05-08-15 03:37 AM
155 ... 4567
tools
    Finished my first phone call on my new Passport.
    Duration 2 Minutes.
    Feeling: like holding a brick to the ear
    Suggestion: Well seems more like a Computer than a Telefone.
    Will I do calls again: probably not

Posted via CB10
    The first couple of times having a non-speaker-phone call on my Passport felt a little strange for me too - but you soon get used to it. (Most of my calls, eg 1-4 hours per day, are using the Passport in speaker-phone mode, or attached to the Parrot in the car).
    05-07-15 03:19 PM
    there is an expression in Turkey that i like: "Don't feed the troll"
    05-07-15 03:23 PM
    Is it just me? I actually don't mind it for calls one bit. I use it all the time for calls.

Posted via CB10
    05-07-15 03:24 PM
    Duration 2 Minutes.

Posted via CB10
    Ear buds or blue tooth! Other than that the sound and all is fine, right?
    05-07-15 03:49 PM
    Even if the weight bothered me I'd keep the PP for the signal strength and call clarity. I have been disappointed in Blackberry's app situation so I bought an Xperia Z3 dual sim to try android a couple weeks ago. Android has definitely come a long way and I enjoyed the app availability, but was having trouble with calls dropping.

So yesterday I downloaded the Signal blackberry app and compared the signal strength to the Z3 and there is always a 25+ dBm stronger signal on the Passport.

I had my son check his android phone and same thing--his signal strength was as weak as the Z3.

Nobody's iPhone or Android can get a good signal in our basement, but the Passport doesn't have that problem.

I do wish I could use my business banking app on the Passport but after realizing the signal difference I gave the Z3 to my son and will stick with the Passport.

It could weigh twice what it does and I'd still use it.

Posted via CB10
    05-07-15 04:04 PM
    After about 2 minutes of this my ears is all hot already. I don't know how people do this.
    Someone was talking about you.

Posted via CB10
    05-07-15 04:12 PM
    Do you even lift?

Posted via CB10
    05-07-15 04:19 PM
    Duration 2 Minutes.

Posted via CB10
    The fact that it has one of the best reception, and the best sound quality that i've ever heard compared to any other phone in the market, doesn't really matter... what a terrible thread...

I have very small hands compared to the average Men, and I can hold the passport with no problem at all.
    05-07-15 04:25 PM
    Never had any problems with Passport and holding it during phone calls. It is a bit wider but hardly any problem for me. Sound quality is the best I even heard, top of the line of high end phones.
    05-07-15 04:32 PM
    Vidavida says ? No it is not. 196 g is more than 172 {iphone vs Blackberry)
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    you mean the weight , you talking about 24 gram. really 24 gram and that is unbelievable what a steel frame can do and still 196 gram. O dear my BlackBerry Passport is just better build and i still fits in one hand and i can lift an extra 24 gram .

Amazing Nuttly feeling to think about 24 , 24 , 24 ,24 or 24 and 24 and writing down 24 everywhere on walls, floor on the street everywhere.I thinkt there is a movie about that......

Passport definitively not for phone calls...-24.jpg
    05-07-15 04:52 PM
    Did you come to that conclusion after one 2 minute phone call as well? To me, the OP sounds like a quick to judge, resistant to change, and jump to conclusions type of guy, not someone who's willing to give something new a chance.

I may be wrong though.

Had he titled the thread differently and posted an account after a month of testing and experimentation, I think most would have responded differently.

Again, I may be wrong.

BlackBizzle my nizzle
    Naw, i did not bother making even 1 phone call. Forwarded calls to my Z10 instead. Was afraid getting written up after dropping this ridiculously shaped, should I say misshaped, monstrosity, and scratching it.
    Last edited by Russkii33; 05-07-15 at 05:17 PM.
    05-07-15 05:05 PM
    Your Sir are a paid troll since this month or your self esteem just hit rock bottum . By the way an Apple 6plus is more a brick then the smal square tile like the BlackBerry Passport .
    Attachment 351669
    Bottom? You passed math though. 194 IS indeed greater then 172
    05-07-15 05:09 PM
    Duration 2 Minutes.

Posted via CB10
    Who uses phones for phone calls anymore?
    05-07-15 05:43 PM
    Seriously? There are so many huge phones - the passport is not alone in this regard. Nexus 6,Note 4, G4, etc. All huge but who cares what it looks like when you're on the phone?
    The Passport is the widest of all these devices and it is width that matters. It's actually wider than some of these devices by a wide margin.

G4 76.1 mm vs. Passport 90.3 mm
    05-07-15 05:44 PM
    Dude it sounds like this isn't the right phone for you. Move on to other things.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    05-07-15 05:52 PM
    I hold this beast to my head proudly. It's not a delicate flower placed behind the ear as some sort of fashion accessory. It's more of an M1A1. It is what it is and not what it isn't for a reason. (yes, I pushed the envelope a little bit there, forgive me. It must be the Red Bull talking)

BleedBlk-
    05-07-15 06:00 PM
    Yes it's awkward for talking however it's like having an IPad with a phone. Great for reading!

Posted via CB10
    05-07-15 06:18 PM
    These posts kill me...
    05-07-15 08:31 PM
    Get a flip phone!

Posted via CB10
    05-07-15 08:33 PM
    I don't have a problem with it. People just stare in awe. It's also cute when my son (1year old) holds it to talk to mom because he can hold it with one hand to his ear.

What is that?! That my friend is my BlackBerry Passport.
    05-07-15 08:41 PM
    I rarely hold a phone to my ear anymore. Bluetooth anyone?
    05-07-15 08:53 PM
    Same...no calling issues, it's a big phone, you will adapt, if not get a headset..i have said it before, everything is a compromise and it's easier for an individual to adapt slightly tha BlackBerry to try and meet everyone's needs. Get a Classic or Z30 or Leap and stop with the trivial "problems". Sorry...I'm in a grumpy mood!

Posted via CB10
    05-07-15 08:59 PM
    Hey you are entitled to your opinion. Absolutely.

But..... Ummmmm.... I am speechless.... so you would suggest buying an iPhone 6 and that the lighter weight help with calls?

Then enjoy the agony of a device that only lasts about 8 hours under heavy use. Passport easily lasts a day and half. See how carting extra chargers around weighs you down, or frantically looking for a place to charge it. I know because I watched my father endure that. He has a passport now and has never looked back.

I know she is a BIG phone, but enjoy it for what it is, a workhorse, and like any workhorse, it will never let you down, until it's dead. Hahaha!

Posted via CB10
    I own a passport and sorry bro. It doesn't last a day and a half under heavy use for everyone. Mines lucky to make 8 hrs. Not everyone lives in a city with awesome reception so signal searching eats the Passport. Even with great signal I'd like to see what your idea of "heavy use" is.

Posted via CB10
    05-07-15 09:02 PM
    That's why I have a bluetooth stereo headset paired with the Passport at all times.

But if need be it works just fine as a phone.

Posted via CB10
    05-07-15 09:05 PM
    I guess the sarcasm alert didn't work.
    Oh really? : ) Nah, I was just making fun of the "sarcasm alert" because the post was so obviously a joke.

Posted via CB10
    05-07-15 11:23 PM
155 ... 4567