Passport For-eva!!! Absolutely

Heck, I am so used to my Passport now that if it someday dies on me - and there was no similar device out there to replace it - I'll go out and manufacture one myself.

The BB-Passport just rocksssssssss*!!!

*Went to Service Ontario today to renew my license plates. The moment I took out my Passport from the jeans back pocket - to register the current kilometers - it immediately became the talk of the shop. Nearly everyone jumped desks to take a look at it, admire it. Not one adverse comment was uttered. There was a genuine shock & awe in the air. And mind you - this device is out for around 3-yrs. now! Definitely there was a marketing miss somewhere by BlackBerry. Sigh!
    TOTALLY AGREE! The best mobile phone I've ever owned. I LOVE the 3 row keyboard and form factor. When it stops working not sure what to buy. Certainly not Android and owned an iPhone pre 2013 and not going back to that. Window phones are no longer produced. What are the other OS alternatives?

Posted via BlackBerry Passport
    Qorax and rayporsche like this.
    12-09-17 06:12 AM
    TOTALLY AGREE! The best mobile phone I've ever owned. I LOVE the 3 row keyboard and form factor. When it stops working not sure what to buy. Certainly not Android and owned an iPhone pre 2013 and not going back to that. Window phones are no longer produced. What are the other OS alternatives?

Posted via BlackBerry Passport
    Unfortunately there are just two OSs in the world today. Which are fluidly running, maintained, updated and used by 99% of the populace. Android and iOS. Unfortunate - but that's the fact.

The double whammy here is that the world has moved on to Slabs. 99% folks out there use and prefer slab-phones. As such, unless some serious marketing effort is undertaken - and the devices come out flawless - there's absolutely no chance for any other form factor in the foreseeable future. We the 1% will for-eva(!) remain unique and marginalized. Unfortunate - but that's a fact as well.
    rayporsche and neoberry99 like this.
    12-09-17 06:33 AM
    My passport is dangerous. I just put on a new screen protector and have decided to go naked with no case, and man feels so slim and nice with that rubbery tactile backface. Still my daily driver over my iphone 7. To be honest.. design wise.... there is no comparison. Illuminated keyboard is so sexy and a show stopper.

Passport for life folks!

Posted via CB10
    falbo, rayporsche, Qorax and 1 others like this.
    12-09-17 10:29 AM
    Passport screen hardly needs the extra protection. I've got 3 passports without using any shells or cases, and none had a scratch on screen.

Posted via CB10
    Qorax likes this.
    12-13-17 03:37 AM
    Passport screen hardly needs the extra protection. I've got 3 passports without using any shells or cases, and none had a scratch on screen.

Posted via CB10
    Nonetheless it is wise to have a screen protector on.
    12-13-17 04:09 AM
    Nonetheless it is wise to have a screen protector on.
    No, it is wise to think about future income than a petty screen protector.

Posted via BlackBerry Passport Silver Edition
    Zeratul57 likes this.
    12-13-17 08:00 AM
    BB Passport is a far better design then the Keyone IMO.
    ratfinkstooley likes this.
    12-13-17 08:09 AM
    The Passport SE is the best smartphone for me!
    BB10 Os rocks!!!!.
    3 spare Passport SEs are waiting for me.

Posted via CB10
    iMasterus7 and ratfinkstooley like this.
    12-13-17 09:21 AM
    Happy with the Passport - I personally* find the KeyOne ridiculously priced anyway!

* that's an opinion, nothing to discuss about!
    The KEYᴼᴺᴱ launched at price lower than what the Passport launched at actually

ClassicSQC100-1/10.3.3.2163
    12-13-17 09:42 AM
    The KEYᴼᴺᴱ launched at price lower than what the Passport launched at actually

BlackBerry Passport was the unique smartphone at the time, and powered by anti-Android BlackBerry 10 OS.

12-13-17 10:07 AM
    Illuminated keyboard is so sexy and a show stopper.

Passport for life folks!

Posted via CB10
    This! Right to the point!

12-13-17 10:08 AM
    BlackBerry Passport was the unique smartphone at the time, and powered by anti-Android BlackBerry 10 OS.

The KEYᴼᴺᴱ is also a very unique smartphone.
    No phone that I know has launched in recent time with a keyboard and that too touch enabled.
    No phone has a 3:2 aspect ratio as of what I know.
    BlackBerry 10 was never anti android.
    It had an Android runtime right baked into it. And more than half the apps on BlackBerry World are Android Ports.

