Everytime/day I read about the screen lift on the keyone, the cook an egg temp of the priv, the abandonment of the DTEKS, I am quite happy to stay here in Passportland.
    How about you?

Posted via CB10
    08-10-17 06:53 AM
    Moved to Keyone the reinforced version. No lift screen anymore...time to move on, mate. Even BlackBerry has moved on from BB10. Cheers!
    Dunt Dunt Dunt and tfitzpat03 like this.
    08-10-17 06:55 AM
    Happy with the Passport - I personally* find the KeyOne ridiculously priced anyway!

* that's an opinion, nothing to discuss about!
    Qorax and jope28 like this.
    08-10-17 07:10 AM
    Happy with the Passport - I personally* find the KeyOne ridiculously priced anyway!

They're in this to make a profit. They'll never be able to source ANY PKB device cheap. They can't build enough to sell with the economies of scale. There just isn't enough demand. They're stuck in a vicious pricing cycle with PKB devices. If they started with low price as objective, you'd never see a PKB.
    elfabio80 and eshropshire like this.
    08-10-17 07:34 AM

lol just imagine if I hadn't made it so explicit that's not material for debate lol
    Qorax and Parker_Lewis like this.
    08-10-17 07:52 AM
    LOL Imagine if you didn't post things on DISCUSSION boards LMAO. I actually agree with you on price, though. I just wouldn't produce a PKB device. That BBMo is doing it like this with small batch manufacturing, is different and very interesting. Wonder if profitable or just part of defraying infrastructure setup costs?
    eshropshire and Parker_Lewis like this.
    08-10-17 08:12 AM
    Well, I had a Classic and really enjoyed it, but I could not get critical apps to work on it.

So, what's a poor boy to do.

Off to PRIV-land. I did experience a bit of heating initially, but some configuration and adaptation (using the Facebook mobile web site, for instance) and I am away to the races with a very usable and generally cool running phone.

Would I have kept the Classic if I could have gotten the apps? Probably.
    Then again, I'm a fan of the slider form factor.

And, for those who consider the KeyOne price ridiculous - have you tried to purchase an APPLE product lately? My son is an Apple fan, swears by his MacBook - which cost more that DOUBLE what my Dell laptop did, with less storage and RAM.
    andy957 and Parker_Lewis like this.
    08-10-17 09:43 AM
    Everytime/day I read about the screen lift on the keyone, the cook an egg temp of the priv, the abandonment of the DTEKS, I am quite happy to stay here in Passportland.
    How about you?

Posted via CB10
    Lol if I remember correctly, it was the Passport that started the screen lift trend.
    08-10-17 10:02 AM
    Keyone isn't bad but passport is much better for me. Even with limited app, I use passport more often. keyone is up for sale in market place right now. I keep trying new blackberry but it's not good as bb10. Keyone will be my last blackberry device.
    Qorax likes this.
    08-10-17 10:19 AM
    Passport is the best phone I've ever owned but I know it's becoming obsolete. I got screen lift and a tweaked frame on my AT&T model. Thinking about overhauling to last another year but new parts are hard to find. I will probably get a K1 soon but want to wait in case the LE model hits the states with dual sim.

My first pickup was a 83 Ford F250. 351 with carb and points. Loved that rig and hated parting with it. Did have to wrench on it a lot though.
    BigAl_BB9900 likes this.
    08-10-17 10:28 AM
    Lol if I remember correctly, it was the Passport that started the screen lift trend.
    True but it is a gradual adhesive break down due to age, heat, and proximity to the the function buttons. The Passport screens don't just fall TF off.
    08-10-17 10:33 AM
    True but it is a gradual adhesive break down due to age, heat, and proximity to the the function buttons. The Passport screens don't just fall TF off.
    True, but this had reportedly been resolved. TCL addressed the issue with the newer batches.
    08-10-17 11:05 AM
    How about you?

Posted via CB10
    The Passport did have screen lift, at least some people did. Some times mine goes stupid hot when it's under load like after turning on the device, during charging and running Android apps that are intensive. Also it has been abandoned so really it's not that different from your dtek statements. Saying that, despite a crappy browser and slow android apps and some bugs it is still a fine and usable device.

Posted via CB10
    BigAl_BB9900 likes this.
    08-11-17 12:58 AM
  14. tegar ramadhanu kariadinata's Avatar
    i love blackberry passport
    but if will be not support by whatsapp (just it), i will move to iphone
    but still waitting for iphone 8 or Iphone X
    why i dont like keyone?
    yeah... it used android! i Hate android os
    i knew that my passport used android app,but i can erase the thrns,
    so i want to choice : no thrns and support app

Posted via CB10
    Qorax likes this.
    08-11-17 06:24 AM
    Yes some passports had screen lift and some even had heat, but to me for screen size and keyboard, it just can't be beat. :-)

I use mainly texting and email and calls. Eventually I'm sure that the unit will either quit on some protocol that won't allow it to receive these items or a massive slow down.

