So with previous phones, we could use the hdmi port to hook up to a monitor, and the USB port to add a hub with a mouse, keyboard, and USB drive/stick...depending on if OTG and powered hub.

Now that the Passport has one Slimport, how we achieve USB OTG? Most slimport cables have a micro-usb charging port, I see. Will this supply the phone with USB OTG?

Maybe the upcoming Passport dock will allow desktop-like functionality?

Posted via CB10
    12-21-14 12:59 PM
    I don't have a slimport adapter (yet), so I use a netgear miracast dongle connected to my TV/monitor. This frees up the USB port on the Passport.

Posted via CB10
    12-21-14 01:08 PM
    Bluetooth Keyboard and mouse, Slimport fro HDMI .... / or Miracast for HDMI for a completely wireless solution
    12-21-14 01:19 PM
    Bluetooth Keyboard and mouse, Slimport fro HDMI .... / or Miracast for HDMI for a completely wireless solution
    Ahh, interesting. Unfortunately a good Miracast dongle (Msft) is 60 dollars. I guess I'll order up a slimport adapter to see if it can give me OTG out the charging micro-usb port.

Thanks for the ideas guys.

Posted via CB10
    12-21-14 11:29 PM
    Ahh, interesting. Unfortunately a good Miracast dongle (Msft) is 60 dollars. I guess I'll order up a slimport adapter to see if it can give me OTG out the charging micro-usb port.

Thanks for the ideas guys.

Posted via CB10
    On the passport you can use either OTG, or a Slimport adapter for HDMI, not both
    You can Not use the charging port on the Slimport adapter for OTG

A okey Miracast adapter like PTV3000 goes for $40 and up on amazon
    12-22-14 07:12 AM
    I do hope the slim port microusb charging port can be used for usb otg.. But unfortunate the people above me has confirmed that it can't. Dont really like to use those wireless miracast, it will always have lag.
    12-22-14 07:21 AM
    It would be interesting to have something like this. For me though, i started to use my laptop again and I am using Blend instead of everything else (Outlook, Explorer...). The only problem is many times when i need to delete a row i swipe from right to left on laptop's keyboard and nothing happens...
    12-22-14 08:48 AM
    Then I see no reason for SlimPort. I want Micro USB 3.1 and Micro HDMI in my next phone.

Posted via CB10
    12-22-14 08:53 AM
    I'm not sure if something like this will work or not :

http://www.amazon.com/Smays-MicroUSB...UvbUpU11186269
    12-22-14 09:19 AM
    ditto!
    12-22-14 09:59 AM
    I'm not sure if something like this will work or not :

Robot Check
    NO it won't. Passport uses SmartPort, NOT MHL !
    12-22-14 11:57 AM