Which phone? ;-)

Posted via CB10
    05-06-15 06:17 PM
    I use it for calls all the time & I can't see how big it is while I'm holding up to my ear. I actually use the speaker most often & ear phones when in public. I try to limit instances of putting any phone to my ear...just in case!

Posted via BlackBerry Passport via CB10
    anon(9353145) likes this.
    05-06-15 06:32 PM
    When I first got my Note 3, I felt like I was holding a phone book up to my head. When I pulled it out at my companies first strategy meeting, my partner picked up his laptop and pressed it against his head and continued to make fun of me having a phone that is so big. But I got used to it. It's not hard to make calls on. I am sure the pp is heavier than a note, but it just takes getting used to. I am sure the OP will get used to it.

Posted via CB10
    05-06-15 06:33 PM
    I use it for calls all the time & I can't see how big it is while I'm holding up to my ear. I actually use the speaker most often & ear phones when in public. I try to limit instances of putting any phone to my ear...just in case!

Posted via BlackBerry Passport via CB10
    So I'm not the only one that worries about that, lol.

Using it on speakerphone is awesome though, no? Best phone I've ever owned for that particular use, imho. When I'm home that's the only way I use it. Hands free all the way!
    kthhrrsn likes this.
    05-06-15 06:46 PM
    If I had a call every half our and had to call around almost as much with several emails to reply to then a classic would for sure be easier and faster to throw around the pockets. I think that was the point. Constant extreme phone and email really needs to be easy to grad and put away. I can understand the Passport may not be easy for heavy used pockets.

Posted from a Z30. Get one!
    05-06-15 06:56 PM
    Perhaps if you spent some time lifting weights you would develop the upper body strength to use the Passport as a phone...
    05-06-15 07:15 PM
    Perhaps if you spent some time lifting weights you would develop the upper body strength to use the Passport as a phone...
    I just bicep curl my Passport.

Ohh, it's the deep burn. Oh, it's so deep. Oh, I can barely lift my right arm 'cause I did so many. I don't know if you heard me counting. I did over a thousand.

Posted via CB10
    05-06-15 07:33 PM
    I just bicep curl my Passport.

Ohh, it's the deep burn. Oh, it's so deep. Oh, I can barely lift my right arm 'cause I did so many. I don't know if you heard me counting. I did over a thousand.

Posted via CB10
    Lol.
    05-06-15 07:35 PM
    If it's a challenge buy a Bluetooth, that's what I use for my Passport and Classic, I'm a truck driver.

Posted via CB10
    05-06-15 07:48 PM
    Hey you are entitled to your opinion. Absolutely.

But..... Ummmmm.... I am speechless.... so you would suggest buying an iPhone 6 and that the lighter weight help with calls?

Then enjoy the agony of a device that only lasts about 8 hours under heavy use. Passport easily lasts a day and half. See how carting extra chargers around weighs you down, or frantically looking for a place to charge it. I know because I watched my father endure that. He has a passport now and has never looked back.

I know she is a BIG phone, but enjoy it for what it is, a workhorse, and like any workhorse, it will never let you down, until it's dead. Hahaha!

Posted via CB10
    iphone 6 Plus battery lasts as long as the Passport and weigh much less
    05-06-15 07:50 PM
    You will get used to it. Unless you don't have big hands. I have very big hands so it feels great!
    I have small hands. I actually like it better than my Z10. Can hear everything crystal clear.

Posted via CB10
    05-06-15 08:06 PM
    iphone 6 Plus battery lasts as long as the Passport and weigh much less
    iPhone 6 Plus much bigger than Passport so look even more ridiculous next to ear, lol.
    05-06-15 08:14 PM
    I don't think the IPhone 6 or 6 plus battery last longer than the Passport at all lol.

Posted via CB10
    05-06-15 08:24 PM
    Passport is my daily driver for calls and internet browsing ... You can exchange it with something else suitable for you.
    05-06-15 08:35 PM
    Passport is my first mega phone. I usually having 4.2" screen mobile phone since I believe that this is the ideal size of a mobile phone - both for calling and being a true mobile device. That is why I love my Z10 in spite of battery lifespan issue and slow (if not laggy) action. And I used it for more than 2 years. Then I waited for its successor but waited too long and end up getting the Passport instead.

