So among all the end of the world stories it's good to sometimes hear when something works. A friend of mine was desperate to send a quick thank you note in another language and asked for my help. Usually I would ask for an email, fire up a computer, get the mail, translate it and send it back. This time I wondered if I could do the same more quickly from my Passport; the answer is yes.

• Friend sends original text on BBM; open google translator in Browser, paste text, copy rough translation.
    • Open Docs to go, create new Doc, paste rough translation.
    • Refine translation using the physical keyboard and cursor (in this case about half the google translation was useful). Copy refined translation, paste into BBM. Done!

Enjoy your Passport.
    93Aero likes this.
    10-13-16 06:23 PM
    The passport truly is a handheld computer.

Posted via CB10
    10-13-16 06:37 PM
    That's great that it worked, however, IMHO, it seems like you had many more steps to go through using the Passport than your original idea to do it from your computer. Just my $.02 worth.
    10-13-16 06:38 PM
    So among all the end of the world stories it's good to sometimes hear when something works. A friend of mine was desperate to send a quick thank you note in another language and asked for my help. Usually I would ask for an email, fire up a computer, get the mail, translate it and send it back. This time I wondered if I could do the same more quickly from my Passport; the answer is yes.

• Friend sends original text on BBM; open google translator in Browser, paste text, copy rough translation.
    • Open Docs to go, create new Doc, paste rough translation.
    • Refine translation using the physical keyboard and cursor (in this case about half the google translation was useful). Copy refined translation, paste into BBM. Done!

Enjoy your Passport.
    Or you could have used the TAO translater app from BBW.
    Much more quicker than going to the Web.

Posted via The Black Beast-  P A S S P O R T | OG
    10-13-16 10:30 PM