I showed my brand new Passport to one of my colleagues today, and he asked me twice if it could make phone calls. I told him it was designed to do just that. I guess he was so freaked out by the square shape of the Passport that he couldn't believe it wasn't some sort of
    handheld computer, hahaha.

I think it's safe to say the Passport is going to turn a lot of heads and have people asking, "What the hell is *that*?"
    vptsff likes this.
    09-25-14 09:14 PM
    Sadly, most will be unpleasantly surprised. The device is really huge. They should release a "mini" version with 4.0" screen.

Posted via CB10
    blicked likes this.
    09-25-14 09:17 PM
    I don't know how I feel about the device so far. I'm kinda not liking just three rows of keys and I'm not sure what the most efficient way to hold the passport is yet.

I will give it a few weeks of test driving and see if it can replace my HTC One M8, which will be a tough feat. I think the Classic will be a better fit for me but I can't remember why I got rid of the Q10 just a few days after it came out last year. I remember loving my Bold 9930, but we'll see how this experience ends up.

Posted via CB10
    09-25-14 10:27 PM
    !

Z30 user and lover.
    09-26-14 01:37 AM
    Hahaha. That's awesome. People will think it's a little tablet or a high tech calculator. Thing is it's different and revolutionary in the tech world.

Z10
    09-26-14 01:53 AM
    Sadly, most will be unpleasantly surprised. The device is really huge. They should release a "mini" version with 4.0" screen.

Posted via CB10
    I'm not thinking so. It will be a love / hate relationship.

Posted Pantlessly via My Kick@ss BlackBerry Passport
    09-26-14 02:00 AM
    I went down to local Telus shop to get a hands on experience.. Reading all the reviews and stuff, was apprehensive that it might not be something for me..

After using it, I was pleasantly surprised how light it was compared to the size of the device, everything about the phone was just stunning, can't stop thinking about it..

Really believe that we are in a cellphone era where bigger is better.. The size of the device wouldn't make too many hate it, although that is just my opinion..

Posted via CB10
    Carjackd and vptsff like this.
    09-26-14 02:02 AM
    I went down to local Telus shop to get a hands on experience.. Reading all the reviews and stuff, was apprehensive that it might not be something for me..

After using it, I was pleasantly surprised how light it was compared to the size of the device, everything about the phone was just stunning, can't stop thinking about it..

Really believe that we are in a cellphone era where bigger is better.. The size of the device wouldn't make too many hate it, although that is just my opinion..

Posted via CB10
    Yes and size matters!

Posted Pantlessly via My Kick@ss BlackBerry Passport
    09-26-14 02:03 AM
    Watching my son swimming today, I was asked if my Passport was actually a phone as well! That is awesome.

Posted via CB10
    vptsff likes this.
    09-26-14 02:06 AM
    Can someone advise if:

1) blend is fully functional

2) if Miracast displays in landscape mode or that square 1:1 display.

Posted via CB10
    09-26-14 02:30 AM
    2) if Miracast displays in landscape mode or that square 1:1 display.
    I'll answer this since you're own question answers it for you.

The Passport display is 1:1 aspect ratio and as such the display (I'm not talking about the device, just the display) doesn't have a landscape mode. It will Miracast everything in 1:1 unless you display media whose source aspect ratio is something other than 1:1. The exact same thing as the Q10.

Posted via CB10
    09-26-14 04:03 AM