But with all the trials and tribulations, I personally think it's best to wait a bit longer until the hardware issues are resolved.

Yes I know BB10 is done, it's now relegated to the BetaMax argument. But I consider the PP OG I have the devil I know.

Posted via CB10
    08-11-17 06:36 AM
    What an awesome and capable phone Pretty much your "Passport" as it were great for a password manager. The Assistant is great, showcases anything saved in the phone. A saved web page for example, type in a few key letters and anything with a similar tag be it pictures, text, video or voice all ready and offline, but with reader mode. Hardware and feel is undeniable. Seeing as my Bold 9900 is still very functional I would hope for something similar from the last and best OS 10 device blackberry will make, though I think it deserves a Z30 for company no? The literature on what you can truly do with them is not easy to come by. The USB port can "with the right cable" access and work with the SD Cards on other devices. Smart tags is very terminal like I'm still figuring that one out although you can no doubt code with. Network options are easy and thorough, can enable developer on a jailed Android and use those options also. Get another Launcher and open another android. Altogether 4 cores and 3 gigs of ram with a hardware keyboard, 32 gb expandable up to 128gb I think, should get at least an 8gb SD card, WiFi AC, IPV6, Cisco AnyConnect VPN works great, can open 3 Indexes with (Browser,Private Browser and Password Keeper). May require homework and learning, but It is still different and difficult to put down. The browser is the best... just know what settings you need it runs into some verif issues some old certificates might cause something undesired, or a missing one It is weird that it registers as either Mozilla or Safari but I do believe they played a part in it. The reader mode is really one of the highlights. Ideally you reboot these things from a backup now and then.
    ratfinkstooley and Qorax like this.
    08-11-17 12:45 PM
    I live in Passport Land! On the corner of Black OG and Silver SE. I like it here. I will be staying as long as I can.

Posted with my beautiful BlackBerry Passport
    08-11-17 12:54 PM
    Yea maybe, hard to appreciate when its falling apart but there materials have always been pretty high quality. With a hardware setup that.. works for me. My friend smashed his new one to little pieces within a day of getting it and got something else. I don't know what to think about that one but its a perspective. Make an argument try a few dealers trade in some old phones.
    Qorax likes this.
    08-11-17 01:13 PM
    Other than your screen problem how is it falling behind. Straight pipe illegal where you live?
    Zeratul57 likes this.
    08-11-17 01:35 PM
    I bought 3 more PP SEs as spares! I loooove BB10 Os!

Posted via CB10
    Qorax and rayporsche like this.
    08-14-17 10:26 AM
    I use my Passport as my daily driver, but I think it's time to upgrade to the Priv. More affordable these days and it has NFC/android for Yubikey support.....I'll never trust Google but I think I trust passwords less.
    Qorax likes this.
    12-08-17 12:45 AM
    I migrated to the keyone about two months ago...my passport is far superior in hardware, speakers, antennae screen etc. and I keep it close by...sometimes switching back and forth.
    12-08-17 07:28 AM
    I've had my Passport for the longest out of all my other BlackBerry devices. By far the best. Will keep using for now!

Posted via CB10
    Qorax likes this.
    12-08-17 08:08 AM
    My first pickup was a 83 Ford F250. 351 with carb and points. Loved that rig and hated parting with it. Did have to wrench on it a lot though.
    Well, here's the thing for me.
    I had cars from 73 through to the present. Started with my wife's 73 Nova (straight 6, powerglide, manual brakes, manual steering - as simple as you could get).
    Had to wrench on the older cars, but do I miss the carburetor days? NO.
    Why? It gets cold here in Manitoba (that's in Canada, north of North Dakota, for the 'Mericans). With my carburerated cars you always had to memorize that at temperature x you pumped the gas once. At x-10 degrees, pump twice. At x-20, pump 3 times, then start.

I can't work on the new fuel injected cars much, but I hop into my truck now and hit the key. Doesn't matter if it's +35 or -35 (Celcius) , it starts every time.

Progress. I like it.
    12-08-17 11:16 AM
    Passport For-eva!!! Absolutely

Heck, I am so used to my Passport now that if it someday dies on me - and there was no similar device out there to replace it - I'll go out and manufacture one myself.

The BB-Passport just rocksssssssss*!!!

*Went to Service Ontario today to renew my license plates. The moment I took out my Passport from the jeans back pocket - to register the current kilometers - it immediately became the talk of the shop. Nearly everyone jumped desks to take a look at it, admire it. Not one adverse comment was uttered. There was a genuine shock & awe in the air. And mind you - this device is out for around 3-yrs. now! Definitely there was a marketing miss somewhere by BlackBerry. Sigh!
    12-08-17 11:25 AM
66 123