My OG Passport died today after a day of death groans. I doubt I'll put too much effort into fixing it unless someone here can tell me that it sounds like a minor issue and can be fixed relatively easily.

Here's what happened:

A couple days ago it felt like it was vibrating softly for a minute or two but since it was in a case i figured it was my imagination.

Yesterday the battery died quickly and it was pretty hot. I only have three Android Apps but I fgured one was acting up. I uninstalled them, charged the phone and went to bed.

Today, First it wouldn't connect to WIFI. It was constantly toggling the WiFi setting OFF while searching but not finding any WiFi networks (there were many). Then it made a couple crazy noises. One was a loud siren sound and the other was kinda a vibration noise. After that it powered off.

I rebooted it and did a security swipe. But after the BB10 setup tutorial it made the loud siren noise again and powered off.

My guess is a hardware issue which means it's toast....

It's a shame as I bought it new three years ago and babied it ever since. I doubt if it's ever been dropped and still looks brand new.

What do you think?
    Last edited by Haivu1945; 10-26-18 at 09:28 AM.
    10-26-18 08:02 AM
    My OG Passport died today after a day of death groans. I doubt I'll put too much effort into fixing it unless someone here can tell me that it sounds like a minor issue and can be fixed relatively easily.

Here's what happened:

A couple days ago it felt like it was vibrating softly for a minute or two but since it was in a case i figured it was my imagination. Yesterday the battery died quickly and it was pretty hot. I only have three Android Apps but ifigured one was acting up. I uninstalled them and charged the phone and went to bed.

Today First it wouldn't connect to WIFI. It didn't find any networks and was constantly toggling he WiFi setting OFF in then it itade a couple crazy noises, one was a loud siren sound and the other was a vibration noise. After that it powered off. I rebooted it and did a security swipe. After the BB10 setup tutorial it made the loud siren noise again and powered off.

My guess is a hardware issue which means it's toast....

What do you think?
    Ya. Seems like something fried.
    Haivu1945 likes this.
    10-26-18 08:05 AM
    You are big fan of blackberry!

Blackberry Passport silver edit 10.3.3 2137
    Haivu1945 likes this.
    10-26-18 08:17 AM
    Toast!
    Haivu1945 likes this.
    10-26-18 08:26 AM
    Ash to dust farewell my love.