What Blackberry should do is provide a definitive cause and solution so whatever has failed can be replaced. Also, without knowing the cause, how can you buy another Passport (if you really like the phone, which I do) which might have the same issue, again without a known cause or fix.

I'm fairly certain replacing the motherboard will solve the problem but it would be nice to know what the original issue was to provide some confidence of device's future stability.
    They may not even know the cause of the problem and they're not wasting any money to find out. They don't care if you buy another Passport or PRIV for that matter. Like an ex-girlfriend, they've moved on. If there's no profit involved, there's no incentives to push them.
    09-06-17 03:45 PM
    Exactly sorry to say but this is the risk we all take if we are going to cling to the BB10 platform. We've all known that for awhile. They are not going to spend any resources on solving the issues of a dead device. Sad cause I loved the passport. I'm using a classic right now and I just bought a leap! I took the risk knowing both these devices will no longer be supported but I am with BB10 till the end!

Posted via CB10
    09-06-17 04:26 PM
    Exactly sorry to say but this is the risk we all take if we are going to cling to the BB10 platform. We've all known that for awhile. They are not going to spend any resources on solving the issues of a dead device. Sad cause I loved the passport. I'm using a classic right now and I just bought a leap! I took the risk knowing both these devices will no longer be supported but I am with BB10 till the end!

Posted via CB10
    How many resources would it take to simply identify the cause ? I'm not requesting Blackberry take any action for out of warranty devices (although that would be what a company looking to inspire customer loyalty would do) but to look at the hardware or software and tell us how to fix this.

Right now, these devices are in a sort of limbo because no third party repairer is going to replace a part without some confirmation it will resolve the problem. I suspect Blackberry is reluctant to disclose they sold a bunch of bad motherboards and knows the problem will resolve itself as it dissipates over time.

But do they really think those affected customers will buy a Keyone or any Blackberry device after this ?
    09-09-17 11:30 AM
    Everyone of those customers for the most part will buy the keyone. You simply can't expect support from a dead OS. And I love the OS but none of this lack of action bothers me because business is business that's how the world works. They are not going put money and resources into keeping a relative small amount of bb10 users happy.
    09-09-17 12:06 PM
    Maybe hacking damage.

Sent from one of my SE Passports using BB10 superior software.
    09-10-17 09:06 AM
    How many resources would it take to simply identify the cause ? I'm not requesting Blackberry take any action for out of warranty devices (although that would be what a company looking to inspire customer loyalty would do) but to look at the hardware or software and tell us how to fix this.

Right now, these devices are in a sort of limbo because no third party repairer is going to replace a part without some confirmation it will resolve the problem. I suspect Blackberry is reluctant to disclose they sold a bunch of bad motherboards and knows the problem will resolve itself as it dissipates over time.

But do they really think those affected customers will buy a Keyone or any Blackberry device after this ?
    They don't care. They're not making devices anymore..
    09-10-17 01:59 PM
    Was about to place a order on a passport when I read about this problem. Never had a BB, sick of google spying on me and I've tried a iphone and its not my thing. Can only really afford the passport or a priv. Want the wide screen and non slide out / wider keyboard on the passport.

Should I not buy one because of this problem? I will most likely only have 30 days to return and I dont want to spend 100-150 to have it last only a couple months. How common is this and is it more or less common on some versions of the phone? (Std/Silver Edition etc)
    09-17-17 03:22 PM
    not that common.

Posted via CBX
    09-17-17 08:16 PM
    My Passport SE was rock solid until I let it fall in a creek but I'm waiting on a replacement screen. Hopefully that's the only thing wrong with it. It powers on but the screen is apparently not working correctly. The speaker works because I had an app that alerts when the battery gets to a certain percentage. Other than that I have no idea what works and doesn't. I miss my PP SE, Folks wish me luck!

Posted via CB10
    09-17-17 09:29 PM
    Was about to place a order on a passport when I read about this problem. Never had a BB, sick of google spying on me and I've tried a iphone and its not my thing. Can only really afford the passport or a priv. Want the wide screen and non slide out / wider keyboard on the passport.

Should I not buy one because of this problem? I will most likely only have 30 days to return and I dont want to spend 100-150 to have it last only a couple months. How common is this and is it more or less common on some versions of the phone? (Std/Silver Edition etc)
    I'm not sure how common this issue is but it appears to be growing in numbers. This does not seem to be a software issue but hardware related. It's possible a certain production run of logic boards are the only devices affected, but at this point we just don't know. I can't really advise you on buying or not, but until this issue is identified and a fix is known, I'd be very reluctant.
    09-18-17 03:16 PM
    Decided to try my luck. Got the ATT version for wireless charging.
    09-19-17 01:44 AM
    ... My Passport died on he day I could not perform a basic Blackberry function,....and that is,...backup my device! :-(
    09-20-17 07:48 AM
37 12