Hm, I haven't had the double typing bug...

But have you turned off all the extra things on the keyboard, like auto correct, auto suggest, auto anything? I leave it off, not saying it is one of those, but I'm just wondering if you aren't typing fast enough to confuse the software while it is trying to autopredict/correct/punctuate?

my only typos seem to be my fat fingers hitting another key :S, someone have a fix for this? can I use someone else's hands to touch my keys?
    06-11-15 06:47 PM
    He wasn't speaking about 798 but I would twitt Chen

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.680
    06-11-15 06:55 PM
    Hm, I haven't had the double typing bug...

But have you turned off all the extra things on the keyboard, like auto correct, auto suggest, auto anything? I leave it off, not saying it is one of those, but I'm just wondering if you aren't typing fast enough to confuse the software while it is trying to autopredict/correct/punctuate?

my only typos seem to be my fat fingers hitting another key :S, someone have a fix for this? can I use someone else's hands to touch my keys?
    I cleared the learned words and checked in word substitution and personal dictionary. Nothing remotely related. I wasn't expecting anything there anyways, because it doesn't matter what word I'm typing, it happens on any word. I could type "happen," and sometimes it would type "happenn," but other times it won't.
    06-11-15 06:59 PM
    Jeez typing on the Passport is slow. Its one thing I hate about this phone. I can fly on a virtual keyboard but I'm so slow on the Passport. What you wrote took way to long to type and you seem like a very proficient typer.
    Witmen likes this.
    06-11-15 08:03 PM
    Jeez typing on the Passport is slow. Its one thing I hate about this phone. I can fly on a virtual keyboard but I'm so slow on the Passport. What you wrote took way to long to type and you seem like a very proficient typer.
    And I thought he was fast! lol
    06-11-15 08:55 PM
    I am picking up my passport today. after being sent for warranty for double type issue. hope come back alright.

I am sorry to hear about the bad news. My experience with warranty, in my country, at least. I must present the original purchase receipt to even claim for one. if lost, I basically forfeited the warranty. but the warranty itself of course transferable as long as you keep the original receipt.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    06-11-15 08:59 PM
    And I thought he was fast! lol
    This is what I'm going to miss about the AT&T Passport, it is a much better typing experience and immediately I could tell a speed/accuracy difference from the original I had owned prior. The better keyboard and bigger chin really help.

At this point, I'm not buying another Passport unless it's new, because this whole situation has left a bad taste in my mouth. However, there's no way I'm paying $699 for an AT&T Passport off contract, no way.

So we'll see how much slower I am once I get another OG Passport.
    06-11-15 09:05 PM
    I cleared the learned words and checked in word substitution and personal dictionary. Nothing remotely related. I wasn't expecting anything there anyways, because it doesn't matter what word I'm typing, it happens on any word. I could type "happen," and sometimes it would type "happenn," but other times it won't.
    just try to turn if off even if there is no words to substitute it?
    06-11-15 09:26 PM
    I don't know the fix for the issue so I'll probably be of no help but someone at work came to me with a Curve that had a trackpad gone berserk so I took a vacuum to it then blew it out with compressed air and it's luckily worked ever since. Idk if that would be a good thing to try on a Passport though, if say like one of the keys could dislodge and fly off! I hope you get it resolved. Wish I could see the att one but I find my original Passport to be quite soft to type on now maybe versus when I first got it.

Posted via CB10
    06-11-15 09:43 PM
    Poi. Let's just say that a fix is coming and I can't say more than that. Laterz. ( assuming your device isn't plagued by a severe hardware issue. )

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.680
    06-11-15 10:02 PM
    just try to turn if off even if there is no words to substitute it?
    Here is a video I just recorded with dictionary cleared, text completion turned off, auto correct turned off, and touch sensitive keyboard disabled.

06-11-15 10:03 PM
    Although I haven't had any problems with my Passport, I do know that if someone asks about my phone they're usually are just amazed that BlackBerry still makes phones and then forget all about it. I'm sure that if I had any problems that I could point out, it would be something they remember and would pass along to someone else. Word of mouth seems to be their only consistent advertising so why not just replace the phone and keep the word good?

Posted via CB10
    06-11-15 10:26 PM
    Here is a video I just recorded with dictionary cleared, text completion turned off, auto correct turned off, and touch sensitive keyboard disabled.
    hm, I have no idea what to make of it :S I'm still surprised you can type that fast lol.

Does it happen if you type slower? I'm trying to replicate it, and since I type slow, I don't know if that lets the OS buffer what I type and not your speedy fingers. If it is the OS buffer, it might be a ram/registry setting (not sure what is equivalent on bb10, but I could change buffer sizes on my windows mobile phone). Maybe BB didn't give it high enough buffer size since they didn't think people could type that fast?

IE I've seen this happen on really old/slow computers. you type something but the computer can't keep up with it so it doesn't register that you lifted the key/finger so it thinks you just held the key for 2 seconds so it gives you 2 letters. But on passport, if I hold the keys, it just capitalize the letter and not give me a second letter :S
    06-11-15 11:10 PM
    Although I haven't had any problems with my Passport, I do know that if someone asks about my phone they're usually are just amazed that BlackBerry still makes phones and then forget all about it. I'm sure that if I had any problems that I could point out, it would be something they remember and would pass along to someone else. Word of mouth seems to be their only consistent advertising so why not just replace the phone and keep the word good?

