Yup..gave it a gander alright and if I was desperate I would print it and use it as toilet paper

Posted via CB10
    07-24-15 12:32 PM
    By the way..I've got a mint condition blue classic on ebay right now if you're interested..there is no warranty though unfortunately .i don't know if you are in need of a phone since you've stated you got hosed from buying a used passport

Posted via CB10
    07-24-15 12:35 PM
    Yup..gave it a gander alright and if I was desperate I would print it and use it as toilet paper

Posted via CB10
    Fellow CrackBerrians, please don't listen to this fool. Read the BB hardware document and call BB directly if you want further proof. Hardware warranties apply to the original purchaser of a NEW device and follow them, not the device itself. Even if the phone was purchased brand new and resold never being used, you still wouldn't be the original purchaser and the warranty would be denied.

It's a shame BB warranties devices like this, they should take a hint from Lenovo. BallJohnsonDance took a gamble buying used to save money and then got even luckier with successfully getting a warranty. This is not the norm, please be aware.
    07-24-15 12:40 PM
    This fool hahaha all I'm simply stating is don't buy anything below "used-like new" and make sure you read the description of the device's condition..i highly doubt it would make it past the 2 different reps and 2 supervisors I dealt with without going unnoticed

Posted via CB10
    07-24-15 12:56 PM
    This fool hahaha all I'm simply stating is don't buy anything below "used-like new" and make sure you read the description of the device's condition..i highly doubt it would make it past the 2 different reps and 2 supervisors I dealt with without going unnoticed

Posted via CB10
    Done trying to point out the obvious to you. You got lucky, end of story.

Posted via CB10 // Passport SQW100-1 // 10.3.2.2339 // Cricket Wireless
    07-24-15 02:36 PM
    Just called this BB number - 877-255-2377 - Tech Support. They checked my Pin # to verify warranty. They said my warranty is intact even though the box stated "used" when it came from the Amazon Warehouse.
    07-24-15 03:33 PM
    I also have an amazon (germany) warehouse deal passport and faced the double typing 8 weeks after purchase. called amazon and they offered me to send it back. still unsure what to do. still love the device but...

Posted via CB10
    07-24-15 04:58 PM
    Oh would you look at that!! I hope that jamoke who knows the blackberry warranty by heart sees that 2 of us now have gotten "lucky"

Posted via CB10
    07-24-15 05:04 PM
    Can't a software fix repair this issue by making timeout trigger of like 100 ms before the same key registers again... it's fairly simple and logical

Posted via CB10
    07-24-15 05:32 PM
    Oh would you look at that!! I hope that jamoke who knows the blackberry warranty by heart sees that 2 of us now have gotten "lucky"

Posted via CB10
    Yup, that's right. Search for some warranty threads that document other people's experiences. Both of you lucked out.
    07-24-15 05:32 PM
    Has anyone tried replacing the physical keyboard on their Passport? If yes, has that made any difference?

Posted via CB10 using PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.2576
    07-24-15 06:20 PM
    Can't a software fix repair this issue by making timeout trigger of like 100 ms before the same key registers again... it's fairly simple and logical

Posted via CB10
    Yes, exactly. The problem is indeed hardware and the solution will be software. Since 10.3.2 my double-typing issue has disappeared.

I think that EVERY physical keyboard has this issue, including PCs. It's just that Windows, MacOS and Linux (and the rest) have worked out the "debounce" issue.

Eventually BlackBerry will figure this out.... perhaps they have... I don't have any issues anymore.
    LostOnThePianoRoll likes this.
    07-25-15 02:30 AM
    Yes, exactly. The problem is indeed hardware and the solution will be software. Since 10.3.2 my double-typing issue has disappeared.

I think that EVERY physical keyboard has this issue, including PCs. It's just that Windows, MacOS and Linux (and the rest) have worked out the "debounce" issue.

Eventually BlackBerry will figure this out.... perhaps they have... I don't have any issues anymore.
    This is strange for me It is still there and I am using latest 2339. I will wait till next update. If BlackBerry doesn't find solution for this I will send it back

Posted via CB10
    07-25-15 03:29 PM
    Well, I thought I'd circle back to this. I never got around to sending in my PP for a replacement. I've just dealt with the double type issue. As of today I feel confident that my double type issue is resolved by the latest OS update. Since I'm in the USA I have not gotten the OTA update for Software Release 10.3.2.2474 (OS 10.3.2.2639) so I broke down and got it from Sachesi. As soon as the update was complete I composed a test email in which I made sure to use the n key as much as possible and never saw a double type. I'll give it some more time to confirm but I know for certain that before the update I would have had some extra characters in that test email. For now I'm calling it solved. Yeehaw!
    AnimalPak200 likes this.
    09-09-15 09:01 PM
39 12