I think the OPs hub can be fixed but the basic point is valid. The browser on a Passport isn't tops, the android runtime (a selling point) is several generations behind, waiting for the assistant to start listening is interminable, and it takes two hands to do everything. Not to mention the fact that you can't swap the battery and it sits like a box of pop tarts in your pocket (I know, I knew that when I bought it). Fairly or not it also labels the owner as an ***** or a genius, with nothing in between Typing on it starts out great but can become a workout , the longer you type.

I have a Passport. I paid full price when they were expensive. I can see its shortcomings. On balance I like it and I miss the swipes, the incredible mics and speakers, and the best reception ever.

But it is now in a drawer, which is my version of a grave for cell phones.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    If you need two hands to do everything on a Passport, you're not doing it right, just sayin'

Messaging? Yeah. But the implication is that someone on an iPhone or Android device doesn't use two hands to message... UNLESS they have the BlackBerry VKB with swipe up on letters, lol.

Seriously? Your experience may vary, but I see the same two thumbs action at play *OR* the 'hunt and peck' method, with one hand holding the phone while the opposite hand's index finger pecks at the letters.

On all platforms. VKB or PKB, makes no difference.
    07-24-16 08:03 PM
    I owe it to my clients and the people I communicate with to use a great tool for that purpose. The Passport is King.
    07-24-16 09:32 PM
    If people don't need apps they are in denial?

Well get a Priv if you don't like your Passport.
    Preferably the PKB is better than pecking on a flat surface. And less irritating than swype typos.

The ease of BlackBerry browser over others is much better, and performs just as fast.
    How many times do you have to swype a screen to go from top to bottom of a Web page on android or IPhone? Me? None. T or B simply done.

And the UI can't be beat. Tap a home button, back button, or what ever you want to.
    Two swipes and I'm into all my messages.

Oh wait.....the Passport sucks. Because I don't waste my days away on mindless pointless apps.

Posted via CB10
    acovey likes this.
    07-24-16 09:51 PM
    My mindless, pointless apps are billing software that pays for my office, home and retirement, and a SIP phone that does the same. Neither of which work on a Passport.

I could probably do without the banking software. And the research software. And the ability to attach any document from our cloud storage or access in house reference materials.

Just sayin'.

Everyone uses their phones differently. But as a business phone the Passport, though I love it, has its shortcomings....just like everything else.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android (Priv)
    Last edited by CharlieV; 07-25-16 at 08:03 AM.
    07-24-16 09:58 PM
    My mindless, pointless apps are billing software that pays for my office, home and retirement, and a SIP phone that does the same. Neither of which work on a Passport.

Just sayin'

Devil's Advocate here, lol.

You're an entrepreneur / small business owner? And you're completely dependent on a mobile phone to run your business?

You're doing it wrong imho. Just sayin' =)
    07-24-16 10:05 PM
    Hahah. Very possible. But I've made it 25 years and I'm in the home stretch!

07-24-16 10:07 PM
    I'm a lawyer. But I own a few businesses and I don't have time for monkey business with a phone. The workarounds on the Passport and looking for old versions of apps got tedious to impossible.

Obviously a PKB is a must so, for me, the Priv was a godsend after years carrying two phones.

I agree that the Passport is the perfect communicator. But if you HAVE to do more (not want to, have to) it falls a little short.

Dunt Dunt Dunt likes this.
    07-24-16 10:09 PM
    Hahah. Very possible. But I've made it 25 years and I'm in the home stretch!

Well, then you have my congratulations! Well done, haha, and enjoy your retirement!

You're still doing it wrong if you depend on a mobile phone though, lol.

In all serious congrats for making it to the end! I'm envious, haha.
    07-24-16 10:10 PM
    I don't need to refresh my hub to get my emails.
    I don't get the issue with the browser, I still prefer the native BlackBerry 10 browser.
    I am not in denial, my Passport just works great.

Posted via CB10
    Zeratul57 likes this.
    07-24-16 11:17 PM
    We all get together every Wednesday at our awesome new club to discuss our latest passport denial...

Passport denial-club-denial1.jpeg

Posted via CB10
    Zeamoan_Beast likes this.
    07-24-16 11:57 PM
    "The ease of BlackBerry browser over others is much better, and performs just as fast. "

I have to dffer. The native BlackBerry browser is showing it's age, and it ain't pretty. I would have bailed out if weren't for QBrowser coupled with Zeus. The stock browser simply fails on some web sites, and is often really slow. I also understand BrowsieBrowser <spelling?> is also much better.

Posted via CB10
    07-25-16 01:26 AM
    I am using a Silver passport as a daily driver without problems. For my needs is great. It depends what you want it to do.
    One of the main reasons I am happy with it is that it comes with all the basic apps needed. I am not in denial, I am not paid by or working for BlackBerry. I am just a happy customer.
    There are a lot of things that can be improved but as it is it is doing everything I am asking from it.
    07-25-16 02:25 AM
    I think what it boils down to is: are there enough people for whom the Passport meets their needs/wants? Sadly, no, the answer is clear. ^r, at least, BlackBerry has done such a poor job of marketing it that people just don't know about it.