Posted via CB10
    The problem is BlackBerry simply doesn't care at this point with the brand so tarnished already. A speck of dirt means nothing when one is already covered so thoroughly in mud and other nasty things. Unless you are a high profile celebrity and making a lot of noise about it, BlackBerry couldn't care less.
    06-12-15 12:00 AM
    The problem is BlackBerry simply doesn't care at this point with the brand so tarnished already. A speck of dirt means nothing when one is already covered so thoroughly in mud and other nasty things. Unless you are a high profile celebrity and making a lot of noise about it, BlackBerry couldn't care less.
    What's ****inng hilarious is they replaced the lying girl's Passport innn the other thread who clearly dropped her phonnne but said the Passport was getting so hot that it melted the opposite corner from the SoC.

Un-*******-believable

Lol I just had two triple types in this post. Pretty cool.

BlackBizzle my nizzle
    06-12-15 12:04 AM
    What's ****inng hilarious is they replaced the lying girl's Passport innn the other thread who clearly dropped her phonnne but said the Passport was getting so hot that it melted the opposite corner from the SoC.

Un-*******-believable

BlackBizzle my nizzle
    for real� dude. LOL. you should have done the same.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    06-12-15 12:52 AM

Un-*******-believable

BlackBizzle my nizzle
    I remember reading that thread, so the girl (or just some guy with cute girl avatar) actually got new replacement from BlackBerry lol.
    06-12-15 10:29 AM
    I'm currently waiting for the seller's response as I initiated a claim with PayPal. Once the phone can be sent back I'm going to order a brand new Passport from Amazon.

BlackBerry should consider themselves lucky that I'm actually going to try another Passport.
    06-12-15 12:40 PM
    He's being exactly what he's always been, a ******bag. Complains to hell and back about issues he experiences, and disregards ones others are experiencing. But then again he just acquired a Passport, so I hope I don't have the last laugh if his starts double typing.

I purchased my device brand new on eBay, so unfortunately without original purchase receipt there is very little I can do.

BlackBerry straight up refuses to help me out because it's an AT&T branded device (even though it's a BlackBerry -- makes no sense to me), and AT&T shuns me because I'm not a customer. PayPal protects me though so although I slightly feel bad for dragging the seller back into it, for a 2 month old device I find this absolutely unacceptable.

The funny part about this is I've been purchasing used devices for years now, and I've never had any issues. Not one, ever. I purchased this Passport brand new and within 2 months started having issues. Is this testament to BlackBerry's build quality, or just a function of lottery with mechanical components, or a combination of both?

I like the AT&T redesign, but I'm going to go back to an original Passport and give it another try, buying new off Amazon.

Edit: Wasn't Trauma the one who was touting "WE NEED EVIDENCE!! VIDEOS!!! ETC, ETC" in the other threads? But now that I provided a video he changes his tune to, "Well mine is perfect."

Kinda funny.
    I feel your pain. I had a similar very bad experience buying a BlackBerry off ebay unlocked. Carriers kept telling me the phone wasn't blocked, they didn't know why it wouldn't work, couldn't figure out how to get help from BlackBerry without paying for it. Finally a carrier rep said he'd seen the problem before with a phone that was refurbished, the imei and the pin aren't linked together on BlackBerry's database.

In the end I had a big fight with the seller who could not provide me with an original purchase receipt for warranty. Ended up sending it back for a refund minus shipping.

And now that I've had that bad experience, I pay more for carrier or factory unlocked phones. Peace of mind that I can return it if there's a problem.

Sorry for your headache and good luck.

Posted via CB10
    06-12-15 12:53 PM
    Blackberry won't do anything for ATT Passport. It's ATT that should help. Try turning on auto correct. It might start catching the double letters and then start correcting words for you.

Posted via CB10
    06-12-15 04:53 PM
    Blackberry won't do anything for ATT Passport. It's ATT that should help. Try turning on auto correct. It might start catching the double letters and then start correcting words for you.

Posted via CB10
    Watch both videos I posted. Auto correct on or off doesn't make a difference.
    06-12-15 05:04 PM
    Hi the easiest and fastest way to fix this is to buy a replacement original blackberry passport keyboard on the internet, and change it yourself with a lot of attention and carefully.
    06-12-15 05:38 PM
    You're in the states I am assuming? If you're interested in buying another passport, I might be able to help you out. My buddy works at blackberry and I get employee pricing thru him. I can ask him what it costs and buy it for you. You pay me and I ship it to you. Comes unlocked but am not sure if it will work on ur network.

Specially since the american dollar is stronger the Passport is much cheaper in this aspect.
    06-12-15 09:25 PM
    Here is a screen capture of the double typing in action on my AT&T Passport. I made this specifically for the person who sold me the phone. I'm trying to get a hardware warranty through BlackBerry, but it's been an absolute nightmare because this phone wasn't purchased through Shop BlackBerry. AT&T is no help either because I'm not a direct customer, purchased the device elsewhere, and immediately had them unlock it.

My Passport is 2 months old, and I've dealt with this on 10.3.1 and 3 different builds of 10.3.2. At this point, I'm covered under purchase protection so I'll most likely return this phone to the seller and go back to the original Passport, making sure to purchase new off of Shop BlackBerry or used from someone who has the original purchase receipt. Do not purchase used, even if seller has original purchase receipt, if you want a warranty. You have to buy new and be the original buyer.

It's unfortunate because I do really like the AT&T version and would rather not return the phone, but this issue is pissing me off.

The strange sound in the video is my black lab eating from his new slow feed bowl. He used to inhale his food in 15 seconds, choke, and throw up all the time. The new bowl is awesome!

[video]https://youtu.be/pjsJGc5dFbA[/url]

I publicly stated it was SW only ... I humbly stand corrected! Well done!!
    06-13-15 12:43 AM
    I've never had the double typing issue.

Posted via CB10
    06-13-15 05:41 AM
99 1234