I've never had the double typing issue.
    Happy for you budddy, hope you never do.

BlackBizzle my nizzle
    06-13-15 02:26 PM
    So before I box this AT&T Passport up and send it back to the seller for a refund, I wanted to capture the progression of the double typing. Finally I was able to get a video during a crazy bout of double and triple typing. There's no way anyone could say they'd enjoy using a Passport behaving like this. It completely ruins the experience.

Looking forward to my new Passport on Saturday, hopefully double type free!

06-19-15 02:28 AM
    Did you ebay seller decided to give you money back? If I happen to buy one from ebay, I will definitely get a square trade warranty coverage. Thanks for the ahead up.
    06-19-15 02:49 AM
    Did you ebay seller decided to give you money back? If I happen to buy one from ebay, I will definitely get a square trade warranty coverage. Thanks for the ahead up.
    No, I had to fight him by opening a PayPal dispute and refuted his claims that I damaged the device through an affidavit and other documents. Please be aware that if you buy a Passport from eBay you will not be covered by hardware warranty at all if the device is used. If it is brand new and something happens in the future, the seller will have to contact BlackBerry for you, initiate the warranty, and provide original purchase receipts/paperwork. I'm willing to bet 99% of sellers will just disregard your messages if you ever tried to contact them to help with a warranty claim.

For BlackBerry devices, I highly suggest buying new off Amazon.
    06-19-15 03:05 AM
    Wow, I never knew it was a real problem until now. Thought it was just a bunch of noobs trying to talk sh*t, seeing as my passport is the best ever. No double typing no nothing no screen protector no case and not a single scratch
    06-19-15 06:14 AM
    Wow, I never knew it was a real problem until now. Thought it was just a bunch of noobs trying to talk sh*t, seeing as my passport is the best ever. No double typing no nothing no screen protector no case and not a single scratch
    There seem to be a lot of people on CB who don't believe there is anything wrong with any of the devices, and that it's all user's fault, or claims made by trolls!
    06-19-15 07:23 AM
    There seem to be a lot of people on CB who don't believe there is anything wrong with any of the devices, and that it's all user's fault, or claims made by trolls!
    Ya, the last video ii posted a few replies ago shows it when it's really bbbad. It's deffinnitely a probblem.

BlackBizzle my nizzle
    06-19-15 11:07 AM
    I just read about a noobs' Passport logo rusting...... after he used kitchen cleaner on it...
    or screen lift.... after carrying it in your back pocket and sitting on it. Nope must be something wrong with the glue!!!
    06-19-15 01:21 PM
    I just read about a noobs' Passport logo rusting...... after he used kitchen cleaner on it...
    or screen lift.... after carrying it in your back pocket and sitting on it. Nope must be something wrong with the glue!!!
    No argument there, but at the same time there were people who didn't believe the Z10 reboots, Q10 double typing, Classic light bleed, etc., were real. That's the group I was talking about!
    06-19-15 06:15 PM
    Not related to the issue but you are a lot faster than I am at typing. Lol. Have only had the PP for a couple of days so hopefully I will get faster.

Posted via BlackBerry Passport
    06-19-15 06:27 PM
    I have the same problem described in the video with the letter n more than any other letters.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.2576
    06-19-15 06:59 PM
    No argument there, but at the same time there were people who didn't believe the Z10 reboots, Q10 double typing, Classic light bleed, etc., were real. That's the group I was talking about!
    I understand your point, and I agree with you. There are some real problems; hardware/software defects and or manufacturing errors. But I read so much noob posts pretending the Passport frame can bend by itself.... That a snapdragon 801 soc with a 4.5 watt thermal design power can cause a steel frame to bend... and people actually believing it as well. After reading that, can you imagine that I picture a person with 'double typing' issues is just a noob with a drooling problem, with saliva drooling from his noobian face, onto his keyboard, causing the double typing?
    06-19-15 07:01 PM
    After reading that, can you imagine that I picture a person with 'double typing' issues is just a noob with a drooling problem, with saliva drooling from his noobian face, onto his keyboard, causing the double typing?
    Bwahahahahaha!

Posted via CB10
    06-19-15 07:04 PM
    Poi25 why not buying from att?
    I paid 770$ for normal Passport, 2 days later volumen up key hada bad function, I had to constantly press the screen and thankfully it mysteriously got fixed, I had the logo rusting (I only use hand sanitizer as with all my BlackBerry devices), afterwards bullets coming of.

