Seeing how BB has a sale on right now I'm interested in getting the docking station / sync pod. Just got a couple of questions for those who have it.

1) Does it cause any damage to your device?
    2) Any issues with being able to use it with a shell on the device?

Thanks guys!
    06-16-15 12:40 PM
    I got the sync pod and used it for quite a while. Absolutely no damage or scuffs to the passport. Unfortunately I've not found a case that I can leave the phone in and charge through the pod. I know the case will come off but I guess I'm lazy coz I don't want to be constantly taking it off and on. I've bought the blackberry flip case that sticks to the passport now so I don't use the pod. Loved it when I did but just not practical for me while I'm using a case. Might be different for you,depends how you like removing the case lol.

Posted via CB10
    06-16-15 12:58 PM
    I got the sync pod and used it for quite a while. Absolutely no damage or scuffs to the passport. Unfortunately I've not found a case that I can leave the phone in and charge through the pod. I know the case will come off but I guess I'm lazy coz I don't want to be constantly taking it off and on. I've bought the blackberry flip case that sticks to the passport now so I don't use the pod. Loved it when I did but just not practical for me while I'm using a case. Might be different for you,depends how you like removing the case lol.

Posted via CB10
    Thanks! I have the hard shell case on mine and have no intentions on taking it off nightly when I charge my phone... sigh I wish these manufacteurers would take these things into consideration...
    Trauma Surgeon likes this.
    06-16-15 01:28 PM
    Yeah I know what you mean. You'd think there would be some allowance made for cases,especially the ones made by BlackBerry themselves.

Posted via CB10
    scmcc16 likes this.
    06-16-15 01:31 PM
    It works with a case on. There's a little clip on part that you remove. It just won't be as sturdy depending on the thickness of the case.
    It's actually really nice and I find it worth it, you can use the bedtime mode for an alarm clock too.
    06-16-15 03:01 PM
    I hardly ever use mine. It works fine, but I find myself on my phone while in bed so I just have a long charging cord attached so phone can be easily charged and used at same time.

Posted via CB10
    06-16-15 03:08 PM
    I use one one my desk and one one on nightstand. I recommend highly. I don't use any cases though.

Posted via CB10
    06-16-15 03:44 PM
    The OEM dock is great.
    Yes, you will have to remove your case to get it to sit in the dock.
    But it works like a charm. Charges so fast!
    The thing is on sale right now, almost half price at ShopBlackberry.
    Passport docking station worth it?-screen-shot-2015-06-17-12.01.58-am.png
    06-16-15 11:02 PM