Simple question. Is the design/manufacture so broken or cheap that I should not buy a passport?

Posted via CB10
    05-13-15 02:21 PM
    Hi there,
    There are many satisfied users, who appreciate the device's build quality. Unfortunately, others having issues like:
    - screen lifting
    - double type
    - warping of the steel frame.
    Afterall, nothing is flawless.

Posted via CB10
    05-13-15 02:51 PM
    Love mine had it for over two months with none of the posted issues. Build quality is solid and overall I'm very happy with the Passport, best blackberry device I've ever owned!

Posted via CB10
    05-13-15 02:54 PM
    Can't you find a device that you can play with for sometimes? I have to say that the issues reported should be somewhat user's fault or a faulty shipment because the only two Passports I've touched are the one at the store and mine and they both feel very solid.

Posted via my BlackBerry Passport - 10.3.1.2576
    05-13-15 02:58 PM
    Simple question. Is the design/manufacture so broken or cheap that I should not buy a passport?

Posted via CB10
    So you don't actually have a Passport yet you've been posting trollish content for over a month?

Stop feeding this guy everyone

BlackBizzle my nizzle
    05-13-15 03:07 PM
    Hi there,
    There are many satisfied users, who appreciate the device's build quality. Unfortunately, others having issues like:
    - screen lifting
    - double type
    - warping of the steel frame.
    Afterall, nothing is flawless.

Posted via CB10
    Add to this -partly unresponsive touch feature on physical keyboard

Posted via CB10
    Trauma Surgeon likes this.
    05-13-15 03:21 PM
    Who am I to tell you what to do with your money?

Glad I bought mine though. Best phone I've ever owned.

Posted via CB10
    QNX4all and FobiddenRiceman like this.
    05-13-15 04:57 PM
    I don't know how people are having the screen flickering,screen lifting or double typing issues my Passport was a gift from my elder brother and this thing is flawless it has no issues its been a month now and i don't think i have ever seen a better device although on very heavy use of andriod apps my rams gets about 95% used and the phone starts to get hot but i guess thats normal
    05-13-15 05:31 PM
    I have the ATT Passport and have no issues at all. This is as solid as any other flagship phone. I can't say what the original Passport quality is like though

Posted via CB10
    05-13-15 08:20 PM
    I think this is the problem with pushing a device in to market without testing it properly. Who knows how long they have tested the passport before introducing it.

I believe these problems must have been fixed by BlackBerry in the batches which came later. They would have got a lot of complaints about all these and definitely would have fixed it.

I have the limited edition 'Red' passport and I dint face any of these issues so far. I haven't seen anyone complaining about red passport. My thoughts are that these issues might have been identified by BlackBerry and fixed before they released the 'red' passport.

It's sad that the passport is not in par with Z30 with the built quality.

Hope we won't see these in the upcoming Slider

Posted via the amazing 'Red' BlackBerry Passport
    05-13-15 08:26 PM
    I think this is the problem with pushing a device in to market without testing it properly. Who knows how long they have tested the passport before introducing it.

I believe these problems must have been fixed by BlackBerry in the batches which came later. They would have got a lot of complaints about all these and definitely would have fixed it.

I have the limited edition 'Red' passport and I dint face any of these issues so far. I haven't seen anyone complaining about red passport. My thoughts are that these issues might have been identified by BlackBerry and fixed before they released the 'red' passport.

It's sad that the passport is not in par with Z30 with the built quality.

Hope we won't see these in the upcoming Slider

Posted via the amazing 'Red' BlackBerry Passport
    Almost all z30 have loose volume keys. If not all.
    05-13-15 08:46 PM
    I have never seen a z30 with loose buttons. I have seen quite a few.
    05-13-15 11:16 PM
    So you don't actually have a Passport yet you've been posting trollish content for over a month?

Stop feeding this guy everyone

BlackBizzle my nizzle
    Ahh caught. Him

�The Berrylution will not be televised�
    05-13-15 11:33 PM
    Hi TS,

So how you decided after all the feedback given? At the end, tried out or eventually picked up the PassPort?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    05-17-15 04:20 AM
    I don't know how people are having the screen flickering,screen lifting or double typing issues my Passport was a gift from my elder brother and this thing is flawless it has no issues its been a month now and i don't think i have ever seen a better device although on very heavy use of andriod apps my rams gets about 95% used and the phone starts to get hot but i guess that's normal
    Agreed this is a solid phone and screen lifting I can't see being widespread. I'm guessing if your going to sit on it all day your going to have an issue. Because it's so solid people will be harder on it. Nature!

Only like problem I have is linking and opening a map from google search and the POYNT app. Messes up either stock or google maps and heats up badly. I am very annoyed by this one thing.

Posted via CB10
    05-17-15 07:38 AM
    Think this is a bogus attempt at slander.

Posted via CB10
    05-17-15 07:42 AM
    Well done, Poi on calling this sucker out. I also thought he was a Passport owner the way he's been going on. Perhaps he should be called Brain Surgeon instead of Trauma Surgeon...or more appropriately he may be in need of brain surgery.

-- Passport, VMO, Toronto CA
    05-17-15 04:39 PM