I have noted, with interest, a few similar posts over the past months regarding Passports suddenly not being able to connect to the network for no apparent reason.
    Well, I say "with interest" until it happened to me last week on return from holiday.

If I am within 100 yards of a mast, all is fine and dandy. Any further than that and off it goes again and I have a choice of 3 or EE for Emergency call.

And so, in order of preference... I have:

Rebooted
    Restored to Factory settings
    Swapped SIMS (same problem)
    Tested with Vodafone for network issues (no problems)
    Bought a spare phone to test the SIM (all ok with the SIM)
    Sent the phone off to have the SIM Card reader`replaced (80 wasted there, no change)
    And also noted that each time this thread is raised or created, there is no ultimate answer to the problem other than each person seems to go off and buy a PRIV.

Can anyone tell me as to whether Blackberry has any answers to this issue? I have had mobile phones for 30 years now and not one has suddenly "let go" of the network like this.

I have, of course, ordered my PRIV aswell, but I am not happy to let this matter drop... which, like my phone, I havent and wont.
    05-08-16 02:53 PM
    I have noted, with interest, a few similar posts over the past months regarding Passports suddenly not being able to connect to the network for no apparent reason.
    Well, I say "with interest" until it happened to me last week on return from holiday.

If I am within 100 yards of a mast, all is fine and dandy. Any further than that and off it goes again and I have a choice of 3 or EE for Emergency call.

And so, in order of preference... I have:

Rebooted
    Restored to Factory settings
    Swapped SIMS (same problem)
    Tested with Vodafone for network issues (no problems)
    Bought a spare phone to test the SIM (all ok with the SIM)
    Sent the phone off to have the SIM Card reader`replaced (80 wasted there, no change)
    And also noted that each time this thread is raised or created, there is no ultimate answer to the problem other than each person seems to go off and buy a PRIV.

Can anyone tell me as to whether Blackberry has any answers to this issue? I have had mobile phones for 30 years now and not one has suddenly "let go" of the network like this.

I have, of course, ordered my PRIV aswell, but I am not happy to let this matter drop... which, like my phone, I havent and wont.
    Is the problem related to that specific cell tower?

To test this hypothesis go to another cell tower.
    05-08-16 04:34 PM
    Were you able to get this resolved?
    07-21-16 09:54 PM
    For anyone still having issues please see this post on the Blackberry Community forums.
    https://supportforums.blackberry.com...s/td-p/3182922

We are trying to gather as many people together that are having this issue as possible. This is an issue that Blackberry has caused with their software.

If your phone does the same thing that mine does in the video below then you have the same issue...and Blackberry should fix it but they are stating that they do not have a resolution for it. http://support.blackberry.com/kb/art...mber=000037544

Link to YouTube video showing how the call fails:

08-11-16 02:20 PM