More sadly because for those who the Passport is the perfect tool, there is NO substitute. They can buy extras but the nature of today's cellular industry is such that, eventually, the devices will not have the right security or protocol or whatever.

Ultimately sad because even for people like me who love the Passport and BlackBerry DNA in bb10 phones and services, the cellular arms race takes me out of BlackBerry because keeping up with my competition (who can do more with their phones from a work and client service standpoint) means that I must do the same and am less happy as a result. If I am not careful, I am even less productive (because I never stared at the news on my BlackBerry or did anything ridiculous or frilly with it, but am always tempted to do so with the Android version).

IF BlackBerry could fix the Android runtime and interface with Google without a bunch of hacks, I could still imagine a resurgence, but I have a vivid imagination.

07-25-16 08:17 AM

IF BlackBerry could fix the Android runtime and interface with Google without a bunch of hacks, I could still imagine a resurgence, but I have a vivid imagination.

If BlackBerry did that, they would be breaking the law and stealing someone else's IP.

Sorry but it's GAME OVER, how many updates have you seen for BlackBerry LINK or Blend in the last year. How many updates for BMM and how is BBM cross platform compatibility? What did the developer release of 10.3.3 bring to BB10?

Passport was a unique form factor, and the most powerful BB10 phone ever made. Those that don't need many apps might be able to use it for year to come... enjoy it.
    07-25-16 09:53 AM
    It really is Palm all over again. Has been for awhile. Palm had a great device and similar care for its philosophy, but it went out of business anyway.

Palm even switched OSs, just like BlackBerry.

Maybe some members didn't have the pleasure of holding a Palm phone. Let me tell you, they were sweet!!!!

07-25-16 11:05 AM
    But hey I just read an article entitled "BlackBerry dead money or contrarian trend" that was really interesting.

I'd like to Hage s Note 7. Based on reports it is going to be wirhin striking distance of a Surface Pro 4. Would I rather have a Surface Pro 4 or a new Samsung Note 7, if I didn't already have a surface?

No comparison.

Also, for all of my trash talk about my Passport, I still use it every day. It works fine without a Sim card for everything but calling (I don't know whether it does Blackberry Messenger).

07-25-16 11:27 AM
    I cannot see why I am reading this thread. OK, Passport suks. Don't use it nor buy it.
    For the record, I am happy with my Passport.
    End of the story.
    If you're not, sell it.
    Stop complaining like a child.

Posted via CB10
    BKbehave likes this.
    07-25-16 11:59 AM
    I think what it boils down to is: are there enough people for whom the Passport meets their needs/wants? Sadly, no, the answer is clear. ^r, at least, BlackBerry has done such a poor job of marketing it that people just don't know about it.

More sadly because for those who the Passport is the perfect tool, there is NO substitute. They can buy extras but the nature of today's cellular industry is such that, eventually, the devices will not have the right security or protocol or whatever.

Ultimately sad because even for people like me who love the Passport and BlackBerry DNA in bb10 phones and services, the cellular arms race takes me out of BlackBerry because keeping up with my competition (who can do more with their phones from a work and client service standpoint) means that I must do the same and am less happy as a result. If I am not careful, I am even less productive (because I never stared at the news on my BlackBerry or did anything ridiculous or frilly with it, but am always tempted to do so with the Android version).

I mean it. There is no such a thing as a perfect phone.

Posted via CB10
    07-25-16 12:13 PM
    I cannot see why I am reading this thread. OK, Passport suks. Don't use it nor buy it.
    For the record, I am happy with my Passport.
    End of the story.
    If you're not, sell it.
    Stop complaining like a child.

Posted via CB10
    Leeling, I'm responding to comments. I'm not trying to convince anyone of anything. I'm not complaining.

I think you're missing context of the discussion, but to each his own.

07-25-16 01:21 PM
    Leeling, I'm responding to comments. I'm not trying to convince anyone of anything. I'm not complaining.

I think you're missing context of the discussion, but to each his own.

I am not replying to your post,but to the OP.
    Sorry for the misunderstanding.

Posted via CB10
    07-26-16 03:07 AM
    Ah, I misunderstood, too. No worries.

07-26-16 08:45 AM
    I just had my Passport SE 3 weeks ago and I love it! It works well.

Posted via CB10
    07-26-16 09:03 AM
    2X Passport owner, Int'l business traveler. I have no idea what OP is talking about.
    07-26-16 10:10 AM
    I just got my work and personal emails finally configured on the Hub with LED notifications and account colors customized. Greatest conglomeratoror of information flow ever!

Posted via CB10
    07-26-16 02:02 PM
    No issues here that wouldn't be expected of ANY man-made piece of equipment. Some have problems. Some don't.

I shouldn't expect that an experience that I'm having with a particular device indicates that it's pervasive. Some are, but EVERY popular device has it's quirks. Apple devices are the ones that I hear about the most in regards regards to inherent flaws whether they're design or software-related issues.

You didn't really provide a lot of context inside of your rant, either. Why not state ALL of the issues that your particular experience with your device has caused you to post a comment that is...vague, at best?

Great Krypton! This Passport is super!
    07-26-16 05:14 PM
55 123