I actually think the OP has a point. Even though it is not that bad to make phone calls, it's certainly not the most ergonomic phone.

I use my BlackBerry to actually call people quite often and I occasionally engage in phone calls of 2+ hours duration. It's not horrible but it does get uncomfortable after a while. Additionally (I know it sounds weird) I sometimes struggle to properly align the speaker with my ear due to the wide frame of the Passport.

Frankly, the Classic will probably do a lot better for phone calls, mostly for its lighter and more compact design. The Passport works of course and call quality is exceptionally good but the form factor does impair comfort for me, especially during longer calls.

Posted via CB10
    05-07-15 12:28 AM
    I use my BlackBerry to actually call people quite often and I occasionally engage in phone calls of 2+ hours duration. It's not horrible but it does get uncomfortable after a while. Additionally (I know it sounds weird) I sometimes struggle to properly align the speaker with my ear due to the wide frame of the Passport.
    Regardless of size or weight of phone, there's no way I'm holding a device up to my head for an entire 2 hour conversation.
    anon(2313227) likes this.
    05-07-15 12:33 AM
    Wow, two hours+

I would say that for calls longer than 15min, try to use a land-line, minimize that SAR risks...just sayin'

Posted via CB10
    05-07-15 12:37 AM
    I highly recommend this,

https://forums.crackberry.com/e?link...token=233iCVF4

The carrying case will even charge it!

Posted via CB10
    05-07-15 12:40 AM
    Wow, two hours+

I would say that for calls longer than 15min, try to use a land-line, minimize that SAR risks...just sayin'

Posted via CB10
    Well I mostly don't have this option...
    It's not that I would make such phone calls every day but it happens.

Posted via CB10
    05-07-15 12:41 AM
    Glad I don't have ur passportAttachment 351555 Three here that work fine
    So drunk you're seeing triples!
    mikedolo likes this.
    05-07-15 01:43 AM
    You should rename your title to 'Passport definitively not for Me for phone calls.
    I will admit the first few times it felt strange but when I pickup my wife's Z10 it feels so small now compare to my Passport.
    05-07-15 04:24 AM
    No matter what phone I've used in the last 13 years or so I've used a BT device or connected ear set. Driving a standard shift car certainly made holding a phone a pain in the a$$. Never was good at juggling.

Read the first post! Did you even do a search?!
    Posted using my BlackBerry Passport.
    05-07-15 04:53 AM
    I use the speaker phone mostly and it's great. Personally I have medium hands and the Passport is a bit large to hold and talk on it. Truth be told, I much prefer talking on my cordless home phone, it's more comfortable than a Bluetooth earpiece or any cell phone I've had for the last few years.

I remember the first time I saw an Asian girl talking on a phablet. Boy it looks stupid, almost like holding my Playbook up to my head to talk.
    05-07-15 05:59 AM
    I can kinda see OP's point. I have tiny girlie hands. If I were to get a Passport I'd slap a sturdy case on it and that would make it even wider. I'm not confident that I could grip it comfortably with one hand during a phone call. I'm curious now. I've only played with the Passport in the store. I might have to borrow my friend's Passport to see how it feels!
    05-07-15 07:27 AM
    The critical statements are personal opinions we need to fully respect. And they do not merit a debate as BlackBerry Passport is what it is. You like it or you dislike it. There it ends.

Posted via CB10
    05-07-15 07:42 AM
    Two different threads, same basic theme. yes we get it, You don't like the Passport. But it's no reason to make thread after thread after thread about your dissatisfaction. We get it.
    wincyUt and will308 like this.
    05-07-15 07:54 AM
    While some may complain it's awkward to hold while on a call, there's no denying the call quality -- mic, speaker and speakerphone are all top notch. It's unbelievable how some of these other "highend" smartphones are subpar in this area.

Posted via CB10
    05-07-15 08:21 AM
    After about 2 minutes of this my ears is all hot already. I don't know how people do this.
    Regardless of size or weight of phone, there's no way I'm holding a device up to my head for an entire 2 hour conversation.
    05-07-15 08:23 AM
    Finished my first phone call on my new Passport.
    Duration 2 Minutes.
    Feeling: like holding a brick to the ear
    Suggestion: Well seems more like a Computer than a Telefone.
    Will I do calls again: probably not

Posted via CB10
    Telefone?

