I absolutely love my Passport in the 2.5 weeks I've had it but mine, too, died on me one morning. I was driving in my car with the Passport in my front left pocket when I noticed it felt really hot against my leg, much hotter than usual operating temperatures.

I immediately pulled it out to examine and after swiping and pressing the on/off button briefly, I came to the conclusion that it had turned itself off. The device was strangely hot, which had me a little concerned. I know the battery was charged so I couldn't imagine it being drained by an app.

Anyway, after both holding down the power button to no avail, I pressed the volume up/down simultaneously and the device booted itself back up. The battery appeared to be at the same power level as I remembered it so it wasn't a power drain. I still don't know what happened but it hasn't occurred again since.
    11-10-14 01:56 PM
    Many of these issues are due to download suspect apps. That's my honest opinion.
    Right. Agree. Can't think of a better "usual suspect".

My two weeks old Passport died when I tried to enter device password.
    Had to keep <up> <down> and <power-on> pressed for 10 seconds. Then the red lamp flashed and it came back to life.

As an Apple oldtimer this was a very, very rare experience. Anyway, let's hope nothing is corrupted.
    12-13-14 05:09 AM
    I'm glad you posted this. After having the SE for 1.5 years it totally died on me and I know it wasn't the battery. I held the buttons you suggested and it was revived. The only thing I loaded onto it in the last months was BB10 OS 10.3.3.1359. I really hope this new OS was not the culprit. Occasionally it does suddenly turn itself off (which is terribly inconvenient when I'm not quite finished composing a long text) but always revived when I touched the top button.

Any suggestions on how to not have either of these issues happen at all?

Thanks
    12-09-16 05:57 PM
28 12