Bought from shopblackberry.com

The Passport is in South America, no warranty whatsoever here, only to ship back would cost me around 50$

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by gmsm; 06-20-15 at 10:06 AM.
    06-20-15 09:47 AM
    Agree

Posted via CB10
    06-20-15 10:03 AM
    Double typing IS a software issue. I was typing "whether" but I reached till "wheth" and then it changed to "whethwheth."

Posted via CB10
    06-21-15 04:51 AM
    Double typing IS a software issue. I was typing "whether" but I reached till "wheth" and then it changed to "whethwheth."

Posted via CB10
    Wrong.

BlackBizzle my nizzle
    06-21-15 08:37 AM
    Oh my God. I've never had the double typing issue until a couple of days ago. All of sudden the "n" key will double-type. I've had my Passport for a while now... 6 months? Bought it new through Rogers.

This is nuts.
    06-22-15 01:56 PM
    Oh my God. I've never had the double typing issue until a couple of days ago. All of sudden the "n" key will double-type. I've had my Passport for a while now... 6 months? Bought it new through Rogers.

This is nuts.
    It is very strange that the "n" key is the most common first key to double type.

Well Matt, it has begun. It's going to start getting worse, I'd start by paying a few bucks and getting a screen recording program from BBW.

Record a short video every day to track the progress.
    06-22-15 02:19 PM
    Here is a screen capture of the double typing in action on my AT&T Passport. I made this specifically for the person who sold me the phone. I'm trying to get a hardware warranty through BlackBerry, but it's been an absolute nightmare because this phone wasn't purchased through Shop BlackBerry. AT&T is no help either because I'm not a direct customer, purchased the device elsewhere, and immediately had them unlock it.

My Passport is 2 months old, and I've dealt with this on 10.3.1 and 3 different builds of 10.3.2. At this point, I'm covered under purchase protection so I'll most likely return this phone to the seller and go back to the original Passport, making sure to purchase new off of Shop BlackBerry or used from someone who has the original purchase receipt. Do not purchase used, even if seller has original purchase receipt, if you want a warranty. You have to buy new and be the original buyer.

It's unfortunate because I do really like the AT&T version and would rather not return the phone, but this issue is pissing me off.

The strange sound in the video is my black lab eating from his new slow feed bowl. He used to inhale his food in 15 seconds, choke, and throw up all the time. The new bowl is awesome!

Edit: Here's all 3 videos, starting from the last one to the first, so you can see the progression over time and not have to read through the entire thread.

[video]https://youtu.be/jLOavX5OP_Y[/url]

[video]https://youtu.be/MRPR5VFOY-w[/url]

[video]https://youtu.be/pjsJGc5dFbA[/url]
    Damn...as the saying goes actions in this case actions via videos, speaks much louder than words.

Hopefully you can get it resolved. Quick question for you...what software and/or app are you using to record your videos?

 BlackBerry Passport on Telus Network
    06-22-15 02:22 PM
    Damn...as the saying goes actions in this case actions via videos, speaks much louder than words.

Hopefully you can get it resolved. Quick question for you...what software and/or app are you using to record your videos?

 BlackBerry Passport on Telus Network
    http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...ntent/59958979

Worked well for documenting the double typing. Reviews are great too, I recommend.

BlackBizzle my nizzle // SQW100-1 // 10.3.2.798 // Cricket Wireless
    06-24-15 02:18 AM
    http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...ntent/59958979

Worked well for documenting the double typing. Reviews are great too, I recommend.

Thanks! Very Much Appreciated!
    06-24-15 02:59 AM
    It is very strange that the "n" key is the most common first key to double type.

Well Matt, it has begun. It's going to start getting worse, I'd start by paying a few bucks and getting a screen recording program from BBW.

Record a short video every day to track the progress.
    What screen recording app did you buy from Blackberry world?

Posted via CB10
    06-25-15 03:00 PM
    What screen recording app did you buy from Blackberry world?

Posted via CB10
    Didn't read the posts directly above you?

06-25-15 05:19 PM
    When somebody who can't possibly know for sure claims to know for sure, I smell a rat.

Claims to know what for sure? Well, anything really. For instance, whether an invisible superman in the sky exists, whether Fermat's last theorem is correct, or whether a particular issue which could be either software or hardware, is hardware.
    06-25-15 10:12 PM
99 1234