Sad to hear you are not capable of using a passport.

Via CB10 from Scotland using PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.500
    05-07-15 08:37 AM
    Finished my first phone call on my new Passport.
    Duration 2 Minutes.
    Feeling: like holding a brick to the ear
    Suggestion: Well seems more like a Computer than a Telefone.
    Will I do calls again: probably not

Posted via CB10
    Dude, I defended you in your other thread, but this is ridiculous. Two threads in a row is a bit much.

Besides that, the Passport is like a mini conference phone. It has the best call quality and speaker phone that I've ever experienced. To say it's not for phone calls because it's awkward on the go is missing the point. It's probably the best phone call maker on the market.

Posted via CB10
    05-07-15 08:45 AM
    I guess the size is not for everyone. When I made my first phone call on my passport, I found it odd to hold and talk on, but after having my PP for a while now, I actually don't mind it at all. My 9 year old thinks it's cool to hold and talk on. When I talk on anything else now, it feels too small and odd to be honest. So in response to the subject of this post, I would disagree that Passports are definitely for phone calls...but I would agree that it's not for everyone. May want to test holding it to your ear before buying it, but then again, I didn't care for it the first time, but definitely grew to like it.
    05-07-15 08:54 AM
    I am fortunate that most of the time I'm on the phone, I'm in my home office and simply put it on speaker phone. The consensus from the people I talk to is that the quality of the speaker phone call is excellent. Other times, I'll be on speaker phone while I'm driving, and likewise I don't believe I've ever had anyone say they couldn't hear me properly or comment about the quality of the reception.

I don't hold the phone up to my ear often but I don't find it any more awkward than holding up an iPhone 6+ or a Galaxy Note 4 up to my ear for a phone call.
    05-07-15 08:56 AM
    I can kinda see OP's point. I have tiny girlie hands. If I were to get a Passport I'd slap a sturdy case on it and that would make it even wider. I'm not confident that I could grip it comfortably with one hand during a phone call. I'm curious now. I've only played with the Passport in the store. I might have to borrow my friend's Passport to see how it feels!
    I too have small girly hands. It seems strange to hold the phone the very first time. Once the phone no longer looks weird to you, it's just a normal thing. Hold it by the edges, pinky under the bottom of the phone (all this with a big case on it too).

Actually if you put your pinky under the bottom of the phone, you barely have to grip the phone. The springyness of your fingers just sort of clamps it in your hand.

Posted via CB10
    pantlesspenguin likes this.
    05-07-15 09:03 AM
    My only challenge with the Passport as a hand held phone is that the screen size makes it easy for my ear or cheek to mute a call or sometimes end a call while holding the phone. I notice this behaviour in warm/hot environments (probably caused by small amounts of sweat) and more so than my Z30. If I am on a long call, I use speakerphone or an headset.

The passport has excellent call quality.
    05-07-15 09:10 AM
    Passport is just fine for phone calls

Posted via CB10
    05-07-15 09:30 AM
    Sarcasm alert.....

If we could only go back in time to when phones were lighter and easier to hold for long calls.......

wincyUt likes this.
    05-07-15 09:37 AM
    No issues with using the PP as a phone. Have to admit that I don't like it sitting in a shell so using it 'naked' most of the time.

 Posted via CB10 from my Passport SQW100-1/10.3.1.2576
    05-07-15 09:54 AM
    I too have small girly hands. It seems strange to hold the phone the very first time. Once the phone no longer looks weird to you, it's just a normal thing. Hold it by the edges, pinky under the bottom of the phone (all this with a big case on it too).

Actually if you put your pinky under the bottom of the phone, you barely have to grip the phone. The springyness of your fingers just sort of clamps it in your hand.

Posted via CB10
    I was imagining the pinky at the bottom with the rest of my fingers pressing it to my face and being stabilized with my thumb, if that makes sense.
    05-07-15 10:08 AM
    Simple solution get a bluetooth or use the headphone for your phone calls.
    05-07-15 10:37 AM
155 ... 23456 ...