12-13-17 10:12 AM
    Still using my passport as a daily driver.

Posted via CB10
    Qorax and ratfinkstooley like this.
    12-13-17 10:21 AM
    The KEYᴼᴺᴱ is also a very unique smartphone.
    No phone that I know has launched in recent time with a keyboard and that too touch enabled.
    No phone has a 3:2 aspect ratio as of what I know.
    BlackBerry 10 was never anti android.
    It had an Android runtime right baked into it. And more than half the apps on BlackBerry World are Android Ports.

Keyone is based on BlackBerry Passport design and runs Android: nothing that makes it unique as BlackBerry Passport. And yes, for me BlackBerry 10 is anti-Android - it is just matter of perspective and choice. I, personally, don't use Android apps. And BlackBerry 10 is not about apps only.

12-13-17 10:22 AM
    Still using my passport as a daily driver.

Posted via CB10
    Me too!
    krazyatom likes this.
    12-13-17 01:01 PM
    -the dreaded double post-
    12-13-17 01:01 PM
    Yes. Passport is still the best and my daily driver.
    I enjoy the look of all my engineer friends who watch how I pull all my documents, student thesws and papers from my file manager, anytime anywhere..
    My battery still outlasts that of iphones.

Posted via CB10
    ratfinkstooley likes this.
    12-13-17 08:48 PM
    My battery still outlasts that of iphones.
    May I ask you?

1. Are you comparing the battery life against the latest Plus iPhones?
    2. How old is your Passport?

Posted via CB10
    12-14-17 02:45 AM
    How can you compare a three years passport with a new iPhone? :-)

My 2014 passport beats a 2017 iPhone anyway ... and of course an "oldie iPhone"

Posted via CB10
    12-14-17 03:21 AM
    May I ask you?

1. Are you comparing the battery life against the latest Plus iPhones?
    2. How old is your Passport?

Posted via CB10
    No. It wasn't the latest IPhone Plus.
    My latest Passport SE is from March 2016, but I am sure was manufactured in early 2015.

Posted via CB10
    12-14-17 07:22 AM
    Still like my passport two years with it. I am finding that some things won't run any longer, or new app versions have issues, so I stopped updating some of the apps. I'll stay with it as long as I can.

Posted via CB10
    12-14-17 11:55 PM
    Still like my passport two years with it. I am finding that some things won't run any longer, or new app versions have issues, so I stopped updating some of the apps. I'll stay with it as long as I can.

Posted via CB10
    Yep, me too. Interestingly here in the UK the eBay market in PPs is as buoyant as ever post Keyone with prices for nice looking black units ranging in the early £100s. The whites, reds and silvers tend to be around or above the £200 mark.

I will eventually defect to the Keyone but I'm dreading the daily heartsink of the ticky tacky build and feel.

Posted via CB10
    12-17-17 03:04 AM
    How stunning is passport when during a call I can make a note!!!.
    Passport is so useful for my job

Posted via CB10
    arfeo, Qorax and ratfinkstooley like this.
    12-17-17 07:14 AM
    Yep, me too. Interestingly here in the UK the eBay market in PPs is as buoyant as ever post Keyone with prices for nice looking black units ranging in the early £100s. The whites, reds and silvers tend to be around or above the £200 mark.

I will eventually defect to the Keyone but I'm dreading the daily heartsink of the ticky tacky build and feel.

Posted via CB10
    I defected a couple months ago. The PP is definitely superior hardware compared to the K1. However many things work just as well and imo the gooberry hub is better than BB10. The K1 serves my heavy use needs. I don't hate it, and I fully expected to when I got it. Hoping BBMo will offer a high end PKB device in the future. K1 is a good transition for the interim.
    Jon Wiggy likes this.
    12-24-17 12:03 PM
    I defected a couple months ago. The PP is definitely superior hardware compared to the K1. However many things work just as well and imo the gooberry hub is better than BB10. The K1 serves my heavy use needs. I don't hate it, and I fully expected to when I got it. Hoping BBMo will offer a high end PKB device in the future. K1 is a good transition for the interim.
    Thanks Tim. This is exactly what I was hoping to hear. I'll wait til the black edition gets within my comfort price zone then splash out.

Posted via CB10
    Tim-ANC likes this.
    12-24-17 01:53 PM
66 123