Passport charging remained bit enigmatic for me after both of my Z3 and Passport chargers were toasted. First I just wanted a 1.3 Mah replacement charger but Blackberry India wont stock any for love or money, period.
    Off I went for a Sony Cp-Ad2, 2.1Mah 5V tablet charger but I couldnt use it on the limited space of my wall socket along with other peripheral plugs being there. However it did charged at around 0.9 Mah with supplied USB cable and dropped to 0.75 Mah with original Passport USB cable.
    Another of Sony Charger Ep-880 rated at 1.5 Mah I could use in limited space of wall socket worked ok but it took almost 4 hours + to charge from 10% to 100%. This charger had ferrite beads on USB cable and it turned out it was charging between 0.5 Mah to 0.7 Mah. With original Passport usb cable it charged consistently at 0.75 Mah which was surprising because my lowly Z3 was able to draw higher amp from either of chargers while Z3 was supplied with only a 0.85 Mah charger whereas Passport one was rated at 1.3 Mah.
    When things just got this murky I bought a cheap USB amp meter to try and understand whats going on. The findings about how much amp each of chargers was flowing is what I got from the amp meter. So apparently Passport will not draw more amp from beyond average of 0.8 mah from any of 5 V charger even if they are rated at 1.5 map to 2.1 amp and also different USB cable gave different reading. (I am aware of sync and charge or charge only USB cables are out there).
    On-line search led me to Aukey quick charger 2.0 for Amazon but I had to pay silly money to import one to India with no guarantee that it will charge Passport to its rated capacity of 1.3 Mah. I had to hit the local market and Samsung showroom guys were sympathetic to the woes and agreed to let me test their chargers from sealed boxes. One charger did work and worked rather surprisingly well for me.
    So there it is, Samsung EP-TA20IWE Travel Charger for galaxy 6 with Adoptive Fast Charging rated at 5v 2.0 Amp Or 9V 1.67 Amp. I plugged it with 33% battery remaining and in nearly 1 hour I am at 85% charged battery. Back of Passport is cool and doesnt seem to be overheating. The amp meter shows a consistent amp being pumped from 1.75 Mah to 1.85 Mah per hour. So it does look like that Passports Qualcomm support some kind of faster charging, which is good news. Seems very mundane stuff but charging Passport for 4 hours was simply unacceptable and I hope it might help people in similar quandary or looking for a faster charger without having to pay for a playbook charger.
    Sammy charger I got was for $ 18. Here is a picture when Passport is plugged and 70% charged.
    Attached Thumbnails Passport does support kind of Fast Charging-sammy.jpg  
    yyz321 likes this.
    12-20-15 03:14 PM
    Mine always charges in less than 1 hour. I use the playbook charger for all my bb10 phones.
    miker476 likes this.
    12-21-15 07:00 AM
    Mine always charges in less than 1 hour. I use the playbook charger for all my bb10 phones.
    Playbook rapid charger can charge a Passport from lets say 10% to 100% in under one hour ?
    That would surpass even qualcomm 2.0 quick charge ratings
    12-21-15 09:28 PM
    Sorry. I did a measurement now and it is more like 10% in 10 minutes. So ot is 1h 30' for 10% to 100% charge.
    12-22-15 10:21 AM
    Makes sense. My Passport charges really quick to 90-100% with my high quality charger.
    12-22-15 01:38 PM
    Makes sense. My Passport charges really quick to 90-100% with my high quality charger.
    Same with mine.
    Charging is never a long process with my Passport.

Blackberry Passport
    12-22-15 01:41 PM
    I charged my Passport SE with Aukey QC2.0 Certified quick charger for the first time yesterday. There was not too much difference compared to the regular chargers.

Posted via CB10 from Passport SQW100-4/10.3.2.2876
    12-22-15 02:24 PM
    Does not fast charging degrade battery earlier?
    12-23-15 02:25 AM
    Does not fast charging degrade battery earlier?
    I don't favour fast chargers too. I often use old 9900 charger for overnight charging but having fried all of my berry chargers I had to look around for alternates. Circuit board and battery are regulated and will draw only what currents battery is designed to take.
    Passport original charger use to take 2:45 hour from 0 to 100%.
    The replacement Samsung charger took 2:10 hour from 4% to 100%.
    That said since now I can keep eye on the amp meter I know it for fact that when battery indicator states 100% the meter shows current is still being drawn around 0.25 mili amp before it petters off to absolute 0 amp in about 15-20 more mins. So in practice even when Passport says it is charged 100% there is a minuscule amount of current still being drawn by battery for 15-20 mins before it is 'absolutely' saturated as 100%
    If your quick charger makes the battery hot and you can feel this on backplate of phone, that is a Red flag. I haven't got this issue so far so I am good with this arrangement.
    12-23-15 03:25 AM
    I charged my Passport SE with Aukey QC2.0 Certified quick charger for the first time yesterday. There was not too much difference compared to the regular chargers.
    That is why I was reluctant to pay more money for Aukey. You also might want to check your USB cable. Old usb cables are most likely sync and charge cables but using only charge cable give better results. You can also heck the old data cable for faster charge by shorting the White and Green wires near the USB jack.
    12-23-15 03:29 AM
    https://www.amazon.ca/gp/aw/d/B013DN...droidcent08-20

What about this one? Is it charging cable only? Thanks.

Posted via CB10 from Passport SQW100-4/10.3.2.2876
    12-24-15 02:10 AM
    https://www.amazon.ca/gp/aw/d/B013DN...droidcent08-20
    What about this one? Is it charging cable only? Thanks.
    This one seems alright, it is also a sync cable because green and white cables are present there. However thin cable means more resistance to current because a thinner gauge wire cannot handle the current. So less current flow and more charging time which is what old USB cables suffer from. The one you saw on Amazon seem to have a thicker (less resistance to pass current) is alright. Looks like a 24 American wire gauge, It should be well for your 2.1, 5 Volt charger.
    I had to go through hoops because Aukey cost is just silly where I am.
    12-24-15 03:26 AM