Finished my first phone call on my new Passport.
    Duration 2 Minutes.
    Feeling: like holding a brick to the ear
    Suggestion: Well seems more like a Computer than a Telefone.
    Will I do calls again: probably not

Posted via CB10
    05-06-15 02:42 PM
    Yes definitely not for phone calls
    Yes definitely for space rocket!!!

 Diplomatic Passport 
    05-06-15 02:44 PM
    Duration 2 Minutes.

Posted via CB10
    Low-----

Sent from my Passport
    05-06-15 02:44 PM
    "Definitely"
    I do not think this word means what you think it means.

You ever see a 120 lbs Asian woman with a phablet for phone? It is the size of her head. I see this at least once a week in my area.

Posted via CB10
    05-06-15 02:46 PM
    I am not sure if I mean that.
    You need to ask my BlackBerry auto writing mode.

...but I am sure you know what I meant. ;-)
    05-06-15 02:57 PM
    I feel it works just fine as a phone. Use it all the time.

Posted via CB10
    05-06-15 02:59 PM
    Depends on the duration of your call!?

Posted via CB10
    05-06-15 03:01 PM
    Hey you are entitled to your opinion. Absolutely.

But..... Ummmmm.... I am speechless.... so you would suggest buying an iPhone 6 and that the lighter weight help with calls?

Then enjoy the agony of a device that only lasts about 8 hours under heavy use. Passport easily lasts a day and half. See how carting extra chargers around weighs you down, or frantically looking for a place to charge it. I know because I watched my father endure that. He has a passport now and has never looked back.

I know she is a BIG phone, but enjoy it for what it is, a workhorse, and like any workhorse, it will never let you down, until it's dead. Hahaha!

Posted via CB10
    05-06-15 03:05 PM
    Only your opinion

Posted via CB10
    Blackerthanblack and alb101 like this.
    05-06-15 03:05 PM
    Seriously? There are so many huge phones - the passport is not alone in this regard. Nexus 6,Note 4, G4, etc. All huge but who cares what it looks like when you're on the phone?
    05-06-15 03:06 PM
    I know she is a BIG phone, but enjoy it for what it is, a workhorse, and like any workhorse, it will never let you down, until it's dead. Hahaha!

I have never said it would not be a good phone?!
    But doing calls is pain no matter how long battery lasts or rock solid it is - and it is really rock solid!!

Posted via CB10
    djtim likes this.
    05-06-15 03:09 PM
    Love my passport works great for calls, Crystal clear and I don't mind holding it against my ear cause I'm not a 5 year old kid. I have enough arm strength built up to be able to hold it

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by habs_fan; 05-06-15 at 03:53 PM.
    05-06-15 03:10 PM
    Love making calls on my Passport in public. I'm representing Team BlackBerry!

BBM Channel C0001F285
    wincyUt likes this.
    05-06-15 03:10 PM

I have never said it would not be a good phone?!
    But doing calls is pain no matter how long battery lasts or rock solid it is - and it is really rock solid!!

Posted via CB10
    Just be glad you are not in an apple forum. You might have been banned for make sensationalist comments about the almighty iPhone. Hahaha!

In the future though, you might title your heading with "Why my Passport is not good for making phone calls" as it sounds less "final" and definitive as your title made it seem like a HUGE problem, but your was just a BIG problem. LOL!

Posted via CB10
    BlackBerry Wine likes this.
    05-06-15 03:17 PM
    Love my passport works great for calls, Crystal clear and I don't mind holding it against my ear cause I'm not a 5 year old kid. I have enough army strength built up to be able to hold it

Posted via CB10
    Hopefully....200g is less than a cup of coffee!

Posted via CB10
    torco3 likes this.
    05-06-15 03:18 PM
    Size "does" matter !...
    anon(55900) likes this.
    05-06-15 03:25 PM
    OP, did you have only paper phones till now?

I use my Passport for calls lasting up to one hour and I have never encountered any difficulty whatsoever. Don't compare it to candy bar craps, compare it to phablets.
    My HTC Touch Pro in 2011, before I switched to BlackBerry weighed 170 grams and that was a brick, as the weight wasn't as evenly distributed as with the Passport.
    Every time I see a man complaining about this phone I get gray hairs. If women and teenagers can handle it, why can't you? Have you done some prior research before actually purchasing it or have you just bought it on a whim?
    I'm a professor, I have to keep in touch with family, friends, students, coworkers and the Passport is my primary device. I've decided to order one only after doing my research, as I always do when I buy a phone, as I hate contracts and I'm buying them outright. Why haven't you done the same?
    Anyway, I'm 26 years old and I look 18. My hands aren't huge and I still manage to place calls with ease. It's also about HOW YOU HOLD IT. Have you considered practicing multiple grip styles? This is not a candybar phone. Go in Apple land, they certainly must have something for you!
    05-06-15 03:32 PM
    This is, IMO, one of the main differences between the AT&T version and the original. The AT&T has flat edges that make if way more comfortable to hold in the hand.

I used to have the original, however I feel a lot more comfortable holding the AT&T one!

Posted via CB10
    05-06-15 03:42 PM
    Well how can you know what my buying process is like?

Anyway - all I said was that it is not really good for phone calls - no matter, with whom I may have to stay in contact or how much pre research I do before I buy something...and even no matter what's the weather like.

Relax. If you manage it so what!? Congrats! Good for you and all the best for you and your Smartphone / Phablet what ever. Deal? ;-)

Posted via CB10
    Smply_Rckless likes this.
    05-06-15 03:44 PM
    Passport definitively not for phone calls...-1310428943001.jpg

Via Pasta CB10
    byex, dave gomez, wincyUt and 2 others like this.
    05-06-15 03:47 PM
    It is 2015, there is a magical technology call Bluetooth headsets that came out in ancient tech time that works really well. and you don't look like a moron as most do driving and holding onto their phone with one hand even if it is the size of an iphone 4.
    05-06-15 03:48 PM
    Probably showing my age, but in ancient times we used to make phone calls in our own homes using a device which was connected by wire! It was massive, and was long enough to go from your mouth to your ear. They were heavy, but we could still talk for hours. The PP is a dream compared with that ancient technology. :^)

Posted via CB10
    05-06-15 03:50 PM
    I talk on my Passport almost as much as I use all of the other fantastic features it offers.

Love it!!!! It's the best device I've ever had!!

Posted via CB10
    05-06-15 03:51 PM
    Duration 2 Minutes.

Posted via CB10
    I would say not the best for phone calls, I definitely prefer to make calls from my Nexus 5, not just because of the size, the way the earphone is placed just sits funny, but the earphone volume is quite bad, I never seem to hear people on the other end very well. But where the Nexus fails in the smart department and efficiency, the PP rules!
    Well how can you know what my buying process is like?

Anyway - all I said was that it is not really good for phone calls - no matter, with whom I may have to stay in contact or how much pre research I do before I buy something...and even no matter what's the weather like.

Relax. If you manage it so what!? Congrats! Good for you and all the best for you and your Smartphone / Phablet what ever. Deal? ;-)

Posted via CB10
    Plan B? Q10?

Posted via CB10
155 123 ...