One of the big problems I have with remoting to a server to administering it is the lack of keyboard with current, phones.

To type, they usually have a virtual keyboard which you need to use which takes up most of the screen.

It looks like the Passport could solve that with a large screen and keyboard. How many "phones" can do that?
    06-19-14 04:05 PM
    this is why i want it lol as a systems admin/infrastructure guy i need to have the screen and kb work together for me.
    06-19-14 04:09 PM
    I hadn't even thought of this. Well, I guess that does it, i need this phone lol. I've done remote desktop with a tablet, and the all-touch approach works at 7+ inch screen size, but it's annoying having a keyboard in the middle of your desktop.

Posted via CB10
    06-20-14 10:09 AM
    I just want a PlayBook 2 + the Passport.

Posted via z30 STA100-5 the only high end business device on the market
    06-20-14 10:10 AM
    If the keyboard can function as a touchpad, it will be perfect. There should be some mapping for right/left mouse keys.
    Right now, touch doesn't translate well for desktop applications (server applications).
    On a small screen, MOST infrastructure related web interfaces are NOT designed for touch with tiny buttons. It is very easy to miss "touch" OK and cancel. Current solution requires, zooming in & out to make sure you get the right buttons. This is something a virtual touchpad would help.

The only issue I see so far is how to get those number keys & symbols. You know how much a pain it is to type in complex passwords.
    06-20-14 01:18 PM