Then I realised something - with Z10, I always using my mobile phone to call but with Passport, my usage in reading and surfing internet increases. I still use my Passport for calling (since I maintain only one mobile device for communication) but I read and surf internet more often than when I'm having Z10 or any mobile phones having 4.2".

Using Passport for 'calling' may be awkward to some people because of its size (and for other so-called mega mobile phones too) but when you use it more than 'calling', you will realise its value more than 'calling' and probably endure the awkwardness. Otherwise, if you still find yourself using the Passport more on 'calling', you probably don't need mega-size phone and better to stick on mobile phone size that will give you the feeling of 'suitability' and 'comfort' when calling.

Posted via CB10
    jhanks64 likes this.
    05-06-15 08:51 PM
    $250 fine here in Alberta for distracted driving, use bluetooth or pull over and put it on speakerphone, your header is sensationalism.
    wincyUt likes this.
    05-06-15 09:18 PM
    Finished my first phone call on my new Passport.
    Duration 2 Minutes.
    Feeling: like holding a brick to the ear
    Suggestion: Well seems more like a Computer than a Telefone.
    Will I do calls again: probably not

Posted via CB10
    Headset? Speakerphone?
    torco3 likes this.
    05-06-15 09:23 PM
    $250 fine here in Alberta for distracted driving, use bluetooth or pull over and put it on speakerphone
    Big penalty in Ontario for it too. Too bad a lot of people don't seem to care. Their calls and texts are far more important than the lives of everyone else on the road.

I see it on the highway every morning. :-S
    wincyUt likes this.
    05-06-15 09:24 PM
    Thanks OP...I've been speculating on getting a red pp..but reluctant of its size, since I am more into smaller phones (Classic, Z3 Compact, etc)

Now that you said it does feel like a brick, I will pass and wait for the PP specs to be housed in the Classic 2

Posted via CB10
    05-06-15 09:26 PM
    Finished my first phone call on my new Passport.
    Duration 2 Minutes.
    Feeling: like holding a brick to the ear
    Suggestion: Well seems more like a Computer than a Telefone.
    Will I do calls again: probably not

Posted via CB10
    Reactions:
    1) What???
    2) Have you used a Z Ultra? Or better yet, a 7"+ tablet for wifi calling?
    3) Have you heard of wired and bluetooth headsets? I know they're so new almost no one uses them, but.....
    05-06-15 09:28 PM
    I love the added weight of the phone for calling. Heavier phones are just nicer to hold I find. However I still usually talk on the phone with my headphones on.... Anyone else scared of brain tumors?

Why aren't you on a Passport? 
    05-06-15 09:44 PM
    Thanks OP...I've been speculating on getting a red pp..but reluctant of its size, since I am more into smaller phones (Classic, Z3 Compact, etc)

Now that you said it does feel like a brick, I will pass and wait for the PP specs to be housed in the Classic 2

Posted via CB10
    Are you waiting for a RED Classic?
    05-06-15 10:05 PM
    To an extent I do get what the OP is saying. But for a two minute call, you wouldn't notice it. I once made a three hour call, and after the call I did feel the discomfort in my hand. But ten, thirty and even one hour calls are ok. Any calls above one hour is actually rare for me.

I also once did a two hour call in my previous phone (Samsung S5), and I didn't feel any discomfort after the call.

For the Passport, I think it's a combination of it's weight and width and square edges that makes long calls uncomfortable.

Would I make phone calls in my Passport? Of course, I've been doing so since October 2014. Would I make long calls? Maybe I'd use my headset for that.

So I do get the OP to some extent. But to say the Passport is not for calling is an overstatement.

Posted via CB10
    SunshineStateFlyer likes this.
    05-06-15 10:40 PM
    Uhm I don't have a problem holding it for talking long term. I think it's awesome actually and the sound quality is super clear.

Posted via CB10
    05-06-15 10:55 PM
    no problem here ...................maybe its not the phone that's the problem ?
    anon(9188202) likes this.
    05-07-15 12:23 AM
155 12345 ...