I don't think this has been brought up enough: the Passport is set to be the best E-reader that is also a cell phone.

Of course, tablets may be more useful in this regard. But as a cell phone, having such a wide screen means that reading books, screenplays, and PDFs on the go will be that much more usable.

Now I'm not the kind of guy who would own a tablet, let alone drag one all over town. So this realization kind of cements the phone's usefulness for me. In a professional capacity, reading screenplays and pdfs at (what I hope will be) full width will make this so much more useful than any other phone I can think of. 16x9 in landscape just isn't tall enough, and not wide enough in portrait.

I'm excited, now.

Posted via CB10
    07-28-14 04:08 PM
    The BlackBerry Passport as eReader, no doubt it is the main reason of its 1:1 ratio screen design...

Posted via CB10
    07-28-14 11:34 PM
    I would love to see a screenshot of Passport showing PDF reading like a mathematics textbook. See how well the screen displays the text and mathematical equations.
    BoldMaverick likes this.
    07-29-14 01:30 PM
    No doubt it would be better than other phones as a temporary reader on the go, I do some proper reading, so hauling a tablet about and owning a couple is quite necessary!
    07-29-14 01:38 PM
    I don't think this has been brought up enough: the Passport is set to be the best E-reader that is also a cell phone.

Of course, tablets may be more useful in this regard. But as a cell phone, having such a wide screen means that reading books, screenplays, and PDFs on the go will be that much more usable.

Now I'm not the kind of guy who would own a tablet, let alone drag one all over town. So this realization kind of cements the phone's usefulness for me. In a professional capacity, reading screenplays and pdfs at (what I hope will be) full width will make this so much more useful than any other phone I can think of. 16x9 in landscape just isn't tall enough, and not wide enough in portrait.

I'm excited, now.

Posted via CB10
    I honestly can't see reading scripts all the time on this. Sides or calls sheets are one thing but full on scripts, making notes in the margins and then sharing them... no. Honestly a vast majority us use tablets on set to review scenes from dailies, previz, etc.

If I am sending a script to a reader who then does coverage, I can see them using it here and there but as full on reader all the time, I have to say that's a little wishful thinking.
    07-29-14 04:28 PM