 04:13 AM
  13. Qorax's Avatar
    Is that a challenge? Because I'm pretty sure I can scratch that screen ferily easily in fact.

    And bad screen protectors might do that, but there are very high quality ones that are absolutely clear.
    True that. I have matte laminates on mines, they do not interfere with the user experience at all.
    12-30-17 04:44 AM
  14. Tim-ANC's Avatar
    But they can help keep your screen in place when you experience the known screen lift problem... LOL
    Whoa there! Policy on this board is to keep your head firmly in the sand concerning screen separation or vehemently deny. Mods, please delete and put Chuck in time out.
    12-30-17 10:15 AM
  15. krazyatom's Avatar
    But they can help keep your screen in place when you experience the known screen lift problem... LOL
    I had over 10 passports and none of them had screen lift and my 2 of 4 keyones had screen lift. I would say passport is better built.
    Qorax likes this.
    12-30-17 10:45 AM
  16. Chuck Finley69's Avatar
    I had over 10 passports and none of them had screen lift and my 2 of 4 keyones had screen lift. I would say passport is better built.
    Unfortunately for me. With the Passport, I was one for one with screen lift. The KEYone hopefully will be OK. If not, back to AT&T it will go.

    That and BB10 is a non-starter for me. I've been through PRIV and DTEK. BBAndroid has gotten better with each device.
    Last edited by Chuck Finley69; 12-30-17 at 11:29 AM.
    12-30-17 11:18 AM
66 123

Similar Threads

  1. KEYone Limited Edition Black for India features
    By anikelaiya in forum BlackBerry KEYone
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 01-10-18, 08:01 AM
  2. Question for Priv owners who upgraded to KEYone
    By bitek in forum BlackBerry KEYone
    Replies: 60
    Last Post: 09-23-17, 09:14 PM
  3. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-11-17, 04:08 AM
  4. Blackberry Passport device password
    By CrackBerry Question in forum Ask a Question
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-09-17, 11:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD